SP - General footsteps

Users who are viewing this thread

[...]
Tried my best
I know you did, I'm a bit of an oracle... I already knew that vase was going to break :lol: .
giphy.gif

We need donkey noises Dor!

We want to ride donkeys and have them bray as our companions and us cut looters down, Dorn!

Tell me you can make it happen Dorn!

We need this Dorn.

Please Dorn pretty please.

@Dorn

Please improve on the hit, stab and slash sounds. There are no specific sounds when you hit armor. Kingdom *** Delivery does a pretty good job in this regard. This would greatly improve the battle ambience.
And yeah footsteps sounds are repetitive and not that accurate, same goes for most other things, there is just not enough dev resources put into audio apart from the soundtrack.
C'mon man, Just do it!!

Please improve on the hit, stab and slash sounds. There are no specific sounds when you hit armor. Kingdom *** Delivery does a pretty good job in this regard. This would greatly improve the battle ambience.
And yeah footsteps sounds are repetitive and not that accurate, same goes for most other things, there is just not enough dev resources put into audio apart from the soundtrack.
C'mon man, Just do it!!

Thank you very much for your feedback Lusitani! I just wanted to let you know that we are not done with the audio yet, and many cool stuff are still being worked on ?:xf-cool:?

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your feedback Lusitani! I just wanted to let you know that we are not done with the audio yet, and many cool stuff are still being worked on ?:xf-cool:?

In some time during development, can you please tone down the guy in marketplaces who apparently is just saying rabarabaraba? He's too loud and apparently not talking any sense. :grin:

Hey i was adviced to post some of my critique/suggestions from a thread I made about infantry marching, here are the major points:

Infantry marching sounds really tame/subduied especially when more than a 100 infantry is marching/running. Atm it sound more like a dusin of old men out for a stroll in their slippers than men clad in armour on their way to go murder their enemy.

Cavalry on the other hands sound much more believable, it seems a greater emphasis has been put into the weight (sound) of the individual cavalry unit aswell as when they ride in cohesion with other units. This results in the impression of more impactful charges and you can actually tell from a distance when you are about to be charged by a massive host of cavalry (which is a great way to use sound to supplement gameplay imo).

I noticed when makring a game with 100 vs 100 infantry that you have to get really close, almost 5 m to actually be able to hear them marching at all. I also noticed that clinking from infantry with heavy armor can actually be heard, its just extemly muffled. I think the major improvement that has to be made is how the sound "stack" or is enhnaced when many units march together. Thats why I highlighted cavalry, because it already does a decent job of it, infantry marching dosent right now.

My main suggestions would be to put more emphasis on the weight (sound) of the individual infantry soldier, specifically the armor and boots/greaves their are wearing. Let us hear the distinct clinking of heavy armor as the unit march and make it sound like the infantry units actually impacting the ground they walk on.

Here is a good example of what it could sound like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom