Football and/or Soccer Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

VAR has a huge role in this world cup. But I still don't understand how/when they use it. Does var personel has consensus? Can they overrule the referee's decision? Can teams request var? Or is it just FIFA/UEFA bull**** to justify their rules anyways?

I think the most important thing about var is that everything a player does can be used against him in court, whether it is called in the end of not, everyone will try to behave a lil bit more. But they still do the most stupid **** from time to time, idk why, it's like they forget that they are being watched

The news said 25 minutes of stoppage time, which seems a ridiculously large amount for a team trailing 2-1.  The time for the tying goal was listed at 115th minute.

Edit: Upon investigation, the news estimate of stoppage time was incorrect, it was extra time.  Confusion has been removed.

Cheryshev's goal was one of the best in this tournatment. Both teams played very well.
At least all the dirty playing south american teams are now gone. Colombians, no sportsmanship whatsoever.
Let's go England, you can do it.

That Russia-Croatia match was one of the best and most intense matches in this whole World Cup. Both teams really put 100 % into this match, and it was a great game from start to end. Shame to see our boys lose, but the performance they showed was excellent. Proud of the Russian squad for that play, with a little more luck I'm sure they could have done the impossible and went to the semi's - but such is football. The ball is round, and anything can happen.

They're lucky to have made it this far! No but yeah they did better than I expected.

I don't think England should win because they deserve it. They should win as it would irritate the greatest number of foreigners and that should be the aim of any true Englishman or woman.

Always has been. That's why the Royal Navy was created, to go far and wide in search of enemies to annoy.

I don't know if I'd be able to bear the nationalism if britain won though. There's a rising inferiority complex (more so than usual, even) amongst nationalists that's been festering since the end of the falklands war, and winning the world cup would be too much of a shock for what is essentially the Poland of western europe.

Back
Top Bottom