Football and/or Soccer Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't deny that, Poland had little to show for itself... again. To paraphrase the commentator who used the commercials which hyped watching World Cup in 4K to sum it up, and here's our 4K ladies and gents, Kolombia, Kazan, Krushed dreams, KURRRRRRWA!

Was sad to see Russia lose today to Uruguay, but the loss was deserved. Russia did not play well today, but hopefully this loss will motivate the team to do their best against Spain in their upcoming match. I still have faith in the Russians.

Вперёд, Россия!!!

Adorno said:
That penalty kick for Iran was plain wrong. But they played really well.

If Iran's players had some more stamina Portugal wouldn't have stood a chance. They held possession for most of the match and did nothing with it. Ronaldo played goalhanger and tried to outskill 5 defenders with no support. Their cohesion was the worst I've seen from a major European team. It's a team built around a narcissist who wants goals fed to him.
I'm really surprised by Iran. Last world cup they were snore-inducingly bad but this time they're one of the more organized teams in the tournament.

Also lol at how VAR causes more problems than it solves. And it hasn't prevented some of the worst diving in human history.

Ronaldo deserved a red card or worse for randomly hitting iranian player and expecting to get away with it, the referee is a *****.
Morocco almost won against Spain, so maybe russians will be able to beat them?
VAR is the most dramatic thing ever

célibataire volontaire macroniste said:
Ronaldo deserved a red card or worse for randomly hitting iranian player and expecting to get away with it, the referee is a ****.
Morocco almost won against Spain, so maybe russians will be able to beat them?

We've seen a lot of bad referees so far in the World Cup unfortunately, I really hope that trend changes and we start getting some matches with good refereeing.

Yeah, Morocco almost beating Spain has really got my hopes up for Russia-Spain. It's a shame Iran didn't go through, in my opinion they deserve it more as a team than Portugal, but oh well.

Kentucky James said:
Adorno said:
That penalty kick for Iran was plain wrong. But they played really well.

If Iran's players had some more stamina Portugal wouldn't have stood a chance. They held possession for most of the match and did nothing with it. Ronaldo played goalhanger and tried to outskill 5 defenders with no support. Their cohesion was the worst I've seen from a major European team. It's a team built around a narcissist who wants goals fed to him.
I'm really surprised by Iran. Last world cup they were snore-inducingly bad but this time they're one of the more organized teams in the tournament.

Also lol at how VAR causes more problems than it solves. And it hasn't prevented some of the worst diving in human history.

Fully agreed.

célibataire volontaire macroniste said:

I almost died laughing when the whole match was stopped so several million people could focus on a single man watching a little screen. It's so surreal.

VAR is only going to work if the players aren't aware of when it's being used. Angry teams just scream VAR VAR VAR at the referee when a controversial decision is made, hoping to harass him into using the screen, while in the past they'd just have to suck it up. Really, with all the cameras and stuff, you could have a hidden referee make all the decisions while an on-pitch referee just tells the managers to get back in the box or whatever.

Meh some fouls in the 2 matches of that group were harsher than whatever ronaldo did, not a red at all IMO.

Now its uruguay x portugal cant wait for suarez and pepe to have at it.

Uruguay to probably go through.

And i have a feeling Argentina will sadly win and make outta the group, to face france at least.

All the times VAR was used it was done great imo ( though yeah on portugal x iran the ref was too undecided and took long).

Problem with VAR is that it should superseed the ref, the ref shoudnt be able to deny a VAR review, and  it would be best if he didnt even need to stop and look by himself, have the guys up there decide on the act, like Rugby Union.

The ref already relies on 3 to help him, just have the same with the VAR.

Would work out much faster and you woudnt have what happened in serbia x switzerland.... that penalty was the worse penalty yet and the ref ignored VAR

But VAR hasnt done more bad than good.

Wulfburk said:
Problem with VAR is that it should superseed the ref, the ref shoudnt be able to deny a VAR review, and  it would be best if he didnt even need to stop and look by himself, have the guys up there decide on the act, like Rugby Union.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about in my post as well. VAR should be the superior referees, since they're the ones with hundreds of cameras at their disposal and they're in a way better position to make the best call instead of some sweaty on-field referee. I really do wonder what the VAR guys think whenever they see an obvious penalty and the referee does nothing. Can't they like call him up and let him know that this should have been a penalty?

VAR is a great idea at its core, I don't really get why people don't like it. The way it works just needs to be changed, so that the VAR guys are the superior referees and have the final call.

But some VAR decisions have also proven controversial, like when Ronaldo was not given a red card (against Iran).
And even worse, in my opinion, was the penalty kick to Iran where VAR was also used. That was a wrong call, despire all their fancy equipment.
It's rarely just objective observations. And having a VAR team superimposed on the referee is not a solution in my opinion.
It's fine as it is with a monitor on the field. It's just really weird.
Instead if the VAR team reports something to the referee he should always heed it. If he can just sometimes ignore it it leads to speculation of partiality.

France-Denmark  ZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

88186d63a1.png

Scored pretty good on the group stage predictions, let's hope the scoring continues  :razz:

Uruguay, uruguay!

1x0 uruguay on a pretty lame match compared to the earlier one today.

And started my round of 16 predictions wrong already, fuq u argentina.

Oh and i also think mexico is gonna beat brazil.

1 mexico goal and we will lose our minds with neymar being sent off the pitch.

Brazil is fregues to mexico 2012 olympics never forget. All 6 finals between the 2 in professional and under age football brazil lost.

Back
Top Bottom