Football and/or Soccer Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

The Doge of Benis said:
So is VAR being used for wrestling in the box? Tunisia seem to be getting away with quite a bit.

Seems a bit daft doesn't it. I can't remember specific incidents from the Argentina game, but I felt that there too (the only other match I've watched so far) there were some strange decisions, the like of which one would think VAR would put an end to. It was ridiculous that the foul(s) on Kane in the box weren't punished with penalties. The first half incident was a blatant foul, even before conisdering the low threshold for bodily contact in the area set minutes earlier when that shameless ginger Tunisian went down after a "collision" with Walker's arm, an impact that wouldn't have bruised an apple. He disgustingly slapped his legs in glee instantly as well, knowing he had "won" his team a penalty.

We played some good football in the first half, a lot of good accurate passing and fast attacking play with intelligent movement yielded a fair few early chances, though we squandered a couple of them. The second half was rather boring and frustrating for me, and I stopped watching with eight minutes to go, but for those who don't know, Kane scored again in injury time and so England won 2-1.

VAR is a great idea, with terrible implementation. Look at today's Switzerland-Serbia game, there was a clear penalty for Serbia which was not awarded by the referee, even though he clearly must have seen it. I really wonder what the VAR guys were doing at this time? Why didn't they call him and tell him it was a penalty? Why does the referee that is on the field get to make the final call and not the guys with tons of cameras at their disposal?

In my opinion, it would be much more fair and make much more sense if a group of referees (the VAR folks) were the ones with the final say in refereeing the game, as they have a better overview of it and can better judge situations rather than the referees who are on the field.

Also, to just piss a bit more on today's referee, I wonder who's great idea it was to appoint a German referee to a game where Switzerland plays? That's a horrible idea, and we ended up with biased refereeing because of it.

Serbia of course has to take part of the blame as well, after scoring their first goal their play just got awful, they barely managed to hold onto the ball and that 2nd goal they conceded was absolutely horrible, they should have defended way better than that. But keep in mind that the Serbian players were frustrated after all the bull**** refereeing, and them not being awarded their penalties (which there should have at least been one of, perhaps even two.)

1529704225930.png

It's just very inconsistent. VAR did its job during the Brazil and Iceland games very nicely yesterday, and failed to react for the Serbs. That was definetly a penalty. It seemed to me as if the referee had a grudge with Mitrovic or something, he continuously ignored him.

However, Serbia losing the game was a pretty fair outcome due to how they closed their game after the first goal...which was in the 5th minute. That's now a winning mentality. Perhaps thing would have been different with a penalty, but I think they just had too many blunders to win that.

BNS Marko said:
It's just very inconsistent. VAR did its job during the Brazil and Iceland games very nicely yesterday, and failed to react for the Serbs. That was definetly a penalty. It seemed to me as if the referee had a grudge with Mitrovic or something, he continuously ignored him.

However, Serbia losing the game was a pretty fair outcome due to how they closed their game after the first goal...which was in the 5th minute. That's now a winning mentality. Perhaps thing would have been different with a penalty, but I think they just had too many blunders to win that.

Agreed that the performance was not best by the Serbs, but I don't think Switzerland deserved a win either. Imo, I think it should have either been a draw or a very close win for the Serbs.

After the Serbs secured their first goal, the play went really downhill which was sad to see, especially considering how well they played during the first couple of minutes to secure that first goal.

Come on Sweden, save this sport.

PS. Typical German thugs already getting away with murder.  :roll: They should thank their lucky stars that Swedes were too classy to ask for VAR.

PPS. Fully deserved. Now kick those corrupt ********s out.

Should have been a penalty at the beginning, Sweden was robbed!

Well now its brazil and germany in round of 16.

IF brazil doesnt loses to serbia that is

Back
Top Bottom