Football and/or Soccer Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, I am serious.

buying their way to the bronze in 2006
They bought off FIFA to hold the 2006 cup. If they didn't, they couldn't get even the bronze without the home advantage, especially seeing how badly they played in Euro 2008 with pretty much the same squad.
their racist, moronic fans.
Two players of Turkish descent getting shat on just because they happened to show up in a photo. Is it a dumb move? Yes. Does it mean they're provincial reactionaries supporting a dictator? Hell no, given they actually care about integrating and work just as hard as the so-called "real Germans", most of whom wouldn't even bother trying to speak English when they go abroad.

PS. YEAAAAAHHHHH.

Can't ****ing wait 'til Sweden and South Korea put the nail in the coffin.
drool.gif

PPS. I'd react the same if they were of Chinese, Japanese, American, Iraqi, Iranian, Eastern European or whatever descent.

México has the most moronic fans ever tho. They nonstop cry homophobic slurs (all at the same time)
Still I hope Mexico wins so that our ****ty match from yesterday is forgotten quick. But mein Herz liegt mit den krauten :sad:(

Dusk Voyager said:
Two players of Turkish descent getting shat on just because they happened to show up in a photo. Is it a dumb move? Yes. Does it mean they're provincial reactionaries supporting a dictator? Hell no, given they actually care about integrating and work just as hard as the so-called "real Germans", most of whom wouldn't even bother trying to speak English when they go abroad.

Boy if you think that's bad have I got stories to tell you of Turks with anyone who looks "Chinese" (aka just anyone East Asian).  :lol:

I know, I'm opening up a can of worms. The thing is, we can and do discriminate with the best, but behind their 1st world country image, I find the Germans very provincial and hypocritical (at least most of the ones I've come across on the web), more so than any other developed country. I'm not trying to excuse the crap we pull like beating up Chinese-looking guys, half the country blindly supporting a tyrant, spamming foreign boards with Turkish and so on, but just want to say that the Germans are supposed to know much better than they do with all that wealth and welfare.

Wow alright that was a more balanced response than I was expecting.  :razz: Fair enough, though I'd warn against building perceptions on nationalities based on News site comment boards and stuff, let's be real those (and those like it) attract the lowest common denominator of any nation, regardless of its relative wealth and progressiveness. Most of the Germans I've met here are very nice. Except Duh. He's a right ****.

Germans are barbaric by nature, as recent and ancient history proves. We have to be grateful they don't eat babies and do human sacrifices anymore.
Turks on the other hand come from a long line of  peaceful space khergits, they have to be held to the highest standards of civility

fwiw everyone i know just thinks it was a bit ill-considered of them to take the pic but didn't really make some drama out of it. it was a dumb move, but that's pretty much it. for the most part the main people getting actually vile about it aren't germans as a whole, but, you know, mostly racists. most germans probably don't care.

something something loud extremes. tldr
Almalexia said:
I'd warn against building perceptions on nationalities based on News site comment boards and stuff, let's be real those (and those like it) attract the lowest common denominator of any nation, regardless of its relative wealth and progressiveness. Except Duh. He's a right ****.

also germans deserved to lose, played awfully in the first half. mexico did good.

Back
Top Bottom