Fooly Cooly mod

Users who are viewing this thread

LzrdDragoon

Regular
I am not a modder this is a nice idea i wish someone could do.

Weapons.
Guitars and airsoft guns

Armor
Modern clothing

Horses
VESPAS!!!!!

I'm not trying to be rude, but am I the only one that's really sick of seeing these lame, two sentence topics about a mod that the poster -wishes- someone might make? These posts are so utterly useless and only serve to clutter the already rather hefty Mods forum.

well ,just let them be ...who knows a modder might ..love.. his idea(andhave never thought of it himself) ...if your lucky...

a man can only try :wink:

EDIT: (maybe woman these days  :lol:)

Though as an ardent FLCL fan I like the idea, I also have to agree that it's a bit silly to load down the forum by posting it without seeing it through.  Instead, maybe do a little networking.  Decide what you personally can contribute to the mod's progression and what you need help with.  Then, browse the other threads and find out who could do certain parts of the mod for you or at least tell you how.  If you can't put together a team for the specific mod you'd like, maybe volunteer your assistance (or at least wise-beyond-years artistic guidance :smile:) to a project someone else has started.  Don't just say "I'm not a modder."  Of course no one is a modder to start with, but if you really like the mod you can certainly learn enough to help create it, and then before you know it, well, you're a modder.

Damien said:
I'm not trying to be rude, but am I the only one that's really sick of seeing these lame, two sentence topics about a mod that the poster -wishes- someone might make? These posts are so utterly useless and only serve to clutter the already rather hefty Mods forum.

well, fishmod is a ridiculous idea, but it's stil fun to play. if people are interested and want to see this happen, don't be a moron and shoot it down, just don't participate in it's creation.

Damien does not seem to be complaining about the idea of the mod, just that the instigator has no intention of doing anything about it. I've already given my opinion on this before (similar to HighElf's).

First of all, let's not do the name-calling thing, okay?

Second of all, I didn't say word one about it being a good idea, I was pointing out that these forums are needlessly cluttered with threads of people saying "hey, someone ELSE should make a mod like this. . . " without any intention or expression of doing the work. Combine that with the fact that I believe topic-starting posts should be more than a couple of lines. . . .

All I want to see is that people who start threads about a new Mod have actually done at least preliminary work on it and havei ntentions of seeing it through, rather than just lamely requesting that other people should do it for them.

Damien said:
I didn't say word one about it being a good idea, I was pointing out that these forums are needlessly cluttered with threads of people saying "hey, someone ELSE should make a mod like this. . . " without any intention or expression of doing the work.

I'll have to agree with that. Also, if there's enough interest, one can always learn his way around at least part of modding work. Suggestions should be in-depth at least, so that even if the author has no modding skills whatsoever, modders might actually be interested enough to take the job.

Just throwing a theme and an age doesn't help much, imho.

EDIT: I'm not flaming your post, LzrdDragoon, it's just that this is happening a lot, to the point that people don't actually know what's being developed and what's not.

Damien said:
First of all, let's not do the name-calling thing, okay?

Second of all, I didn't say word one about it being a good idea, I was pointing out that these forums are needlessly cluttered with threads of people saying "hey, someone ELSE should make a mod like this. . . " without any intention or expression of doing the work. Combine that with the fact that I believe topic-starting posts should be more than a couple of lines. . . .

All I want to see is that people who start threads about a new Mod have actually done at least preliminary work on it and havei ntentions of seeing it through, rather than just lamely requesting that other people should do it for them.

im not trying to be mean to you, or name-call, and i understand what you mean, but some people have ideas that others wouldn't think of, but they don't have the skill to make the mod. this is called the mod discussion thread, so ideas for mods seem to fall under that category. i know we don't want clutter here, and i'm not trying to be rude, i still think there is value in coming up with new ideas, and asking others to make the mod if interested because you don't have the ability to do it yourself. i agree though, that suggestions should be well thought out.

edit - there is also a thread about guitars that sounds similar to this idea, and it seems to be developing. i started it because i wanted someone to make mea guitar, but it kinda evolved.

Pellidon is an interesting case in point. He's managed to float a couple of ideas without any modding skill. If an idea is uninteresting, it will die quickly enough (unless we all keep posting to the thread, bouying it up).

or name-call

You're not trying to name-call? So the whole 'moron' thing was written by someone else?

In any event, it isn't too much to ask that instead of asking for someone else to make a mod, you do at least some preliminary work on it. A couple of paragraphs of text - maybe a few minor modifications using the Unofficial Editor, if possible - things like that. What gets to me is these people that post three friggin' lines basically equivalent to "here's an incredibly generic idea, someone go make it for me."

calm down. i understand what you mean, mod ideas have to be well thought out. i was using moron as a descriptive word, meaning someone who takes the fun out of it. you have a good point, but that's no reason to shut an idea down that could still be developed. so the original post isn't thought out well enough, but if people like the idea, they can add to it. all i was trying to do by saying that i am not name calling was maintain some civility in this conversation, but civility seems to be degenerating very quickly.

Moron as a descriptive word? Dude.. seriously.. who are you trying to kid? Why don't you just admit that you flew off the handle and dropped an insult when you shouldn't have? Stop making lame excuses and just own up to your own behaviour like an adult.

but civility seems to be degenerating very quickly.

Is it? I think I've remained quite civil - and have yet to say one untoward thing to you. So if civility is degenerating it is only in your mind.

but that's no reason to shut an idea down that could still be developed

Once again I'll point out that I didn't say anything about the idea itself, I stated only that it should be handled more intelligently than "hey make this for me!" And I feel the same way about -your- topics, I just never saw them in time to say anything.

Damien said:
Moron as a descriptive word? Dude.. seriously.. who are you trying to kid? Why don't you just admit that you flew off the handle and dropped an insult when you shouldn't have? Stop making lame excuses and just own up to your own behaviour like an adult.

but civility seems to be degenerating very quickly.

Is it? I think I've remained quite civil - and have yet to say one untoward thing to you. So if civility is degenerating it is only in your mind.

but that's no reason to shut an idea down that could still be developed

Once again I'll point out that I didn't say anything about the idea itself, I stated only that it should be handled more intelligently than "hey make this for me!" And I feel the same way about -your- topics, I just never saw them in time to say anything.

we're getting into semantics here. i know i used an insulting word, but it was meant to convey a message, of someone who is taking the fun out of this forum. i admit i have not shown you much respect here, but what i meant by the lack of civility is that i am not getting any respect from you. the "dude, seriously, who are you trying to kid" was unnecessary. i know what i said. i gave an insult and im not trying to cover that up. i used insults to get my point accross, and send a forceful message. i think you are just too hard on people. that is where i see a lack of civility. a mod idea can be very shallow and not very descriptive, but ideas can be further developed beyond the first post. the only reason someone will make the mod is if they're interested in the idea. im sorry for the lack or respect i have shown you, and i think we have had some misunderstandings. i know what you mean, but i just think you are being to negative about it. i guess my only real argument is that mod ideas can be developed, even when the original idea isn't thought out well enough. i really don't like to argue, and i think i have made myself clear enough. i really don't want to continue this painful argument. you had some good points, but i think you are too tough on people. i also just want to say that things written in typing often tend to come out different because we aren't talking, so it's hard to tell if something is said in anger or not. no one's really breaking any rules by giving mod ideas, right?

This is the last thing I'm going to say about this, because I can see that I'm starting to get angry, and I know from past threads that nothing good will come of that:

but what i meant by the lack of civility is that i am not getting any respect from you. the "dude, seriously, who are you trying to kid" was unnecessary. i know what i said. i gave an insult and im not trying to cover that up.

That's bull. You tried to cover it up entirely - multiple times. You tried to justify it and make it seem like it wasn't so bad. Start taking responsibility for what you say. Your first statement was that you didn't even 'name-call!' I mean come on. Don't think everyone around you is illiterate and stupid. Just take responsibility, man.

i think you are just too hard on people.

I ask only of others what I ask of myself. Period. No more and absolutely no less.

That's bull
I mean come on. Don't think everyone around you is illiterate and stupid
it's just the little things like this that stick into me and make me angry as well. i have taken responsibility, i used an insult. i did. i thought you were being rough on people. you expect from everyone what you expect from yourself. i understand, but it kinda makes you come off as a moron. it was a hasty reaction to some harsh words. i know i wasn't being totally upfront at first, but here is the truth: i was annoyed so i used strong words. ive taken responsibility, and i think we're finished. we are both getting too angry to think clearly

Back
Top Bottom