Food-Prosperity=Bug

Users who are viewing this thread

@SadShogun I promised it and I did it :grin:

And so, here are five videos - each video shows a new stage of the deterioration of the situation (first for castles, later for towns), I also have saves (if they are needed, tell me how to download them).

As I understand it, the situation becomes critical when the castles becomes prosperity above 2k, and for the towns above 12k, after which the collapse begins:
-> lose food -> lose the garrison (this is the most offensive, since I have a garrison of elite troops t5-t6, thousands of troops in total) -> lose militia -> lose prosperity -> lose security -> lose loyalty -> loses fiefs (if you do not have the right policy, you will lose the fiefs due to the rebelion - in any case, you will lose the garrison and the militia, which means that the fiefs becomes an easy prey for the enemy)!!!

When a critical drop in food began due to prosperity, changing the daily default does not help, because it does not significantly affect.

And so, the solution to this bug is simple - you need to PROHIBIT the growth of prosperity if the growth of food becomes zero. The prosperity penalty does NOT have the right to touch the reserve (because then you will lose everything, including the fiefs).

if the player added a large garrison (for example, the maximum for 636 troops), or problems with food begin (for example, due to siege or raiding of villages), then prosperity should drop immediately (for example, by 1% of the total) - because for any fiefs, the priority goal is to preserve its existence, garrison and militia, security and loyalty, and only then prosperity.

btw, this bug made me take my playstyle seriously, reconsider my attitude towards policies, in order to neutralize the loss of fiefs and speed up the completion of the game :mrgreen:

you welcome :coffee:

Thank you for your efforts, I will read your analyses thoroughly. (y)

Thank you for your efforts, I will read your analyses thoroughly. (y)
hmm, after one game year I went to see something and was very surprised - as you can see in the video, the castles are still in collapse, but the towns survived, and moreover, my main town with 14k prosperity restored the increase in food... I`m shocked

I suspect there are two reasons:
1.I have adopted the correct policy
2. no one raids my villages and no one besieges
- or I don't know what's going on :roll:

Last edited:
hmm, after one year I went to see something and was very surprised - as you can see in the video, the castles are still in collapse, but the towns survived, and moreover, my main town with 14k prosperity restored the increase in food... I`m shocked

I suspect there are two reasons:
1.I have adopted the correct policy
2. no one raids my villages and no one besieges
- or I don't know what's going on :roll:

There were developments at distribution of items (includes food) over world in last 7-8 months, if there are less foods compared to prosperity in market its price increases much so more caravans bring items there. These previous developments helped towns survive with high prosperity. Also still your last video is from older patches. Towns with high prosperity now slowly lose prosperity because of additional factor "housing costs". This also helps balancing. However there is no balancing factor at castles still. Food / prosperity problems should be mostly solved in last patches (after 1.5.8-1.5.9-1.5.10-1.6.0), still there can be minor problems. However it's best to talk these from a fresh game started from latest patches.

There were developments at distribution of items (includes food) over world in last 7-8 months, if there are less foods in market its price increase much so more caravans bring items there. These previous developments helped towns survive with high prosperity. Also still your last video is from older patches. Towns with high prosperity now slowly lose prosperity because of additional factor housing costs. This also helps balancing. However there is no balancing factor at castles still. Food / prosperity problems should be mostly solved in last patches, still there can be minor problems. However it's best to talk these from a fresh game started from latest patches.
this is a new game e1.5.9. (main) with last patch without mods
my quote "after one year" - it meant after one year in the game - see my previous post with all the videos where the collapse stage is recorded
I have investigated - your prosperity and food balance system are broken - it's a fact 100%

Last edited:
this is a new game e1.5.9. (main) with last patch without mods
my quote "after one year" - it meant after one year in the game - see my previous post with all the videos where the collapse stage is recorded
I have investigated - your prosperity and food balance system are broken - it's a fact 100%

I examined your videos. Your suggestion (prohibit prosperity increase when there is no extra food) can be an alternative solution however it's best solving problem without doing this. If there is no way remained then this can be done in future. In 1.5.10 and 1.6.0 there is also a balancing variable named "housing costs" removes prosperity daily (1/2/3/4 if prosperity > 6000+/9000+/12000+/15000+) when it is increased too much. Also I see even you have problem with prosperity increase you selected as default project "housing" in your examples so it is increasing 1-2 prosperity each day making things worse. This is wrong choice of player. Also Empire bonus +1 prosperity is removed at 1.6.0.

So only this below sample's daily prosperity change will decrease to -2 from +4 at 1.6.0 if you also do not select housing as default project. Also I am not fan of prosperity increase caused by loyalty. I also would be happy if it is removed - not my decision. So only Aquaducts & governor effects are remained which can increase prosperity when there is no food surplus, if we change aquaducts description as "it increases prosperity when there is extra food" then it can be also better. So mostly problems be solved.

6QOIH.png

I will think about what can we do extra for castles. Still they will be better after removal of +1 empire bonus. Especially this bonus makes their prosperity > 2000. Without it this is so hard for a castle to reach 2K prosperity (ofc not impossible)

Last edited:
I examined your videos. Your suggestion (prohibit prosperity increase when there is no extra food) can be an alternative solution however it's best solving problem without doing this. If there is no way remained then this can be done in future. In 1.5.10 and 1.6.0 there is also a balancing variable named "housing costs" removes prosperity daily (1/2/3/4 if prosperity > 6000+/9000+/12000+/15000+) when it is increased too much. Also I see even you have problem with prosperity increase you selected as default project "housing" in your examples so it is increasing 1-2 prosperity each day making things worse. This is wrong choice of player. Also Empire bonus +1 prosperity is removed at 1.6.0.

So only this below sample's daily prosperity change will decrease to -2 from +4 at 1.6.0 if you also do not select housing as default project.

6QOIH.png
you're right, but there is one thing:
prosperity has no right to touch the food reserve - this contradicts both logic, and care for residents, and the survival of the fief
->
food reserve, security and loyalty are the main stats of a "healthy" fief, - these stats fall if the food reserve becomes zero... that is, violation of this formula leads to a collapse... therefore you can come up with any formula, but it will not work correctly, if there is no fuse, in the form of stopping the growth of prosperity, if the food reserve starts to be zero
and logic says that if a fief is starving, then it cannot prosper - you know? here any formula would be absurd!

in any case, I did what I wanted, I conducted an investigation, made step-by-step videos, gave arguments (logical reasoning) and my mission is complete - what will you do with this, this is your decision ?

you're right, but there is one thing:
prosperity has no right to touch the food reserve - this contradicts both logic, and care for residents, and the survival of the fief
->
food reserve, security and loyalty are the main stats of a "healthy" fief, - these stats fall if the food reserve becomes zero... that is, violation of this formula leads to a collapse... therefore you can come up with any formula, but it will not work correctly, if there is no fuse, in the form of stopping the growth of prosperity, if the food reserve starts to be zero
and logic says that if a fief is starving, then it cannot prosper - you know? here any formula would be absurd!

in any case, I did what I wanted, I conducted an investigation, made step-by-step videos, gave arguments (logical reasoning) and my mission is complete - what will you do with this, this is your decision ?

Thank you for your efforts. Lets stay in touch and continue discussing this problem after you move to 1.6s.

Thank you for your efforts. Lets stay in touch and continue discussing this problem after you move to 1.6s.
thanks, but no, because I spent 100 hours of time (1500 hours in total) of my life on the last game (conducted a lot of experiments, reported bugs, made many posts on the forum about this) and I'm tired - there are too many "controversial" moments in the game and exploits and bugs... I will wait until the game becomes more stable, when fixed bugs, adjust the balance, and when the game becomes more comfortable

anyway I'm glad a bought this game, has a lot of good time, has a lot of fun
with love for this game and respect for the developers (y)

thanks, but no, because I spent 100 hours of time (1500 hours in total) of my life on the last game (conducted a lot of experiments, reported bugs, made many posts on the forum about this) and I'm tired - there are too many "controversial" moments in the game and exploits and bugs... I will wait until the game becomes more stable, when fixed bugs, adjust the balance, and when the game becomes more comfortable

Sure, I understand you.

Byeeee ?????

Back
Top Bottom