• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Follow the Spy to meeting quest

Users who are viewing this thread

Tokashi

Veteran
WBNW
Every time I get this quest the townsman that I have to follow runs to the meeting point and then runs back to the starting Castle/Town and I keep on failing the quest because of this and it never happened before. Normally it just waits for me to get them, now I do not even get a chance to find the townsman, I have like lvl 6 tracking and lvl 6 spotting so there is no way that I follow some other dodgy path.

Anyway I was just wondering if it is just me or Diplomacy 2.8 that is causing the problem.

Caba`drin

Count
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
The quest got much, much more difficult with the 1.127 patch, I believe. The spy and the party he meets behave differently than they did before, which makes them flee at ridiculous speeds if you don't time it just right.

Tokashi

Veteran
WBNW
Captain_Octavius said:
Perhaps he spotted you before he arrived there? If that's the case, he flees from you. Try following at a larger distance.

That is not possible because the tracks are 6hours old, one time I saw the townsman running past me back to the castle and I did not even see how with spotting at lvl 6. It is really dodgy and the townsman has never ran away because I was close to him.

Might be something from patch 1.127 like Caba'drin said, donno I will try something else but if I wait any longer then the tracks will disappear

EDIT: I tried the quest again, and still I failed because they just ran away, this time tracks were 10hours old, at some point I saw the other unknown party group of 9 ran past me to another village and it failed after the Townsman ran back to the Town. This is so annoying and its the first time I am experiencing this problem, even with 1.127, I am not sure if it has something to do with Diplomacy

hicisred

Regular
Like Tokashi, I never had this problem until lately.  I even enabled cheats because I was getting frustrated and I saw that as soon as the two met one another they both immediately started moving in opposite directions.  There isn't any time to "time it right" or get there before they split up, because they immediately leave once they meet up.

Not sure if this is Diplomacy's influence or 1.127....

Tokashi

Veteran
WBNW
jip, I guess I will have to try it out in native to see if it is diplomacy or 1.127

I have done a CLEAN Diplomacy install when I started with 2.8 and a fresh game start too

Tokashi

Veteran
WBNW
I have quickly tested it in Native.

When the Townsman sees you, you will be notified and then he runs back. That has never happened to me because I was a lot slower than him.

When the they meet, they wait about 2hours (ingame hours based on the TRACKs) and then they just run back to their starting locations. So the patch 1.127 is the cause of this problem, so you will have to be faster than the Townsman so that you can get to them before they leave. The travel speed of the Townsman is about 6.5 so you will have to be faster than that to get to their meeting point.

For me it will be hard until I get a Castle or Town where I can garrison my slow moving troops or if I can get my pathfinding over 7 with fast moving troops. I mostly have infantry so its almost impossible for me to get to their meeting point before they leave but once I am a vassal I do not get these quests anymore or do I ?

SO it is NOT Diplomacy but its 1.127... SUCKY!

There must be a way to change this manually in the script.txt file, make their meeting time 5-6 hours long

Tokashi

Veteran
WBNW
hehe, well I have to cheat now to be able to finish it :wink: pathfinding is 8 and now I can get to them with my slow arse party

Caba`drin

Count
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
It's absurdly difficult now. Particularly because the meeting points are often near towns/villages where the group the spy is meeting can quickly vanish.

Tokashi

Veteran
WBNW
yeah, there is no way that you will be able to complete this quest with a 150man army with low pathfinding and after 50days you should have that size army. Only way that you complete this quest now is with high pathfinding and a cavalry only army ;-(

ellwoodis

Regular
I completed it once using teleport and see all cheats.
I tried and failed 4 other times using the same cheats.
But even when I jumped to the meeting place, one of the 2 spies disappears.
I engage all of them in battle, using blunt weapons, but only get one of the spies. The other flees the battlefield. 
Your reward is a loss of honor or reknown and only a little denar.

Top Bottom