Fog of War: how to make it less annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Sometimes when developers add something into a game that wasn't developed with it in mind, it is more frustrating than fun because it doesn't work well or make sense within the other gameplay systems.

The current Fog of War is ... that kind of deal. These are some possible, I think sensible, ways to improve the situation -
  • Marriage offers should unlock the marriagable NPC's page
  • When interacting with a non-hostile army, all NPCs in that army should be unlocked - currently you have tedious click to meet all of them
  • Feasts would clearly help reduce the tedium of finding NPCs by giving opportunities to meet many at once
  • Paying for information should be available from an NPC
Feel free to add, just throwing some things out there.

The mechanic is laughably meaningless and adds nothing to the gameplay. I truly believe it's beyond salvageable.

Just remove it entirely or at the very least provide an option to disable it.

In warband you could talk to tavern keepers to ask about information on certain people, I think thats what they were trying to go for with the fog of war, but kinda forgot to add that option to tavern keepers. Also youll see NPCs comment on lords and influental people, giving out their treats but not really unlocking their page in the encyclopedia.

Back
Top Bottom