In Progress Fog burns at dusk and dawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Wow, that's a really poetic-sounding thread title, isn't it? Anyway: there's a map with fog, which is cool, but at certain times of day (around dusk and/or dawn), it appears to catch fire when it's near the edge of its draw distance. It isn't limited to the ambient fog; dust clouds kicked up by horses on this map are likewise affected.

How to Reproduce: Enter the map shown around dusk or dawn and move around the map.

Have you used cheats and if so which: No

Scene Name: Unknown

Media:
2021-03-26-11-53-58.png

I don't understand. Every time I visit this map at this time of day, I experience this issue. However, AFAIK, there is no way for a player to see the name of the map he is playing on, so I can't give you a map name.

Follow these steps.
Visit the map that has the issue and pause the game without leaving that map.

Open the file "rgl_log_xxxx.txt" located in the hidden folder C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs
Go to the bottom of the text file and click on any random text.
Search for the phrase $BASE/Modules/SandBoxCore/SceneObj ,with the "Direction" setting set to "Up"

Here is an example result.
[17:38:57.522] Loading xml file: $BASE/Modules/SandBoxCore/SceneObj/empire_siege_001/scene.xscene.
17H:38M:57S, is the time that map loaded, and "empire_siege_001" is the map name.

It will also help if you post the logs that are in the same section as the map log. (See below).

Last edited:
All performance options are on absolute maximum except that motion blur, depth of field, and film grain have been disabled. The glitch occurs every time I play on this map during the specified times of (in-game) day.

Back
Top Bottom