Floris Dev Suite 2.5 Question ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Now I'm screwed. I copied module_items.py to new instance of DevSuite and it gives errors, too...
Something like invalid operand type and something with process_items.py

I think that it'd be better to start over as 99% of the work lies in modeling and texturing. And I accidentally deleted .brf files and .dds files in textures folder(build new model batch :grin:).

Edit:starting over seems to work. BTW a while ago I asked about Find an item in Cheat menu. You said something about changing number of items in module_constant. However, I can't find anything like that. What it should look like?

Leifdin said:
How to add new items into cheat menu so I can get them and test them.
Check the menu option that leads to the cheat menu. See whether there are clues. Aside from that make sure that your added items are before item_ends so that they are in the item ranges defined in module_constants.

Leifdin said:
BTW the module_troops.py gave me "indentation error expected an indented block". What's that(I'm recovering unmodified file now, but what is that?)
That error is Python related.  The python code blocks you will likely find at the bottom of any file for modmerger (outside of the main []'s) is where you'd need to look.  Likely you have a mixture of some lines using tabs and some using spaces to setup the indentation on each line.  You need to use all spaces or all tabs to do this or this error pops up.

Thanks for replies!
Duh: I only found a line: all_items_end = "itm_items_end" with lines concerning item categories following. However, I don't feel that this can be updated; do I really need to update it somehow (according to this, my test helmet is in "shields" category) or I need to search further?

BTW I've noticed that ID_items gets updated automatically. Also when I open item through Morgh's editor it gets itm_ added before ID. Cool!

AAAARGH! ME STUPID! ME SMASH! YOU DON'T NEED TO UPDATE ANYTHING! You just need to compile it :oops: My item is there but there is some problem with mesh so I can't see it.

And hopefully last question: How is module.ini generated? In other words, I need module.ini to load my .brf files when built. How?

Edit Number X: All helmets are in the game and in cheat menu. Thanks a lot for help.

I downloaded Python and added it tho the enviroment variables but this wasn't working so i went to the forum and somebody tolld me that i had to copy past python 24.exe and python.dll to my module system folder and that worked for me. ( The error i got before i fixed it was: Python wordt niet herkend als een extern of intern batch bestand. ik ben Nederlands) I get the same error when i try a batch file of you guys could you please help me because i have a mod that is in the top 10 and i need to begins scripting again since i have a new computer.

I've been and arm chair general for several years now. I just got into modding the Mount and Blade games. I'm not particularly savy with this sort of thing. The most I've ever modded a game was reorganizing the magic schools more effectively (Why does conjuration have weapons spells? Those go in the alteration school for better situational item control.) in Morrowind and creating/reworking the classes to use strategies based on the new classifications. Anyway I'm working on a mod for our beloved Mount and Blade that separates the kingdoms into more specific cultural blocks based geography and time period (Like creating troops and kingdoms that separate Byzantine armor styles from later Turkish armor styles) as well as over hauling some of the economy. I want to use the Floris scripts as a base to start from but the module system only allows me to compile files based on the Native game into my Floris based module folder. How do I get the compiler in the module system folder to allow me to edit the code from the Floris mod pack? I've been attempting to convert the scripts.txt file in my Floris based module folder in my game directory into a module_scripts.py file in my module_system 1.171 folder essentially I can't get it to work. I need help. Please may I have help?  :dead:

p.s. Bethesda expects you to be fine with having your summoning spells in with your weapons materialization spells?

Conjuration= Deadra summons
Necromancy= undead and ghost summons
Evocation= nature spirit summons
Transmutation/Alteration= fabricated/magic item control

I've still been attempting to use my Build_Floris_Expanded batch to place the txt file in my module folder so I can begin making my own modifications to the game and near the very end of the build operation it says something like what ccllnply was going though on the 2.3 Dev Suite forum.

ccllnply said:
Duh said:
What does your compiler say? Do you happen to have Win7?

I do have Windows 7

I just ran the complier and this is what it said

Compiling Floris Expanded Mod Pack to a custom directory
Start Processing...

Initializing...
Compiling all global variables...
Exporting strings...
Exporting skills...
Exporting tracks...
Exporting animations...
Exporting meshes...
Exporting sounds...
Exporting skins...
Exporting map icons...
Exporting faction data...
Exporting item data...
Exporting scene data...
Exporting troops data
Exporting particle data...
Exporting scene props...
Exporting tableau materials data...
Exporting presentations...
Exporting party_template data...
Exporting parties
Exporting quest data...
Exporting info_page data...
Exporting scripts...
Exporting mission_template data...
Exporting game menus data...
exporting simple triggers...
exporting triggers...
exporting dialogs...
Checking global variable usages...
Imported 30 global variables for saved-game compatability that are not used.
Exporting postfx_params...
Exporting flora data...
Exporting ground_spec data...
Exporting skyboxes...

Copying source files to internal directory...
Moving source files to custom mod directory...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "other_files_custom.py", line 56, in <module>
    shutil.move("./actions.txt",export_dir_main + "./Modules/" + export_dir_cust
om + "./actions.txt")
  File "C:\Python27\lib\shutil.py", line 299, in move
    copy2(src, real_dst)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\shutil.py", line 128, in copy2
    copyfile(src, dst)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\shutil.py", line 83, in copyfile
    with open(dst, 'wb') as fdst:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:/Program Files/Mount&Blade Warb
and/./Modules/./Native/./actions.txt'
        1 file(s) moved.

All Finished ...
Cleaning up...

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .

except instead of;

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:/Program Files/Mount&Blade Warb
and/./Modules/./Native/./actions.txt'
        1 file(s) moved.

It's more like;

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './warrider_logo.dds'
        1 file(s) moved.

Please help. I'm almost literally pulling my hair out of my head in frustration with modding this game. Attempting to learn this stuff is like teaching an written foreign language to a blind person. What is warrider_logo.dds? How do I get the Dev Suite to build and compile or whatever into my custom mod folder?

Back
Top Bottom