Floris Basic PLUS | Floris Expanded LITE

Users who are viewing this thread

I am looking for being able to install Diplo + PBOD..... + some graphical enhancements, like Graphical Boost Pack

Thank you for the link for Warband 1.134.

Making two installs worked well but MODs installation was a ridiculous saga :
it's a pity some authors seem to update their stuff with apparently removing the reference to their older version. So good luck to find a way to install two Mods you want when one guy just released the new version of his mod (Diplomacy 3.2.2 original install please ???).

I am like this guy :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,186371.0.html.
Everyone make new threads (5 or 6 maybe) about .txt files update but the original is missing to my eyes.

Finally the information and file are missing about an installer for Diplomacy 3.2.2.

So I use 1.143 and Diplomacy 4.0, doing without PBOD. Period. (ya, copying PBOD 0.88 over Diplo 4.0 hasn't been a good idea)

If I am wrong, any help is welcome (even if I m right heh).

Hello!

Will diplomacy save-games (day 200+) work with a new install of "Floris Basic PLUS | Floris Expanded LITE"?

Made a copy of my diplomacy directory, renamed it floris, put it in my modules directory, overwrote it with floris basic plus, installed the music & sound .txt files too, modified the module.ini & the itemkinds.txt files as instructed in the directions.

It seems to be working *ok* after a 3rd install attempt (1st time no music, 2nd time crashed) following the directions to install it, except for one problem; when I am travelling on the world map from city to city the horse galloping sound file, sounds like a tardis, or warping from star trek. The music sounds fine, all other sound effects sound fine. I have yet to see any new items. The banners are working fine. The diplomacy options are in place and working fine.

I did install the sound.txt & music.txt because I do want to hear the new sounds & new music. I edited the module.ini & itemkinds.txt as instructed.

The galloping in my native game, and my regular diplomacy game both sound normal. Floris sounds like I am being chased by doctor who.

Suggestions or thoughts? do I simply need to start a new game career?

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

I did use the ufo fix, and it worked, thank you!

However, unfortunately, now I am getting runtime errors, and lock-ups that I previously had not gotten. Bummer.

I am still wondering,
Grimnir777 said:
Hello!

Will diplomacy save-games (day 200+) work with a new install of "Floris Basic PLUS | Floris Expanded LITE"?

Perhaps using my old save game is the problem? Thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

Diplomacy savegames should only have Constable-related items issues when adding Floris Basic (he might turn up shirtless and the like).
The lock-ups/crashes are not likely due to the savegame, but more your system's strain at loading all the items, textures, etc.

Thanks so much. I simply didn't want to have to start a new career. I've perused the forums for more causes and solutions as well. I will adjust the options to lower settings. I have the options cranked as it is a gorgeous game. Have a great weekend.

Hello guys,

I am trying to merch Floris Basic to Diplomacy+PBOD, but I am not able to do so.
I found this tutorial here and did following steps:

DL and installed Diplo+PBOD
DL and installed Floris Basic 2.5

This tutorial says there should be two files, called "add to module.ini" and the "add to item_kinds1".
But I do not have them in my directory. I searched everywhere.

(downloaded Floris via torrent)

What can I do now?

Thx
Crue

With the new Floris, your best bet would be to run a difference test with a program like WinMerge between the Floris Basic and Diplomacy module.ini and itemkinds1.txt files.

The instructions above apply to Floris 2.4 and earlier, rather than the current Floris 2.5. You could also download Floris Basic 2.4 from the changelog/old version repository in this post.

Well well.. I downloaded WinMerge, but I don't know what to do with those both files. I know how to compare them, but I don't know what I do next in order to merge them propebly. Can you help me with that?

Crue

In the 2.5 mod folder, there is no longer a "add to module.ini.txt" file or a "add to items.txt.txt." This had made it considerably harder to integrate it with other mods; is there any way around this?

Seleucus I said:
In the 2.5 mod folder, there is no longer a "add to module.ini.txt" file or a "add to items.txt.txt." This had made it considerably harder to integrate it with other mods; is there any way around this?
Use a comparison tool like WinMerge to compare Basic's module.ini file with your Target Mod's module.ini file and similarly with itemkinds1.txt

Ugh, I think I did something wrong. Whenever the load screen gets to the "Load Setting Data" part, it crashes and says "error too many variation on mesh Copy". Please help me!

Ok, I've downloaded WinMerge, compared both the files, WTH do i with it after I've done that?
(Maybe because I'm a novice this whole thing has confused the daylights out of me)

What lines do i change?
do i need to add any lines?

Do you think maybe you could update you're instructions to take into account the need to use winmerge?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards Herb.

Yeah, someone please update the guide as this one is outdated. I'd really love to only have Floris Basic with Diplomacy added into it, but I am clueless how to.

hi all.

I have the same problem. Please update this guide, Id love to try the floris basic pack, but have no idea on how to install it on top of diplomacy mod.

I downloaded the floris basic pack, but there are no "instructions" inside of it. The "items_kinds" and "module" files are just filled with weird strings.

thank you!

Unless somebody in the community does this (possibly you?), there wont be an update. Floris is no longer being developed by us original devs.

Back
Top Bottom