Floris 2.54 Dev suite source file issues

Users who are viewing this thread

PandaSage13

Recruit
Hi Everyone,

Just recently I’ve decided to undertake the daunting task of creating my very own little slice of Warband heaven (yes Banner lord drops in a few weeks but I’ve come to expect disappointment from most releases so this will kill time). Anyway I’ve done a fair amount of modding and normally I am competent enough to figure things out on my own; however this is the first time I’ve undertaken source modding and as the title says I’m using Floris 2.5.4 Dev suite. The expanded edition is the version I’m editing and I have the info.py set up properly and I can successfully compile to the correct location. Although any change I make is causing errors; even something as simple as raising Borcha’s strength stat. The only things I can successfully compile are things I add on top. Such as new companions (or if I add in some of the pre created but unused companions already located in the Floris troops mod) so I’m really hoping someone might be able to shed some light on what I’m doing wrong here, or if I possibly missed something. Oh I’ve also tried to use Morgh’s (which I have also configured properly and tested on both txt and py files) the changes it makes to the py show up in the file so it’s working but again when I try to compile it fails. I would provide pictures but they seem to be different errors every time. Anyway If Anyone could give me some ideas or direction I would really appreciate it. Also this is my first post so I apologize if it’s in the wrong place. If anyone needs any additional information I’m happy to provide it again I’m just somewhat naive when it come to source modding. Thanks again!

Solution
I would also tell you not to use the 'Morghs' tool with py files, the structuring of the Floris kit modsys is not the same as that of Native, -which is appropriate for this tool- , and therefore it will certainly create errors unknown.

Remember also that a successful compilation doesn't mean that the code is error-free as a whole, it just passed the first screening. You'll have to test all your changes, at least the most significant ones, if you don't want your modification to become a nightmare of warnings and errors in the long run...

Small changes, compiling, testing... that should be your premise until you become familiar with the mb language. Don't be afraid to ask your questions and welcome to the forums.
It's the correct place, no worries about that ^^
If you get errors, describe exactly what you are doing and note down what the error messages say (Use the Spoiler option for formating the text here). If someone has an idea what causes it, they will give you a feedback. You have succesfully set the module system up, I assume? So you have no error messages while compiling when you don't change anything?

Upvote 0
Ok thanks! Yes I’ve set it up properly and am able to compile error free until I make changes. In this example I made one change (changed the main players starting strength attribute to 20). And got this when trying to compile.
Copying source files to internal directory...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "other_files_custom.py", line 12, in <module>
shutil.copy("./conversation.txt",intern_dir_expanded_custom + "./conversation.txt")
File "C:\Python27\lib\shutil.py", line 117, in copy
copyfile(src, dst)
File "C:\Python27\lib\shutil.py", line 82, in copyfile
with open(src, 'rb') as fsrc:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './conversation.txt'
1 file(s) moved.

Ièm at a total loss. Why the conversations.txt is being referenced for such a change is beyond me and it says "no such file or directory: but there is a conversations.txt. agh sorry for talking in circles lol this can be so frustrating.

Upvote 0
do the following:
1) post log after successful installation (no code changes) and confirm if the files were created (in the module folder, check the date of files like scripts.txt, it needs to have the day and hour of when you did the compilation)
2) post your code change here.
3) compile and post the log message with errors

remember: we dont know what you did and we cant see your computer. Instead of saying what you did it, show it. Screens, logs, code samples, etc.

Upvote 0
I would also tell you not to use the 'Morghs' tool with py files, the structuring of the Floris kit modsys is not the same as that of Native, -which is appropriate for this tool- , and therefore it will certainly create errors unknown.

Remember also that a successful compilation doesn't mean that the code is error-free as a whole, it just passed the first screening. You'll have to test all your changes, at least the most significant ones, if you don't want your modification to become a nightmare of warnings and errors in the long run...

Small changes, compiling, testing... that should be your premise until you become familiar with the mb language. Don't be afraid to ask your questions and welcome to the forums.

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you to everyone who commented and I apologize for the long delay in response. After reading everything you've said I think I`m going to go back and work off of Native (because from what I understand that means I should be able to make some changes using Morgh's? Since it wont be the Floris file structure anymore? And I'll take your advice and star small until I learn the language better. Thank you for the warm welcome, and again for the help!:grin:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom