Floris 2.5 Normalmaps Minimod

Users who are viewing this thread

monnikje

Master Knight
This minimod has new normalmaps created by WingCutAngel to replace the existing ones in the Floris Textures folder. It not only provides better normalmaps, but also reduces them in size, with the intend to improve gameplay and reduce lag.

We much appreciate it if you share your experiences with these new normalmaps with us.

Floris Mod Pack Normals Minimod
Version: 2.5 with or without patch
Compatibility: 1.143
Download size: 72,9 MB
Unpacked Size: 192 MB (Actually it reduces your Floris installation with around 200 MB)

Download mirrors
Crocko, RapidShare, ModDB, Nexus

Installation instructions:

Basic: Extract all textures starting with 'min_' or 'ext_' into the 'Floris Gameplay Mod Pack 2.5/Textures/' folder and say yes to overwrite all.

Gameplay: Extract all textures starting with 'min_' into the 'Floris Gameplay Mod Pack 2.5/Textures/' folder and say yes to overwrite all.

Expanded: Extract all the new textures into the 'Floris Expanded Mod Pack 2.5/Textures/' folder and say yes to overwrite all.

Dev Suite: Extract all the new textures into the 'Floris Dev Suite 2.5/Files/Textures/' folder and say yes to overwrite all.

They look very nice, visible improvement and less size on top. Very good work.

One minor thing - the chainmail armors, the dark ones - like the reddish armor of the sea riders. They seems a little sparkly.
Actualy all chainmail armors have this sparks now, but it looks GOOD on them, only on the dark ones that looks little odd.

/ I use extended eddition /

I'm glad you the new maps. I find the chainmail behavior a bit strange, those maps should have minimal impact on actual look of objects (its more of an optimization on the technical side). It would be great if you could post a screen of those units or if anyone else could confirm this.
I mean there is a possibility that normalmaps weren't displayed correctly before which resulted in  chainmails having no specular highlights.

E4D47CB0BE3664EA04431CA568BE427DD344D944

3454CB8CC1031619D023749C935595E1183C6716

Screens, as ordered. May be it works as intended, it does not look bad, dunno.

That would certainly explain the sparkly chainmails... I'll look into it, still I'm interested to see if this has any negative performance impact.
Ok, I took a look at them in-game and I kind of like those sparkles on mid range, I'll try to make fewer mipmaps than original and see if that could give us a compromise between the new and old looks

Back
Top Bottom