Floris 2.5 Beta // Last Beta Round

Users who are viewing this thread

And another little bug i noticed:

- if you own land it will be shown in a statistic how much you own, how much this will bring each week and how much money you currently have in a city. The last of those 3 isnt shown correctly. I just tried out. First 2 week-period was correct, second 2-week-period without taking the money ( 108 acres ) wasnt shown correctly in the financial report. But it has been calculated correctly since, when i moved into praven to take the money i got 30k instead of just 15k ( the number which was incorrectly shown in the report )

I entered a cave. However, while i was killing my enemies, suddenly i started to feel as one of them. I saw my allies as enemies and killed them. And the game is closed. Already, the game always turns off.

Duh said:
Are you sure you didnt mix up balance (15k+ apparantly) and assets (30k after 4 weeks)?

i am :smile: its been pretty easy not to mix it up since both was 15k :smile: after 4 weeks...aswell as after 2 weeks

Can you upload some screenshots with this occuring?

KLaupS ChamasK said:
I entered a cave. However, while i was killing my enemies, suddenly i started to feel as one of them. I saw my allies as enemies and killed them. And the game is closed. Already, the game always turns off.
Apply the patch :wink:

If you crash - head to the support sticky and share your system specs as well as your rgl log.

Patch 3 applied
This is just a small Text error, when starting a new game and choosing who you want to be etc, if you choose sense of duty as the last option when you read through the description it says "As a 0 of honour etc..."  I'm guessing it is meant to be man or woman depending on the sex you choose.

Great mod guys  :grin:

dark r1d3r said:
Patch 3 applied
This is just a small Text error, when starting a new game and choosing who you want to be etc, if you choose sense of duty as the last option when you read through the description it says "As a 0 of honour etc..."  I'm guessing it is meant to be man or woman depending on the sex you choose.
Thanks.  Fixed.

It appears that the new grass isn't included in the newest patch.  I'm using the original 2.5 beta with the newest patch, and it looks pretty awful.

EDIT: I just reinstalled the mod and the patch, and the grass looks the same, so I guess it's just supposed to look like that.

Also, there's a typo in Sajjad's dialogue about his loss of faith: The first line currently reads "It is there that I my faith."

Other than that though, great job guys.  I've been really pleased with the entire pack.  Keep up the good work!

I've also been experiencing an issue with companion auto-equip.  Sajjad has been equipping lower quality helmets religiously.  Here's a screenshot.  Strangely enough, after I took that screenshot the problem seemed to resolve itself.  It may have had something to do with his strength being 10 at the time, after I raised it up he stuck with the helmet.  Maybe the script assumed that it wasn't high enough to be used?

Now another companion is doing it (with the same helmet, actually).  Her strength is 11, 1 above the requirement.

Hopefully this is my last edit.  After picking certain troops to join me in a large battle, I found that my party had been reorganized, reflecting my choice in the new order.

Windyplains said:
Vakamono said:
Hi! I really like the new tournament design, but all this text in different colours distracts me a lot. could it be possible to show/hide it? maybe like in battle to show the minimap?
You can't show/hide it mid-combat, but you can disable it entirely.  It is on by default, but click the "display settings" button in the options panel and uncheck "view in-combat display".
Thanks!

Not sure if this belongs here or in the Lancers Fix thread.
Even though I activated the 'Lancers use the right weapon' fix many lancers keep there lance after charging and try to fight their melee with it after they got stuck. Even worse some even keep it after they've got knocked from their horses and fight on foot with their lance o.0

Is this intended / known / not solvable at this point or could this be a bug?

Thulgar said:
Not sure if this belongs here or in the Lancers Fix thread.
Even though I activated the 'Lancers use the right weapon' fix many lancers keep there lance after charging and try to fight their melee with it after they got stuck. Even worse some even keep it after they've got knocked from their horses and fight on foot with their lance o.0

Is this intended / known / not solvable at this point or could this be a bug?
A couple reasons you could be seeing this:
They should only change, while mounted, if surrounded by enemies (>3 enemies within 5 meters or some such...I can't remember the specifics of my own code at the moment), but the moment they are de-horsed, they should switch to a non-lance if they have one equipped. Are you certain that these knights are equipped with non-lance weapons?

Second, are you certain these troops are equipped with lances and not spears? Only lances (so couch-able weapons) are covered by this weapon use fix, not polearms in general. A number of bandit-type troops, for instance, are equipped with spears rather than polearms lances.

So, you might want to check which troops you see this with and what those troops have for gear. If you have them in your party, give them the one-handed or two-handed weapons type orders and see if they change. (If they don't, then they don't have anything but polearms equipped and couldn't change if they wanted to; if they only have spears, then they won't be covered by this.)

If you're still of a mind that there's a bug, I can do some deeper checking to be sure nothing is getting overridden in the code.

text error :

"..., and you must face the fact that you're out in the wide wide world..."

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/631862291260094020/504F68E8EFB188BB8507D2D19A7FB34B0946A4E4/
504F68E8EFB188BB8507D2D19A7FB34B0946A4E4

Sorry for the noob question but I have to ask, what does the red 'OSP' on the feature list mean?

Hello again.

I was playing today and I noticed a couple of small issues:

I am currently in khan sanjar's army and I just got promoted. This is my new bow, which is completely white. It's called khergit bow i think. Is this supposed to be white?

Later I fought on a tournament and this happened in two consecutive rounds:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037562712/screenshot/614973792658032132/?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037562712/screenshot/614973792658035116/?

Ghazwan and Edwyn appear twice on the rankings.

And on a less important note, the archer practice from the tutorial doesn't work. I talk to the instructor, he tells me to pick up the bow from the table, a huge yellow arrow appears on the sky, but there's no bow.

Otherwise awesome, as always. Thanks for the mod guys

sorry, picture of the bow:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037562712/screenshot/614973792658028655/?

3 Minor bugs I've noticed. [THE LINKS SAY INACTIVE, they work, I just haven't been on for over two hours yet]

1)The biggest one is that there are still native troop tree mercenaries in my game. They only appear when I kill bandits who have them prisoner, and I must hire them into my party from the bandits prisoner pool. I cannot hire them anywhere else. Also the expanded troop tree mercenary past the farmer/woman initial tier 1 NEVER appear in captivity anywhere.
Its the caravan guard -> mercenary swordsman -> hired blade tree (all tech levels appear).
                                    -> mercenary cavalry -> etc
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198011744989/screenshot/613847892752324878?

2)During a battle when issuing commands with the F1-F9 keys part of the box won't disappear. That is, once I've issued the order boxes F4-F9 stay there (with the commands associated with them). They aren't functional though, I've already given the command but the graphic just stays on the screen. This only happens on orders which have more than five (up to F5) options. They only disappear when I issue a new order.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198011744989/screenshot/613847892752306222?

EDIT: Can confirm that hitting F9 gets rid of the menu.

3)Very minor. When you bestow a castle on yourself your companion refers to you as 'number of troops killed' Has happened 3 times.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198011744989/screenshot/613847892752312835?

SergeantEpson said:
2)During a battle when issuing commands with the F1-F9 keys part of the box won't disappear. That is, once I've issued the order boxes F4-F9 stay there (with the commands associated with them). They aren't functional though, I've already given the command but the graphic just stays on the screen. This only happens on orders which have more than five (up to F5) options. They only disappear when I issue a new order.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198011744989/screenshot/613847892752306222?
I cannot believe that after the year (or just short of a year) I've been using this code structure in PBOD and Floris that this is the first time anyone has ever mentioned this...and that I never noticed myself. Thanks for pointing it out. An easy oversight to correct.

EDIT - err...I thought you were describing something else. The only way this hangs up like you demonstrate (for me at least) is if you hit the "Esc" key to cancel issuing orders. The game, for who knows what reason, won't let me track if you hit the "esc" key while in battle, so I cannot force the extra orders to disappear. Hit the F9 key and they should go.

KLaupS ChamasK said:
Errors.. Installed of Patch.
hata.png

Please head to the support sticky, share your system specs, your rgl log, etc. Your problem could be caused by a corrupted download, so it might also be a good idea to redownload the pack/patch and reinstall them.

Back
Top Bottom