Floris 2.5 Beta // Last Beta Round

Users who are viewing this thread

And the financial report will list accumulated money under assets. So just check there to see if its worth going to a town.

Now getting the failed mission warning for not attending the tournaments as notifed by the messenger. This causes problems with Marnid. Is this working as intended?

Could have sworn this was dealt with, I got the red text bit going into reports->view party reports->view character and companions reports

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2332: Invalid Troop ID: -1; LINE NO:52:
At script: generate_extended_troop_relation_information_string.
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 520: Invalid Troop ID: -1; LINE NO: 1:
At script: troop_get_player_relation.
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 520: Invalid Troop ID: -1; LINE NO: 2:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007393249/screenshot/613847892695482344

Are you using a savegame?

SirNitram said:
I think she dislikes failing missions in general and complains if you do  :???:
Mhm that seems like a nasty sideeffect. We will see what we can do.

teakle said:
Now getting the failed mission warning for not attending the tournaments as notifed by the messenger. This causes problems with Marnid. Is this working as intended?
I suppose it is by game design, but that was not really my intention.  I often run with the complaints disabled and didn't catch this one.  You can disable the automatic quests in the tournament system settings menu under camp if they are undesired for now.

Edit: This is now fixed for the next version.  You'll still fail the quest, but like many other quests when failed, companions will not take notice of it.

Excellent. Thanks for that.
Windyplains said:
teakle said:
I suppose it is by game design, but that was not really my intention.  I often run with the complaints disabled and didn't catch this one.  You can disable the automatic quests in the tournament system settings menu under camp if they are undesired for now.

The AI only seems to be attacking towns in my new game, I haven't seen a single castle change hands yet three or four cities have switched back and forth multiple time, suppose I'm about 40 days ingame or so.

This makes it rather hard to get started as an independant kingdom, especially as a large part of the new castle models are quite frankly incredibly poorly designed and almost impossible to attack. I mean, I get that castles were created to be hard to invade, but that's why you build ladders or a siege tower *rather* than seeing an open door on the side and going "Oh, this must be a nice entrance, I bet that building what the enemy constructed and left open for us won't be suicidal to attack at all".

That said, I'm not really sure poor assembly that leaves pathfinding broken, bugged or excruciatingly inefficient can really be accredited to "clever" building. Don't suppose there's a simple way of changing the models back to native is there? Say something as simple as copy/paste with castles?

Less critical but also nice, would be if I could be using the old tournament grounds rather than the new ones. I love the new tournament system but the arenas are far more like some american gladiator show than a medieval tournament feel and it bugs me a little.

Other than that, bloody fantastic work on the mod, I can't say I enjoy playing on the native map much (crikey I hate the map they made us for warband), but your mod almost makes it livable.

El-Diablito said:
Less critical but also nice, would be if I could be using the old tournament grounds rather than the new ones. I love the new tournament system but the arenas are far more like some american gladiator show than a medieval tournament feel and it bugs me a little.
This is an easy fix you can accomplish on your side.  Replace the arena files in your "SceneObj" folder with their native versions.  Their are labeled "scn_town_#_arena.sco" with # relating to each specific town.

Thanks windy, I tried just replacing the entire folder to fix the alternate castle/town models for sieges etc and it *kind of* worked. Except now besieged soldiers rush out to attack the attackers rather than wait behind the walls.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

El-Diablito said:
Put back the Floris 2.5 files would be the most ideal.  I knew switching the arenas out wouldn't cause trouble, but I am not sure off hand what broke as a result of changing out the town files.  I'm not terribly versed in scene editing.

Windyplains said:
El-Diablito said:
Put back the Floris 2.5 files would be the most ideal.  I knew switching the arenas out wouldn't cause trouble, but I am not sure off hand what broke as a result of changing out the town files.  I'm not terribly versed in scene editing.

I could live with the old arena files, but the new castle scenes ruin the game for me. Like I said, nobody fights over castles only towns, so it's hard enough to begin with to take them. It becomes harder (and almost impossible without cheating) when you factor in castle scenes that were clearly designed with apperances in mind over function. A large amount of these new castle scenes are quite frankly, terrible in terms of path-finding an how you go about the assault.

For one thing, you're "laying siege" to castles, yet in several scenes there is no siege equipment involved, you simply run up an open door the attacker has apparantly left for you (how could that be a bad idea) rather than put a damn ladder or siege tower up.

There's a problem with a lot of mods that the modders themselves either don't seem to play their mods or just don't properly test/balance their mod, this in my opinion is one such case (with the castle scenes).

Some of the castle scenes players have made for MnB are amazing, and they all look very good, but a large portion of them are, let's be honest, bloody horrible to interact with and frequently the siege portion is designed in an amazingly unrealistic way.

I know this is a compilation and I may be ranting about something that no one here has anything to do with, all I really need is someone better at modding than me to give me a couple of tips on how I can swap back to native castle/siege scenes (or something more balanced than what is currently included) if that is possible for someone without extensive modding knowledge.

El-Diablito said:
A large amount of these new castle scenes are quite frankly, terrible in terms of path-finding an how you go about the assault.

What castles do have wrong paths? And do you have screenshots of troops running into walls / running the wrong way? For if the AI pathfinding meshes are screwed up in some scenes, I'd like to know about it. And of course know whát scenes have wrong AI paths.

El-Diablito said:
For one thing, you're "laying siege" to castles, yet in several scenes there is no siege equipment involved, you simply run up an open door the attacker has apparantly left for you (how could that be a bad idea) rather than put a damn ladder or siege tower up.

It would be of more help if you'd name the castles you mean: that way I can quickly go to these castles instead of having to go through all 48 of them.

El-Diablito said:
There's a problem with a lot of mods that the modders themselves either don't seem to play their mods or just don't properly test/balance their mod, this in my opinion is one such case (with the castle scenes).

If you call two months of closed beta testing with a dozen testers plus one and a half month of open beta testing with over a thousand downloads, three patches and quite a lot of bug reports not a proper test, I'm curious to what you do call proper testing, for I don't know how I can improve on that.

El-Diablito said:
Some of the castle scenes players have made for MnB are amazing, and they all look very good, but a large portion of them are, let's be honest, bloody horrible to interact with and frequently the siege portion is designed in an amazingly unrealistic way.

I know this is a compilation and I may be ranting about something that no one here has anything to do with,

Only Tevarin castle has been made by me (and since I only recently read how to make the siege ladders work, I'm adding that for the final release), the rest of the new castles are from these mods:
I'm curious, are you going to post your complaint about these scenes in their topics too? Else they might not hear about this. And if you have alternatives, I'd love to know them: it's always good to get more scenes.

El-Diablito said:
all I really need is someone better at modding than me to give me a couple of tips on how I can swap back to native castle/siege scenes (or something more balanced than what is currently included) if that is possible for someone without extensive modding knowledge.

There are two things you must do when exchanging the castle scenes for the native ones:
1) Replace the scenes you don't like with the Native ones. When you know the name of the castle, you can look at this post I made to check what scene number corresponds to the castle you want to replace. For example, Tevarin Castle has number 23. When you know the number, you'll see that there are three scenes: exterior (the outside of the castle), interior (the lord's hall) and prison (the inside of the prison). You'll obviously want to replace the exterior, so in Tevarin's case you want to replace scn_castle_23_exterior.sco by its native equivalent.
2) Then open scenes.txt from both Native and from the mod. Search for 'scn_castle_23_exterior'. In the Floris textfile you'll find:
Code:
scn_castle_23_exterior castle_23_exterior 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -0.500000 0x00000000300005000005ad6b00000ac2000029d300001217 
 outer_terrain_beach
In the native textfile you'll find:
Code:
scn_castle_23_exterior castle_23_exterior 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000002300658bc0007bded000025520000093800006114 
 outer_terrain_plain
Replace the Floris lines by the Native ones and save your textfile. Now you've fully replaced the Floris castle scene with the Native one (or form any other mod).

I hope this helps.

I'm not saying Floris is poorly tested and balanced, but floris isn't a mod made primarily by your team, it's a compilation of a ton of mods, some of which are very good, others of which could definately have done with some more work, I'm talking about mods in general, Floris should if anything be an example to other modders of how to do things.

As for the pathfinding, it works'ish, it's just that it's often incredibly inefficient and highly suicidal due to where the AI chooses to attack these castles. I mean, several of the new models skip *any* siege portion, it's just "Oh hey, the enemy *opened a door* for us, let's just use that instead of these ladders we built, I'm sure it'll be a great way to attack that must be why they're encouraging it".

I removed all the new castle scenes, and I'm not sure if I'll have time to put them back and test for a while work keeps me fairly busy but I'll see what I can do.

I think the easiest solution might just be to put up an optional patch that reverts to native scenes though, there are (and I will never understand why) people who actually *like* these new scenes despite the lowering of AI iq they cause.

Small typo in character creation screen:
http://tinypic.com/r/124eq07/5

Typo in soldier name? (the A4 part)
http://tinypic.com/r/4ke7np/5

Really enjoying the mod, keep up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom