Resolved Floating weapon parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: when crafting 1or2H sword. if you increase the length of blade, will make the crafted sowrd's blade floating out of guard. not happen if craft the sword with default length or shorten.
How to Reproduce: just craft 1or2H sword and increase blade length.
Have you used cheats and if so which:no
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):

Computer Specs:
GPU:Radeon RX580
GPU Driver Version: 22.2.3
CPU:Ryzen5 3600
RAM:16gb
Motherboard:cant remember
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):HDD

Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
this bug's really really old, since the beginning of EA it has been an ongoing issue, when can we look forward to it being resolved? It's one of the reasons I find crafting swords (and some other weapons) pretty much abominable.

As the issue still persists, wanted to add on it that before the hotfix that was implemented on 22/07/2022 earlier version of beta 1.8.0 was working fine regarding this issue.The crafted weapon's blade parts were scaling correctly if the blade's length increased and didn't float but the hotfix patch that was implemented seems to have caused this bug.

This issue arises when you play with the length of the blade. Leaving it as default doesn't trigger the floating blade bug. It also seems to be happening with late tier vlandian blades (petal arming sword blade). Either don't use those blades or don't tweak the length and the blade will show up fine.

This issue arises when you play with the length of the blade. Leaving it as default doesn't trigger the floating blade bug. It also seems to be happening with late tier vlandian blades (petal arming sword blade). Either don't use those blades or don't tweak the length and the blade will show up fine.
Yeah, don't do the thing that maximizes the damage of the blade and is the entire point of smithing your own gear. GREAT work around.

The bug is indeed present in the current full game release. I just came back to this game for the full release and there are multitude of new graphical glitches welcoming me. Other than this bug, I get the outline bug (unit and object outlines are misplaced all over the screen.) and a glitch where the game resolution goes fully bonkers and is restricted to a small part of the screen, accompanied with a light show. I'll take screens of the latter glitch, as I didn't notice other reports.

The issue is that the blade of the sword doesn't stretch nor shrink. If you make the blade shorter the blade just moves towards the hilt and if you make it longer it just moves further away from the hilt.

The bug seems to also happen to other 2h weapon types. It did the same multiple times when crafting 2h maces. The mace head will just float a couple inches away from the shaft.

Back
Top Bottom