Fixing the campaign gameplay one mod at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

DennyWiseau

Veteran
The campaign experience atm is extremely repetetive and quickly become very dull because there simply isent a variety of interesting things to do, especially in peace times. Taleworlds emphasis seem to be on creating an enjoyable battle simulater, unfortunaltly the campaign gameplay feels very neglegted and barebones as a result. This might change with launch (doubt it) but luckily there are plenty of mods/authors attempting to alleviate the lack campaign features.

kz14365 is slowly but steadily trying to solve this problem by implementing interesting features into the game one mod at a time. Agriculture Estate is a very good example of this because of the inherent depth it brings to the (non)exisiting gameplay of villages, eg buying up land and gathering prisoners (slaves) to work in the field for profits, thereby causing you to actually give a **** about lords looting villages you have invested in. Another great mod is Better Player Kingdom which gives you more control over your kingdom allowing you to create vassals and establish personal royal guard troop trees. These are just a couple of expamples from a single mod author, but there is and abundance of mods specifiaclly created to enhance the campaign gameplay because Taleworld havent gotten to it yet or just wont.

Wow, the agricultural estate mod is genius. I've been wanting to see a reason to care about villages for so long. Just need a reason to actually walk through them and visit them now.

Agriculture Estate has the wonderful side effect of massively reducing the common starvation problems. Set the estate to auto-sell and more food makes it to the town/castle.

Wow, the agricultural estate mod is genius. I've been wanting to see a reason to care about villages for so long. Just need a reason to actually walk through them and visit them now.

Do you remember Custom Settlements mod for Mount and Blade? If you spent time in your Villages it would grow and all kinds of dynamic things would happen. Surprised TW didnt borrow from this idea

It needs like 30 more mods as a minimum for it to be tolerable. Maybe my tastes are to extreme levels?

Edit: bad habit of not reading threads thoroughly.

Yes, I have seen kz14365 and his mods. Very good stuff, I've already added him to my personal list of "Mod Authors Who Make Brilliant Mods", and which priority when I look for new mods. I'm glad he's also working on a Freelancer template.

Last edited:
That agriculture mod will add a lot of interest to villages.

There are a ton of other game changing alterations and or additions for Bannerlord on Nexus, too. Hopefully the mods keep flowing in. We need them. ?

Back
Top Bottom