Fixing screen tearing without VSync?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hail,

I recently upgraded from my 17" CRT dell E711P monitor (1024 x 76:cool: to the 23" Samsung S23A700D 120hz (1920x1080) monitor and I'm now encountering screen tearing with the new Samsung monitor.

I've fiddled around with the graphical settings without any success and I don't want to enable the bastard child that is Vsync so I'm wondering if anyone here has managed to fix screen tearing without enabling vsync? (If that's even possible)

krbCp.png
screenshot of my warband settings. (Graphics quality is set on low)

Computer specs:
CPU:  i5 2400
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3-B3
RAM: 4GB
PSU: Antec 450W Neo ECO
Graphics card: XFX HD6850

Force what's known as 'triple buffering' through your video card's driver's setup utility for this game's profile.  Unfortunately I'm not familiar with how the ATI catalyst software handles such things.  As an aside, can I ask why you think vsync is a bad thing?

Simply set your framerate cap to something other than 120fps (like 100, 125 etc) if you got a 120hz monitor (and you do). Tearing happens the most when the screen refresh rate and fps are close to each other WITHOUT vsync.

kaleena said:
Simply set your framerate cap to something other than 120fps (like 100, 125 etc) if you got a 120hz monitor (and you do). Tearing happens the most when the screen refresh rate and fps are close to each other WITHOUT vsync.

Yes, and I confirm it working.

Back
Top Bottom