Fix the legionnaire class

Users who are viewing this thread

Heavy armor on the legionary is SO bad. The spatha has to be the worst weapon in the game rn. Make the heavy axe or long spatha base with heavy armor and replace the axe perk with the paramerion. **** the spatha is such a meme that the length is the same as the base sword on the recruit and it’s perk is named “long sword”

Last edited:
Bring pila back and remove it from recruit, give recruit heavier armor perk instead, simple as
All heavy infantry should also have unique, unavailable to other classes weapons, simple spatha should be upgraded to smh like spathion from SP with better stats

Bring pila back and remove it from recruit, give recruit heavier armor perk instead, simple as
All heavy infantry should also have unique, unavailable to other classes weapons, simple spatha should be upgraded to smh like spathion from SP with better stats

I miss when I could choose Improved Armor and Pila and drop my sword and spam my heavy axe.
Honestly any change will do, legionnaire is such a underwhelming class and by far the worst heavy inf out of 5. Not worth the 160 gold imo

My take:

Left perks: Pila, Better armor, Better sword (Long Spathion or even Paramerion)
Right perks: Axe, Mace, Better shield

Legionnaire bastard sword is completely useless IMO, and its out of class gimmickery
And Pila beats Long spear aganist everything in every possible way

Legionnaire bastard sword is completely useless IMO, and its out of class gimmickery
And Pila beats Long spear aganist everything in every possible way
I actually dislike the bastard perks on all of the heavy inf. Take this from someone who queues both captain and skirm:

In cpt mode the AI get's ****ed with bastards as they don't use them, but most new players don't know this. I feel like I type this in chat every captain game.

And in skirm, while they are good, I feel like they replace the 2h inf at their job. The bastards are a bit weaker 2hs, but on a lot more armored units. In addition they have a shield to switch to if arrows come their way. The gold difference for this massive upgrade is at most 30g.

This is unbalanced in both modes and should be reverted back.

I like playing as legionary and I pretty much agree on the Spatha. I wouldnt call it garbage or something but its not exactly good either. I think the biggest problem is that both the Vlandian sergeant and the Batannian Oathsworn have weapons that are at least 15 units longer. Both are also faster and damage is all roughly the same. But more length and better speed gives the Legionary overall a disadvantage.

That said against those classes I generally try to have a mace on me, but I generally play Skirmish where the teams are smaller. So seeing what classes you are facing is easier. In sieges or captain mode I dont see that weapon choice to be so easily made and you have to weight your options more.

I like the bastard sword though as it gives me a 2 hander option. Against shock infantry with 2 handers I find 1 hander with shields are to slow and geneerally only results in me unequipping my shield for speed boost so having a 2 hander on you can be a good option in those cases. But both are in the 1st slot so you cant do both that and counter HA. Against HA the bastard sword is just not that good.

What I mostly miss though is the Pila. Even though you only get one, its basicly the staple of the Legionary. Why is it missing?

Sorry for double post but just read your post. Reading that about the pila actually made me double back and look at the option. Pila on recruit indeed. What the heck? Its also not replacing anything.... I reckon they could best have the left hand perks be tied to throwing weapons but not giving you 1 set of javelins alongside that. It seems a little bit like an anomaly to me. You can take extra for 6, better for 3 ones with better javelins (but replacing the original set) or take 3 javelins AND a Pila.... Other 2 options are basicly 'in addition of' 1 set of javelins. The better javelins are the only one that actually outright replace something here.

Maybe they should replace the Pila option with a spear (which its currently lacking from the class atm) but make it so that you cant have 2 different forms of throwing weapons because thats just weird. So your options would be 6 throwing weapons, a spear or 3 better throwing weapons. It would leave the class still better armed then other 'peasant' classes but that in itself isent to OP imo.
-edit-
btw wouldnt these things be better posted in the 'classes' section here or is posting it here also fine?

Legionary is a joke, it's embarassing how they manage perks on all heavy infantry classes.
-edit-
btw wouldnt these things be better posted in the 'classes' section here or is posting it here also fine?
Doesn't change anything, many things have been pointed out there and many things have been ignored.
Posting it here gives it more visibility so i'd personally say it's better.

Back
Top Bottom