fix the kicking hitbox

Users who are viewing this thread

Kicks are hard enough to hit. Even balanced I would say. I mean warband vets cant even "abuse" them but say they are OP. They cant abuse them cuz kicking is hard. I even stopped kicking in clanwar fights since I dont think its worth the risk.
But narmin is right sometimes it looks weird how they connect or dont connect.
i can’t abuse them because i have 60-70 hours in bannerlord MP and only recently learnt the timing when jufasto showed me how to do it. the fact i, or other similar warband players, don’t or can’t do them because we haven’t played a lot of bannerlord has absolutely no bearing on whether kicks are OP or not.

the fact i played a lot of warband does mean that I’m constantly drawing comparisons between bannerlord and warband, one of which is how much more difficult it is to punish reckless kicking in this game. i also dislike how you have to re-input your attack direction after the kick lands, rather than the pre-kick input being remembered like in warband. kick speed is also much faster than in warband so they cannot be reactively dodged, only pre-emptively dodged or anticipated. the way it accelerates the swings after the kick lands also makes it more difficult for teammates to intervene and attack the person who kicked. adjustable character height gives some players huge reach with their kicks, rather than standardised range as in warband. the recovery time after kicking, especially while the player has a shield, is dramatically faster than in warband and much more difficult to punish.

these are comparisons which you probably are not making while you play, but for me everytime i see or use a kick i am reminded of how much more balanced the mechanic is in warband

Kicks are hard enough to hit. Even balanced I would say. I mean warband vets cant even "abuse" them but say they are OP. They cant abuse them cuz kicking is hard. I even stopped kicking in clanwar fights since I dont think its worth the risk.
Kicks aren't hard to hit (how can they be when effectively instant?) The reason they have dropped off is because everyone is playing higher speed troops and nobody engages properly in melee, instead kiting is the norm and the sloppy combat movement takes priority.

In the rare moments two heavy infantry show up, or two melee players actually decide to try to trade hits for more than 2 seconds, kicks are still thrown out speculatively and go unpunished, with other inf naturally knowing to keep their distance realising they actually have tried to melee (fools) and so made themselves vulnerable e.g.

BTW I picked those completely haphazardly, starting the video up where I'd left off and within 5 mins found 2 examples.

Kicks are very easy to land and i didn't even do them in warband at all because of the massive risk.

The only reason i can't put a hit is because the game has 0IQ mechanics and doesn't actually want you to swing your sword as fast as possible, but time it right on some sh!tty frame, and then call it a "feature"

kick speed is also much faster than in warband so they cannot be reactively dodged, only pre-emptively dodged or anticipated. the way it accelerates the swings after the kick lands also makes it more difficult for teammates to intervene and attack the person who kicked. adjustable character
Yes and all of this makes kicking a part of combat where in warband kicking was kind of a meme mechanic. And I like that.
In the rare moments two heavy infantry show up, or two melee players actually decide to try to trade hits for more than 2 seconds, kicks are still thrown out speculatively and go unpunished
You call it unpunished but failkicking in a 2v1 for example gives the opponent the opportunity to escape while you open yourself to cav and archers. Look how Hairless threw the whole fight because of his failed kicks on your second timestamps.

And thats why I personally slowly stopped kicking after they nerfed it 1.5. This kick speculating has a negativ EV in my opinion.

He didn't throw the fight cos of kicking, he just got backstabbed later on. If anything the mistake was going back into melee when he was free from combat and could have focused cav. His kick helped this as it forced the opponent to move away from him.

You're right it has a negative impact in that it can lose your pressure, but the strength of kicks negates most pressure anyway since you inherently have to keep your distance, so it's not like Hairless would have been facehugging without that brief attempt at a kick, he'd have been keeping his opponent at the maximum melee distance since it's a mistake to get extremely close to your opponent. Fact remains kicks are still consistently used and are pushing the meta in exactly the direction I predicted.

The rate of kicking has decreased recently because at this point the threat of a kick is so deeply ingrained in most players' heads that they instinctively play the reach game and s key every engagement. As others have already pointed out, we are now fully in the timid meta.

The only thing that needs to be done is fixing the block while kicking. In shield inf it's not that OP but in 1h it really is stupid. With it connecting, it's generally a server-side problem.

Kick system is very OP now.

When a person approaches me to kick, I get kicked even when I move back.

It's called "forward kick."

Does that make sense?

Currently, the kick system needs to be nuff.

can't avoid kicking.

Back
Top Bottom