fix the kicking hitbox

Users who are viewing this thread

Narmin

Sergeant at Arms
Hi, a veteran mount and blade player (since 2010)

The current state of hitboxes needs to be tuned, especially for the range on kicks.
I attached 1 example out of 1,000 kicks I have experienced with people running up on you full speed and throwing a donkey length kick that will reach you.
The game has turned into a kickboxing match, where there is an average of 50 kicks thrown in every scrim fight.

63cdd93b6fac8ce57851f158e73b7eda.gif

I want to know what everyone else thinks.

Lol my kicks phase through ppl sometimes, also had a match where an enemy had there back turned to me and the legs whipped around and kicked me then got hit with a phantom swing. I’m sure his is just me **** West coast ping but in general something has to be done with kicks, it’s the new crushed through (think taking away the ability to block during a kick would help) but over all hit boxes on nearly every is bad especially when it comes to cav rider having there small ass shield blocking the whole horse imo

You can see he is moving left so it should be a left kick, so it's not the server showing the wrong leg as others have theorised.

Kicks need slowed down regardless.

he kicked left, I moved left (which means I moved the opposite direction to prevent the kick from landing) by all laws of physics that shouldn't have landed.

Not sure if you are referencing him using his left foot cause I think that's the only kick direction, correct me if I'm wrong.

Nah if you move right you kick with your right foot due to the stance system. Some people in another thread were wondering if this was causing these issues but doesn't seem the case.

I suppose you don't know that for some reason the kick hitbox is centered on your character, ie. the kick you see isn't actually what happens, and instead imagine it was your characters cock reaching out for a **** punt. This is why :

Lol my kicks phase through ppl sometimes

It's stupid until you realise it's probably better off this way than being matched up to the kicks actually being thrown out because I still don't think anyone can say with certainty what stance they are in 9/10 times. Imagine thinking your in a perfect spot to throw a kick out on your left and it does a right kick because you moved slightly to the right.

Just went and tested this on the wooden post in the middle of the duel server and actually for some reason the left kick has a massive hitbox compared to right kick?

Just had some clanmates confirm it wasn't just me.

Hi, a veteran mount and blade player (since 2010)

The current state of hitboxes needs to be tuned, especially for the range on kicks.
I attached 1 example out of 1,000 kicks I have experienced with people running up on you full speed and throwing a donkey length kick that will reach you.
The game has turned into a kickboxing match, where there is an average of 50 kicks thrown in every scrim fight.

63cdd93b6fac8ce57851f158e73b7eda.gif

If you want to live delete the post, delete the evidence because some clans makes their live this way. They already waiting buff for infantry not nerf for kick!

Btw how were we doing left kick? if left kick has a massive hitbox i should learn it if its true?
But seriously dont nerf the kick just fix the server sync problems. Kick is fine.

There was a poll asking people about this, but the results got skewed by Captains players voting "no", since it doesn't affect their mode as much (bots never kick), and they'd probably rather have the developers spend time on things other than fine-tuning the combat.

There was a poll asking people about this, but the results got skewed by Captains players voting "no", since it doesn't affect their mode as much (bots never kick), and they'd probably rather have the developers spend time on things other than fine-tuning the combat.
What poll are you talking about? Not many captain players go on the forums so I doubt they would have had much effect on the results. From watching some EU skirmish matches it is clear that they would have the most issue on nerfing the kick.

Essentially it is the same thing now, there are more important issues to work on as we speak. Kicking might need some minor tweaks but I think it will take TW a lot of time (ESPECIALLY if the kicking animations need to be redone lol). Better focus on what is more important now.

Essentially it is the same thing now, there are more important issues to work on as we speak. Kicking might need some minor tweaks but I think it will take TW a lot of time (ESPECIALLY if the kicking animations need to be redone lol). Better focus on what is more important now.
#Inflivesmatter
The way kicking works now is incredibly frustrating to deal with. Oh I'm definitly to the side of this guy BOOM kicked and slashed.
Nothing is more important than fixing the way infantry works in this game, its by far the biggest issue the game has. I dont even think kicking is the biggest issues infantry has, but its a start.

It is not likely the range as much as the servers not being super accurate in representing players properly. I saw players complain about the same problem when on my screen I the kick was not that bad at all. I think it is a byproduct of packet loss or higher ping but we really can't tell unless devs talk more about kicks in general.

With kicks especially it is very low-risk regardless. Kicking only gives an advantage and rarely has any disadvantages if you mess up you can just block while still being in the animation of kicking.

What poll are you talking about? Not many captain players go on the forums so I doubt they would have had much effect on the results. From watching some EU skirmish matches it is clear that they would have the most issue on nerfing the kick.
Captain mode players are like vegans they announce they are captain mode players

whatever the incentive is, the way taleworld is headed they are going to lose a lot of veteran players. the game now revolves around dashing to someone and spam kicking them.
You can argue that it’s avoidable by holding s key till your thumb turns red, but the way my ego is set up the last thing I would do is show the slightest hint that I’m getting pressured.

Back
Top Bottom