Fix of the food not giving morale bug

Users who are viewing this thread

Bellum said:
Realistically speaking, food variety helps intestinal peristaltics and gastric evacuation, but it doesn't influence morale that much.
A bigger problem is that succesfull sieges don't increase morale, or even lower it if the PC falls unconscious.

Eating the same thing every day for a long period of time really sucks.

Think about the romans who carried their wheat all over europe and made the same damn bread to eat everyday. Only variations was rat meat and other small animals. If they werent carefull about their salt things could start to "really suck"

I have edited the horses to run 2 points faster.. Il check the item editor if the food is messed up..

EDIT**'Everythings fine

Bellum said:
An annoyance maybe.
Remember they are the men of war, not of leisure. They're suppose to eat **** and die.

Manitas said:
Bellum said:
An annoyance maybe.
Remember they are the men of war, not of leisure. They're suppose to eat **** and die.
As someone who's spent some time as a "man of war", believe me when I say that that sort of attitude in your superiors is not good for morale.

I think you've proved the point nicely.

Well maybe now adays, but for 600 - 800 years ago the soldiers didnt have much beside grain to choose from.. Thing is there wasnt much else food that could be produced enough to feed a whole army...

Rhedd said:
As someone who's spent some time as a "man of war", believe me when I say that that sort of attitude in your superiors is not good for morale.
Modern army is somewhat a different pair of shoes.
Anyway, their unhealthy diet wasn't because of their superiors' attitude, but rather because of general circumstances - distance, supply lines cut off etc..
Often it happened that they had to eat their dead or rats for weeks.

And remember, before they invented effective food preservation, their food usually stank anyway. Ever heard of meat stripes kept under a saddle? (horse sweat was supposed to preserve it)
Food variety is a fairly recent invention.

The amount of morale gained for the various food types has increased.  This offsets the fact that Ale and Wine no longer give morale bonuses.  Food boosts morale more than it used to.

Togakure said:
The amount of morale gained for the various food types has increased.  This offsets the fact that Ale and Wine no longer give morale bonuses.  Food boosts morale more than it used to.

really? thats nice to hear! Hope someone has a solution for my problem soon so i can enjoy this

Togakure said:

Yeah. Honey is now like 8 instead of 5....same with butter
Apples are 5 instead of 2-3 i think...it's ok. But i never really used wine or ale. :razz:

I must admit I'm curious about the suggestive themes.  I haven't seen anything even remotely suggestive besides the fact that there are women in the game.

maybe they mean the quest where you're a lady's champion - she says the lord told people that she sleeps with stable boys or something.

Or perhaps it's due to the fact that you can undress girls (up to a point anyway, we need a Better Bodies mod for M&B :razz:).

pesja said:
Bellum said:
Realistically speaking, food variety helps intestinal peristaltics and gastric evacuation, but it doesn't influence morale that much.
A bigger problem is that succesfull sieges don't increase morale, or even lower it if the PC falls unconscious.

Think about the romans who carried their wheat all over europe and made the same damn bread to eat everyday. Only variations was rat meat and other small animals. If they werent carefull about their salt things could start to "really suck"

I have edited the horses to run 2 points faster.. Il check the item editor if the food is messed up..

EDIT**'Everythings fine

Aren't the romans kind of the exception to the rule, as they'd get pissy if they didn't have their wheat ration though if they only had their wheat ration they'd still be happy?

RayvenQ said:
pesja said:
Bellum said:

EDIT**'Everythings fine

Aren't the romans kind of the exception to the rule, as they'd get pissy if they didn't have their wheat ration though if they only had their wheat ration they'd still be happy?

Well who wouldnt be pissy if they settled with just eating grain for some years and then someone took away that too..
I dont think theres any army that would be happy about their grain being taken away.. I just used the romans as an example because with them i know they carried a whole lot of stuff with them using Marius Mules.. I think the total was around 40 - 50 kg worth of baggage per man.. Each soldier carrying stakes for a pallisade, digging tools, a bag of grain, weapons and such..

what you talking about? the topic was about the bug that occured to me so that food doesnt give morale! But hell yeah give us back our ale!!! Not just the children ale, we want the magic ale!

wait wait... you cant give your party beer and wine, but you can buy the whole damn town a round?!

Also, why is it that when you win a battle the opposing side never has any food? Are the looters the only ones that eat anything in all of calradia?!
I think at this point I spend more money on food for the army than on their wages!

pesja said:

EDIT**'Everythings fine
OK, but the point here is that you've edited the items list by editing the horses. It's possible that the (unofficial) item editor saved something else incorrectly related to the food items which is causing your problem. It's a single file which it edits.
Perhaps you should try it with an unedited items file?

Sibilance said:
This is all getting horrendously off-topic, but the point is we need our damn beer and wine back on tap pronto. Thank you, and have a great day.

And then if you got a mission to take Beer or Wine to another city, unless your men either didn't touch it or you had spares, you wouldn't be able to complete it.

Would have been nice if there were two types of food and drink, Goods, that don't get eaten or drunk (as in you're transporting them to be sold somewhere else) and consumables which give the bonus and are eaten/drunk

There was two different Ale and Wine items in .960. The one for the quests wasn't consumable and gave no moral bonus. Don't worry, it'll be trivial to mod back in.

pesja said:
No obviously im the only one having this problem..

Check out these screens

You get my drift? If im not constantly fighting im dropping morale.. I know its a fighting game, but common
I've bought food to increase morale, and, if I'm remembering correctly, the increase did not occur until the next day.  Just prior to your screenies, did you run out of food and then buy a bunch?

Back
Top Bottom