Fix for some crashes... NOT A BUG THREAD - READ 1st POST

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
KinGLawls said:
this mod laggs like hell even if i have it on low, if i play the other one it plays no problem on high settings :?:
go find yourself a complaints thread, this one's title doesn't even sound like anything similar to your problem. what's the matter with you?
and if you want answers then how about you give us your computer specs. but NOT HERE. this thread is about a fix for CRASHES, not boosting your overall performance.

Tei said:
KinGLawls said:
this mod laggs like hell even if i have it on low, if i play the other one it plays no problem on high settings :?:
go find yourself a complaints thread, this one's title doesn't even sound like anything similar to your problem. what's the matter with you?
and if you want answers then how about you give us your computer specs. but NOT HERE. this thread is about a fix for CRASHES, not boosting your overall performance.
ACPI Multiprocessors PC
AMD Athlon(tm)

64 x2 dual core processor 3800+ 2.01 GHz. 2.00 GB of Ram
500GB
ATI Radeon HD 5450
WindowsXp Service Pack3

now something weird when i was playing my files crashed

i reinstalled it didint work i restated my computer and it worked but now my letters are all fked up like alien looking letters

first off - i told you this isn't the right thread to drop me the specs but you did it anyway. this isn't a bug thread... however, you still aren't too precise - is this a 32bit edition of Windows XP?

secondly - you've never said if you have applied the fix from the first post. or maybe you did but i can't understand a thing from what you're saying - try using commas and periods, please.

last thing - you have a AMD - ATI Radeon setup... in other words - what did you expect? try using 10.6 drivers, may help.

if you're planning to reply then PM me - another off-topic post in here and i'm not gonna respond.

Tei said:
first off - i told you this isn't the right thread to drop me the specs but you did it anyway. this isn't a bug thread... however, you still aren't too precise - is this a 32bit edition of Windows XP?

secondly - you've never said if you have applied the fix from the first post. or maybe you did but i can't understand a thing from what you're saying - try using commas and periods, please.

last thing - you have a AMD - ATI Radeon setup... in other words - what did you expect? try using 10.6 drivers, may help.

if you're planning to reply then PM me - another off-topic post in here and i'm not gonna respond.

i would rather have you not to respond any more your annoying

[list type=decimal]
[*]i've told you that it's a wrong thread.
[*]i've told you where to go.
[*]i've told you not to give specs here (because it is a wrong thread for your issue).
[*]i've asked you not to create off-topic posts.
[*]i've asked you to use commas and periods so it's easier to read.
[/list]
did you listen at least once? no, you didn't. to the last post i was trying to help you, even after you dropped the screenshots and specification which pissed me off. and i'm fkn annoying? take a look in the mirror, jadrool.

dude, part of this board already hates you. you spam the **** out of threads, post by post... ever heard of the word "netiquette"? or maybe at least "edit"? "search" rings a bell?
moreover, i'm not the first person in here who tries to help you and gets you "annoyed" easily. if you're so smart then don't ask, find the answers by yourself. it's not like you need us or something.

you act like a child and like so you will be treated. it's not my fault. if you have any dignity then don't reply. don't make more mess than you already did. you've said yours, i've said mine. PM me if you wish to drag this subject.

i'm annoying... that's a good one. i'm going to pretend that it's a joke.

I thought I'd mention a program that helps optimize your OS and free up memory, basically turning your PC into a console. I know a lot of people use GameBooster but Alacrity PC is like GameBooster on steroids. Because of this it is much more difficult to use but worth the effort.

I have an old rig but when I use Alacrity to shut down all my peripheral processes and free up memory before launching I get pretty good results, cutting my processes from 32 to 19 and usually gaining about 5-15 FPS. This is on XP.

Also, it's always a good idea to disable unused ports and system components so they're not a drain on power and system memory. Proceed with caution on this stuff but it does help boot and response time.

I know you said this shouldn't be a "spec' thread but with careful optimization there's no reason anyone shouldn't be able to run MB on ultra settings with a 5 yr. old computer. I've got an Athlon 2800 from 2003, with 3GB DDR, an ancient MOBO with drivers from 2004, a 350 W Power Supply and an AGP card with non-certified drivers, and I can max the game out with a tolerable frame rate. Alacrity and other optimizations are what make that possible. You can find it here: http://alacritypc.kensalter.com/.

I know this reads like a paid advertisement but I just wanted to share something I picked up over at the Total War forums years ago.

Cheers, 

i should have figured out some time ago that sooner or later people will start spamming this thread.

this isn't a spec thread and has very little to do with system optimization or specification itself. the only thing that really matters is if you have 32bit system. this hasn't got much to do with services running in the background, opened ports etc.

i've already heard from few guys by PM that "the soft you (tei: me, in that case) recommended doesn't change the thing, i vote <no>". i'm not recommending any software because the fix on a normal gaming rig should be enough. by posting a miraculous info about a supposed life saving piece of program in thread's midway you're only making these dudes to not look at anything else. so why won't you guys stop confusing people?

first like to say thank you to the developers of this mod is by far the best in my opinion that I have played
I would like to point out a quick solution to a problem some of you fellow Vista 32-bit users might have encountered
deniedt.png

if you get denied access even though you are using the administrator user for your computer like shown above the solution is simple turn off user account control (UAC) then restart and you will have no problem after that

Hello, I have a problem:
My game always crashes in the intro scene where you are attacked by a bandit.
I haven't played the game since 0.95pre8. I reinstalled the game, installed the patch 1.131, then the mod (0.95pre10), started a new character (10 times) killed the bandit at the intro scene, and the game crrashed (always) with a standard error massage (mb_warband.exe has encountered...).
Anybody?
Pls help me solveing the problem...
Thx

funnytool said:
first like to say thank you to the developers of this mod is by far the best in my opinion that I have played
I would like to point out a quick solution to a problem some of you fellow Vista 32-bit users might have encountered
deniedt.png

if you get denied access even though you are using the administrator user for your computer like shown above the solution is simple turn off user account control (UAC) then restart and you will have no problem after that
yah, UAC can be a real pain in the ass. however, i think that any self respecting user will turn it off as soon as possible (it's irritating to be asked about running a program every time you actually try to run it). i'll add the step-by-step on disabling it later. thanks for the tip, funnytool.

sasek said:
Hello, I have a problem:
My game always crashes in the intro scene where you are attacked by a bandit.
I haven't played the game since 0.95pre8. I reinstalled the game, installed the patch 1.131, then the mod (0.95pre10), started a new character (10 times) killed the bandit at the intro scene, and the game crrashed (always) with a standard error massage (mb_warband.exe has encountered...).
Anybody?
Pls help me solveing the problem...
Thx
i assume that you tried using the fix in the first post.

it is a quite common issue. stroll around the bug thread - maybe there's a solution there. from my experience it was always about tweaked files (by "tweaked" i mean edited with MB Tweak utility). after reverting to normal it worked fine. or was it in native... i'm not sure.

what does your rgl_log.txt say? PM me with the answer, it goes a bit off-topic and it'll be a loooong post too :wink:

Hi guys. Saw this mod today and HAD to have it.

Sadly I'm patched past the patch that this game is on, and after playing 15 mins ( just enough to get my hopes up) I experienced a CTD....now I'm willing to go backwards for this game- but I'm not quite sure as to how... I'mn all patched up and have downloaded M/B via steam... if I uninstall and reinstall, its just going to bring me to the fully patched version, right?

Running 1.132 atm

Is there anyway I can download my mount and blade get it to the version this amazing mod uses?

Kudos in advance.

Hi.
First, sorry for my english if i make mistakes (and i will probably make a lot)
I installed the 1257ad mod this morning (latest version) and created a new character, after the intro's attack, i accept the quest from the merchant, took five serf with me and go to the tavern to continue the quest. but when i click to "enter the tavern" the game crashing and it give me this error : "get.object failed for mesh: skybox_clear_08"
I restarted the same thing a second time but it was exactly the same.
Is this bug is already happened or i'm really unlucky ? too bad, this mod seems really good.

edit : I saved the game before enter the tavern at the second try, and when i load this savegame, i can enter the tavern, it works. But the same error happen when i try to attack the stash of the bandits (same quest).

DUDES, seriously... you're killing me. read the first post and then you'll possibly know what is this thread about. it's not a bug thread, for sure.

skyboxes - i don't know this issue by myself but it has been already solved (as far as i know). check the bug thread. or just search the forums for "skybox_clear_08"

I need to thank you op,because this worked for me as well,before it would lag and crash all the time,now i can play game for hours and its running great. Kudos to you  :mrgreen:

a little solution for the lag/freeze at the beginning of a battle may be this one (works on my system (xp, core2duo 6600, 4850/512vram, 4gb ram) :razz:):
when the system goes beyond 2gb of ram using and at the beginning af a battle the game starts to lag, i change to desktop with alt+tab and then back to game, and the most time it works, even during the battle.

please guys i need help i was download new version 1.132 of 1257 ad mod ,,,,but my old save game isn't opened and  it show me this message "  load error invalid of item kinds 993" ,,,,,,,,,, can any one help me also i forget to tell you i have download a "  diplomacy " mod thanks

light commender said:
please guys i need help i was download new version 1.132 of 1257 ad mod ,,,,but my old save game isn't opened and  it show me this message "  load error invalid of item kinds 993" ,,,,,,,,,, can any one help me also i forget to tell you i have download a "  diplomacy " mod thanks
oh ffs... there is a sign, all caps, "NOT A BUG THREAD" and still that is not a clue for you to say "oops, i shouldn't post it in here"?

This is a thread to help out people who have problems with the FIX described in the FIRST POST, to answer their questions and eventually lead them in applying the workaround. period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom