Fix for some crashes... NOT A BUG THREAD - READ 1st POST

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I have this kid of problem :
When I'm doing this "in Command Prompt type "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2990" without quotes and press ENTER" when i press enter I have this messang :  Unable to open the boot configuration data store ,Access denied
Could you help me  :roll:

I'm administar and i have windows  Vista

Skate said:
Hello I have this kid of problem :
When I'm doing this "in Command Prompt type "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2990" without quotes and press ENTER" when i press enter I have this messang :  Unable to open the boot configuration data store ,Access denied
Could you help me  :roll:

I'm administar and i have windows  Vista
did you try going to Menu Start -> Programs -> Accessories, press RMB on Command Prompt and selecting Run as Administrator?

This fix seems to work... however, My laptop will reboot after 1 hour and the fan is extremely loud.Any ideas on how to stop this?

I have; 4GB of ram
2.3 GHz AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor ZM-84.
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 graphics

I currently have the 10.8 version of graphic drivers installed , the latest driver is 10.11.Should i update or will that cause more problems?

Archi the great said:
This fix seems to work... however, My laptop will reboot after 1 hour and the fan is extremely loud.Any ideas on how to stop this?

I have; 4GB of ram
2.3 GHz AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor ZM-84.
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 graphics

I currently have the 10.8 version of graphic drivers installed , the latest driver is 10.11.Should i update or will that cause more problems?
loud working fan is most likely a symptom of dust covering the fan in enough amounts to slow it down and to break the heat sinking feature. it gets inside the mechanism, creating torque and slowing down the spinning of the fan, so it does not perform as good in cooling the processor as it should. your laptop reboots because one of your processors (CPU or GPU) gets too hot - it is a built-in fail safe in any modern computer.
you could try cleaning the fan by using a can of condensed air. it's not a huge investment (few bucks/euros). however, it is possible that there was enough damage done to the mechanism that the only way to fix the issue is replacing the fan.

updating your drivers probably won't change the loud fan into a quieter one and you never know how will those drivers like the game - ati cards quite often have the tendency to work in strange ways. if everything is displayed correctly then don't update.

OK thanks very much for the reply, I had this problem a while back but prevented it by changing the power options to "max performance" and it worked for Arma 2 OA.But now the problem is back and I believe you are correct.Will get a can ASAP, thanks again.

I have a problem.
When I try to kill the bandits from the first quest, game go crash, i try twice and same. Can someone help me?
Its Microsoft visual error.
17088170.png

I'm Having a major problem here.

I have a HD 3850 SAPHIRE with the latest drivers.

So, here's the situation.

When i choose the nation i'll serve and costumize my char, it goes to the citadel right?

But, after 1 second of the image showing , the screen fades, being black or just random colors, and it just blocks the PC.

I tryed 3 times, always the same results, and i have the "tick" on the option you guys mentioned

But, i have the latest patch for M&B , is that the problem ?

i've also downloaded the music , the Pre10 and the last update , that is on sticky..

could you help me plz ?

EDIT :

well.. I've reinstalled the game and tryed the native, and it does the exact same problem!

WHen i arrive to the city (after i created my char), the pc just freezes with a black screen and they monitor just says "no signal" .

I've tryed other games and they function 100%. just this game. :\

ok, dudes Astacius and Champy - this isn't a bug thread and a short info indicating if you are using the fix or not are nowhere in your statements.

Ascatius - i don't know, take your problem to the proper section.
Champy - if the monitor says "no signal" then the problem may lay somewhere in your graphic card (no signal indicates that the g-card or the motherboard are not transmitting anything to the screen). try using older drivers.

Sorry if this is obvious or whatever, but do you have to do that fix/ undo it every time you play/ finish playing 1257, or is it a case of doing it once and everything being sorted?

Aenima said:
Sorry if this is obvious or whatever, but do you have to do that fix/ undo it every time you play/ finish playing 1257, or is it a case of doing it once and everything being sorted?
it applies all the time once you set it. the info on undoing it is for people who have problems with different games while using this fix (there have been some reports about it). so, as long as it's working for you, you don't have to turn it to the previous state every time you finish playing 1257. in my case it have sorted out problems with this mod, guild 2 with addons and haven't produced an error in any other piece of software (but i don't really play that much, so...)

othr said:
Tei rocks, he made many people happy :smile:
just because i'm jolly few times in a year doesn't mean that i don't make people's life miserable most of the time.
i'm a graphic designer - i throw office inventory at people. ever got hit in the head by a flying Razer DeathAdder (they look light, but when you spin it by the cable...)? no? then you must have been one of the good clients :wink:

naaah, ok. i'm jolly...

This works brilliantly. There is a longer lag/load before large battles, but that beats CTD so I don't care.
I have 2gb ram, 3ghz dual and nVidia gts250 and this trick saved my game :grin:

Getting this:
C:/Users/X/bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2990
The boot configuration data store could not be opened.
Acess is denied.

Got administration (W7 32bit)

Mtemtko said:
Getting this:
Acess is denied.

You get that message if you do NOT run it as an admin. I also run Windows as an admin, but I still had to do the following:

Start Menu->Programs->Accessories-> RIGHTCLICK on CMD, and hit "Run as Administrator". Now it will work :grin:

aguds said:
Mtemtko said:
Getting this:
Acess is denied.

You get that message if you do NOT run it as an admin. I also run Windows as an admin, but I still had to do the following:

Start Menu->Programs->Accessories-> RIGHTCLICK on CMD, and hit "Run as Administrator". Now it will work :grin:

Thanks,works flawlessly now  :grin:

Hi everyone and happy New year...So...i have those crashes too, every 10 mins of playing, I'm playing on older notebook, but it should handle the game, i have set the grafics to low, battle size so low, tried with direct X 7 but nothing helped, and i figure it out that this solution that Tei gave is for higher conf of comp than mine. Here are my conf.

Ati mobility radeon 9700 150MB
RAM 1.5GB
CPU 3.07GHz

Any help what should i try to fix crashes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom