Fix for some crashes... NOT A BUG THREAD - READ 1st POST

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows 7
32bit
2GB RAM
Tried all the alternatives in the tutorial, but when i start the game and choose a city to start, it crashes...

Ok i found my mistake. "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2990" instead i wrote bcedit forgat D letter :p. now working on my both 64 bit, 32 bit computers. i played this mod about a year ago and now there is huge progress good job all.

A simple question of convinience (cause i'm an ignorant in computer stuffs):

Intel Icore 5 2.67gh
Ram 8,00 GB
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370, 512 mb
Win 7 64 bits

Still, in the middle of a big battle some textures doesn't load completly at all and instad of weapons you see a basic polygon without textures. Also some icons in the map doesn't load sometimes.

So I thought about increasing VM, but I read in the first post that I can't set de value over 4 GB. My hard drive is formated in NTFS file system. Is it convinient for me to set a bigger VM value, considerating I have 8 GB of RAM?

Dr_stein85 said:

Intel Icore 5 2.67gh
Ram 8,00 GB
Win 7 64 bits

Still, in the middle of a big battle some textures doesn't load completly at all and instad of weapons you see a basic polygon without textures. Also some icons in the map doesn't load sometimes.

So I thought about increasing VM, but I read in the first post that I can't set de value over 4 GB. My hard drive is formated in NTFS file system. Is it convinient for me to set a bigger VM value, considerating I have 8 GB of RAM?

nah, there's really no point in adjusting VM in your case. won't make any difference and will take up free hard disk space.
the problem you described may be caused by:
a) faulty texture file, making it impossible to load (solution: redownload the file).
b) overheating GPU (this can often produce texture errors, among other visual problems). find some software to read the temperature of your graphic processor(s) and crosscheck it with the "should-be" temperatures on the internet.
c) driver incompatibility (if the problem doesn't occur in other games, that may be the case. HOWEVER it's still a long shot)

i'm kind of in the middle of something right now, so the list is quite short but try googling the problem, maybe you'll find something on your own.

Tei said:
Dr_stein85 said:

Intel Icore 5 2.67gh
Ram 8,00 GB
Win 7 64 bits

nah, there's really no point in adjusting VM in your case. won't make any difference and will take up free hard disk space.
a) faulty texture file, making it impossible to load (solution: redownload the file).
b) overheating GPU (this can often produce texture errors, among other visual problems). find some software to read the temperature of your graphic processor(s) and crosscheck it with the "should-be" temperatures on the internet.
c) driver incompatibility (if the problem doesn't occur in other games, that may be the case. HOWEVER it's still a long shot)

i'm kind of in the middle of something right now, so the list is quite short but try googling the problem, maybe you'll find something on your own.

Thanks for your answer Tei, as soon as I get rid of my examns I'll try the options you told me.

Hi,Thanks for this MOD! :grin:
Well i have the warband.exe problem.I'm in the day 170 in-game.
Had the CTD save problem.Solved by hitting f12.Everything fine.Now i changed faction -templars-
and before the battle crashes(It also CTD when walking to villages).Can't modify boot.ini though i had again tried succesfully for a TWar mod,now when i try to modify it and launch warb.exe says i need to try with
d3d.I tried it and nothing.I have read the first post and tons of other related,but nothing.
I changed graphics and direct-x to minimum(From 9 to 7).
4 gb ram
dual core 8400
4800 ati(I know,i know :oops:)
OP syst. win 32 xp home

Sorry for the double post.But i forgot,when in game i get some red
lines that say something like script:error unable...
does this has anything to do with the problem?
Edit:I'm a compelte idiot instead of 3GB /USERVA=2990 i put 3GB/USERVA=2990
Ok,i made partition using manager it is in ntfs form,and made the VM load from that partition.But now it lags terribly in every application.
It takes more than 20 minutes to load warband.
Don't know what to do:sad:

hmm... make sure you've turned off file compression and/or file indexing on this drive. the other reason may be that while reformatting the drive you may have set a too small or too big file allocation size. other than that - no idea.

AAAAAArgh,ive been trying for 7hours straight.File index and compression
didn't work.I guess i'll try the next version.
Thanks m8 :grin:
Edit:I'll look in to allocation,don't have a clue what it is.
When i had the older version of 1257,about a month in-game in the left
corner started to appear red letters saying script error....(i don't quite remember what came next).
Same as now when they started to appear after a while the crashes started.
Is it possible they are related? :???:

the best answer i can give you is "maybe". DrThomas would probably be more useful here if you can provide the error text (try to PM him, i'm not sure if he checks this thread).

Tried the steam version.Script error's seems to have disappeared.I get the C++ error
sometimes,although i have installed micr.c++2010.
Well it has many ways now to crash,one is war.exe,2nd c++,third freezes.
At least it isn't boring, it has some variety  :lol:
Tried the WSE also.Well either way i'm about to upgrade pc,so i'll see then.
Thanks for your efforts :grin:

Dr_stein85 said:
Tei said:
Dr_stein85 said:

Intel Icore 5 2.67gh
Ram 8,00 GB
Win 7 64 bits

Thanks for your answer Tei, as soon as I get rid of my examns I'll try the options you told me.

Well, definitely it;s overheating issue (I never shoud have bought a HP laptop x_X), so untill I get a fan won't be able to play too mucho time  :???:

well, at least you know what the problem is. and yeah, fans on laptops need to be taken care of as a routine - clean it often.

When i try to play the game in the loading screen when the game starts i get: RGL error cant open Textures\ count deumpuries helmet.
And from where can i get the newest patch,because my version is 1.132,i installed with desura.If i am a ignorant bastard and this problem has been solved just do tell me where it is.
TNX

Hey, first of all thanks very much to Tei for posting this solution on the forum and being so patient with everyone's issues. I've used the VM fix before on the Peloponnesian War mod for my C++ Runtime Errors on Vista and it worked a treat.
I've a bit of a problem working with this fix with XP, however. When entering System - Advanced - Startup and Recovery Settings - Edit, I should be seeing:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

However, I'm seeing:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Went ahead and added  /3GB /USERVA=2990 despite the 'partition 2' issue; it solved my visual runtime errors and crashes, but now I'm just experiencing a lot of blue screens instead. Is this fix suitable for 'partition 2', whatever that means?

I'd really appreciate someone's help on this if there are any answers floating about. Thanks.

I'm no expert but partition means that when you have for example:1 hard disk you
can divide it to two or more spaces.Let's say you have 1 disk of 500 GB,you can
make him to two partitions of 250 GB each.
When you have 2 or more partitions they appear in the:My Computer as different
Hdisk drives(your normal Hdisk is C: . while when you have a partition they appear as D: .)
I would try changing the 2 to 1.BUT i'm NO expert so try to
google it(i recommend you that one).Type in google something like
i have one partition and my computer sees 2 partitions.
Or wait for Tei for a more proper answer.

Hi. Im having crashes during battle that send me back to desktop. I have lowered my settings to minimum such as texture detail and body count but still it crashes. If i try to play a battle with 150 army size it crashes instantly at the start of battle and if i lower battle size to 30 it works for about 5 min. My specs are, 256mb graphics card, 2046mb of ram, my processor is  Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU  Q6600 @ 2.40GHz and its on 32 bit operating system. I have load textures on demand ticked and i also changed the rgl_config.txt to 512 which didnt work and then to 256 which i think may have improved it slightly because the battle i tryed for that on 150 soldiers didnt crash for about 1 min. Other than the battle crash the game works fine. It dosnt crash when i save or anything like that. I hope theres a solution to this mount and blade is all about big battles. Thanks in advance.

did you do the things from the 1st post?

luxintenebris - the "2" means that you have windows installed on different partition (for example: 1 would be C, 2 would be D etc. but the numbers don't have to mean 1=c, 2=d, it's a hdd thing). don't change the number, only the rest - everything that's AFTER "Microsoft Windows XP Professional"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom