[Fix?] For Mac Versions

Users who are viewing this thread

Michadr

Grandmaster Knight
This needs a 2 step procedure:

Start Warband, but DON't start Perisno yet
  configure:  video options:  check "Load Textures on Demand"
    failing to do that caused the crash.

The second issue however is all the fonts don't display on mac, so you don't see any progress, menus, or choices, and stumble around blindly.
  The fix for that is a little more subtle:

go into the folder Modules  under Mount & Blade Warband
  Now find the Perisno_0.73 folder
    go to Data
        delete  FONT_DATA.XML  and  "New Folder" with FONT.DDS and FONT_DATA.XML

this blows away the Perisno font and forces you to use default font for Warband, so you can at least see the menus.

That SHOULD get you going, although I don't have a Mac and don't really feel like buying another PC (I have 5 already).  Some think that gets them going.

- GS

There is no option to "Load Textures on Demand" under video. Just a slider for texture detail, a dial for max frame rate, the resolution, anti-aliasing, and shadow quality.

King_of_Castamere said:
There is no option to "Load Textures on Demand" under video. Just a slider for texture detail, a dial for max frame rate, the resolution, anti-aliasing, and shadow quality.

jx7kAZh.jpg

find rgl_config.txt somewhere in your documents (or whatever for mac) and find this

Code:
use_ondemand_textures = 1

use_ondemand_textures_mt = 1

make sure it is set to 1, or if those lines aren't in the file, add them yourself.

Haven't found it yet (Macbook Pro OSX 10.9.5), but I need some clarification.

Persino is playable without the FONT.dds file. However, it crashes every 15-20 minutes. Is this supposed to fix that?

Also, is this all going to be fixed in a future patch?

King_of_Castamere said:
Haven't found it yet (Macbook Pro OSX 10.9.5), but I need some clarification.

Persino is playable without the FONT.dds file. However, it crashes every 15-20 minutes. Is this supposed to fix that?

Also, is this all going to be fixed in a future patch?

A mac-specific font would need to be made, so no, I don't think it will be patched, as none of the dev team has a mac.

Crashing is down to your computer not being able to handle running perisno, using textures on demand should improve it for you.

For one there is no rgl_config.txt because i searched the entire folder and nothing showed up.
It is not in the resource folder, save game folder, SceneOBJ folder, Music folder, Languages folder, or Data folder.
Please give a specific area to search when talking about fixing bugs. Thank you.Game still crashes every 10 min.

rara409 said:
For one there is no rgl_config.txt because i searched the entire folder and nothing showed up.
It is not in the resource folder, save game folder, SceneOBJ folder, Music folder, Languages folder, or Data folder.
Please give a specific area to search when talking about fixing bugs. Thank you.Game still crashes every 10 min.

I don't have a mac so I have no idea, but there should be something like it somewhere.

Michadr said:
rara409 said:
I have asked along with countless others for a fix to the crashes we Mac players experience. I have even describe how it crashes and possible fixes. It would be appreciated if this issue got some response.
We are working on it. One of our devs. has even obtained a mac just to because of this issue. By all means, post as much info as you have. A video would even be nice. \
Also please use this thread> http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,329962.0.html for any mac issues.

- Michadr
Please, everyone no need to post countless threads about this subject. Please post all your info in this thread.
thank you.

rara409 said:
I found the file yet the game still crashes they are already set to one

Could you tell us the name of the file, so other people can try it?

If the game still crashes with that turned on, maybe your PC just can't handle it. Have you tried lowering all of the video settings?

Back
Top Bottom