Fix everything listed below already FFS!

Users who are viewing this thread

I mean, I've been on that playthrough longer than two or three weeks. Yes, my character is Scout, Quartermaster and Surgeon at the same time. It doesn't affect leveling speed at all. Only Engineer I gave away. Also, no, I didn't do it with a 1x multiplier -- that's the point of dropping focusing points and attributes in there, so you get a boosted multiplier (up to 12x, AFAIK).

Like, if you really think it takes that long to hit level 37 and max out those skills, it is something your mods have done to your game.

1. You get focus points (the ones filling the horizontal bars) every level.
2. Attributes are 1 for every three levels.
3. You know you can literally see the character level at the top, right?
Dude, as I told already I have all mods to make me happy (kaos tweaks, better looting, edit lord etc.). And as I told before already I only put x200 multipliers for medicine, engineering, tactics and leadership only and tested them for 10 hours. Global skills multiplier is x3 only coz I want some challenge in little bit more realistic way for me personally than native BL can offer me. So it doesn't mean that "my mods sucks" or "I don't know how to play and level up skills". I can put right now all skills and exp multipliers to x1000 but it doesnt make any sense and challenge for me.
And yes I tweaked 1 focus and 1 skill point every level too. As well as troops exp, renown, gold and many other things. But once again I tried to made them all just reasonable and realistic for me to keep interest playing game.
But I thought we were talking about virgin native module without tweaks. So...

Apocal has been testing the game since the beginning and knows very well all its mechanics; so Vym, you should be a bit more humble here if you want to receive feedback that addresses your doubts.

On the other hand, Apocal may know about the game and its intricacies, but combat... that's another matter... Glaive and khuzait haircut and arrows in the back... a real sweaty ass. :iamamoron:

---
Damm, ninja'ed ! :lol:
I'm playing and modding since MB appeared in this world. Modded/tweaked almost all mods for WB also. But I don't think it should make all people on this forum to print my photo, put it on the wall and pray on it before going to sleep, isn't it?

I'm playing and modding since MB appeared in this world. Modded/tweaked almost all mods for WB also. But I don't think it should make all people on this forum to print my photo, put it on the wall and pray on it before going to sleep, isn't it?
Humility is definitely something you are not familiar with... have a nice day :iamamoron: .

- Trade. Just broken and not working as it should to. Only one way to lvl it up buy goods from settlements and sell in cities.
maybe it's just luck, but In my playthrough I just traded Iron ore and Hides between Rovalt and Car Banzeth and managed to get 100 trade skill, in about 20 trips, got 20k too. got boring fast though.

2. Attributes are 1 for every three levels.
Aaaackshualllly it's every 4th level, 4,8,12,,16,20,24,28,32(most games end by here)36(over achiever)
If it's was every 3 that's be like an extra skill set you could max you. If they changed it and I didn't notice I'd be pretty happy about it.

Anyways I think Medicine is too slow, i give up all int chars because I just CANNOT play the game and also lose so many units to keep it going. Just not happening. I have to take them to forest bandits and "oh no bandits are shooting my men, oh no" and even that is becomes very slow. In that time I could secure the means to raise and house more men which defeats the purpose of raising medicine for survival chance on troops. Needs daily tick (? exams?) or other activities!

And 100 isn't enough, you can pick up a hitchhiker with 120 medicine. If player invest into raising it it must be 200+ EARLY or it's useless. Same with engineering, who cares if I have 1/2 map already? Oh boy I get a incremental advantage is siege time, but I can just curb stomp anyone who tries to stop me anyways so now it's wasted. BEFORE it would have been good. See in warband you can front load you int skills so when you begin you siege rampage you have instant siege already! If you had to siege 1/2 map to be able to have it, it would only be 1/2 as good.

Leadership needs something too, I don't like having an army. It's okay if you lead armies perpetually, but that's often something I just don't want to do.

@vym I also agree damage calc needs a lot of revision as does unit AI.

Aaaackshualllly it's every 4th level, 4,8,12,,16,20,24,28,32(most games end by here)36(over achiever)
If it's was every 3 that's be like an extra skill set you could max you. If they changed it and I didn't notice I'd be pretty happy about it.
Oh, OK. I counted from 1 to 4, got my attribute.
Same with engineering, who cares if I have 1/2 map already? Oh boy I get a incremental advantage is siege time, but I can just curb stomp anyone who tries to stop me anyways so now it's wasted. BEFORE it would have been good. See in warband you can front load you int skills so when you begin you siege rampage you have instant siege already! If you had to siege 1/2 map to be able to have it, it would only be 1/2 as good.
You can get it up to 100 from only a few sieges, assuming you're knocking down the walls. If you're not bothering with that hassle though, there is no point to even leveling Engineering. The difference is marginal if you're just making a siege camp, compared to adding more dudes.

Yeah to make matter worse the early tool tip said it was every 3 levels too and some sites never bothered tp check or update so for instance a fast google top result shows you

You can get it up to 100 from only a few sieges, assuming you're knocking down the walls. If you're not bothering with that hassle though, there is no point to even leveling Engineering. The difference is marginal if you're just making a siege camp, compared to adding more dudes.
Well that's good to know, but it is a issue for me, do I want to spend campaign time doing siege engines or brute force the fief?
This of course depends on updates though as someday maybe I cannot bruteforce the siege anymore and building siege becomes attractive or needed. Also, for me if they would just make Medicine level from a alt method then the whole int tree gets a big boost in utility on MC.

It's really funny to watch how king Caladog was knocked out by some t1-t2 bums on the tournament fighting 1vs1, rofl.
And such a crazy sht happening everywhere - battlefields, tournaments, sieges. Zerg of t1-t2 trash troops can easily steamroll any group of t5-t6 units.
Two solutions:
- make pierce/blunt/slash damage resistance on armor pieces, because all your weapons already got pierce/blunt/slash damage, OMG
- tweak your weapons+physics, so it would be impossible to damage 72 body armor with some crappy 45-55 cutting damage axe or sword. But I can accept taking 1-2 damage because its an impact anyway
- 34 body armor for 200k you think its funny? Or even realistic? Just compare with tournaments rewards of 1200-1500. I can accept such prices for some legendary weapon such as damask steel unique sword or unique Persian (read Aserai) horse. But 190k for harpoons, 200k for freaking chaimail or 250k for bow in pure nonsense
- and thats exactly why we are not having full loot or at least 5% of loot from battlefields after defeating lords armies. Because of insane prices for equipment! Top tier horse armor 55k, crossbows 8-16k, bows 32-200k, javelins/harpoons 150-200k, swords 4-8k etc.
- imba looters equipped with rugged gambesons and falchions with unlimited stones are still epic. My applauds, devs.
- some t5 units equipped with 52 body armor, but 6 armor gloves and 5 armor shoes. Another joke?
- copy/paste stats on t5-t6 units are very annoying also. Not enough imagination?
Now my favorite part. FCKD UP skills:
- Medicine. OMG!!! With x200 multiplier I was able to increase it from 1 to 51 in 10 hours of non stop fighting and healing 150+ army.
- Trade. Just broken and not working as it should to. Only one way to lvl it up buy goods from settlements and sell in cities.
- Leadership. Read about medicine. Same.
- Tactics=medicine.
- Engineering=medicine.
So according to my calculations playing at x1 multiplier it will take approximately 2000 hours to level up those skills from 1 to 50. Investing 10 points to tree and 5 points to skill it will take approximately 1600 hours to get 50/200 skill. Do you really believe that people will play few years every day to level up those skills to maximum?
Now read carefully, dear devs. Its called logic and common sense. ALL SKILLS, players are using, must be maxed up by the time they finished a game OR in a 60-100 hours of gameplay OR after X battles/sieges. Its called adequate enjoyable game, with adequate and visible progress.
Bottom line. All these things can be tweaked and tested in a few hours/days. So I have no idea WTH is wrong with you there...
you still play BL?!?

Yeah, yeah, if playing at x1000 engineering exp multiplier. Im at x300 now and it took me 30+ sieges to get it up to 100 destroying walls. But I hope that you are aware that destroying walls also destroying your army pretty fast too if enemy castle shooting back, lol?

Of course he will. That much is abundantly clear by his wit, wisdom and insight. Not to mention how he clearly guides us though his unique and fascinating findings in such a clear, unbiased and calm manner.
are you assuming he hasnt already mastered every single skill he has ever used, i mean did you really read his paper such grace.

Back
Top Bottom