Fix Escaping Prisoners and Random War Declaretion

Users who are viewing this thread

bbaydogdu

Sergeant
This ****ing game doesn't allow me to go for an honorable playtrough. I conquered the entire map two times by killing every noble I defeated. I just wanted to play as a non-cruel ruler but it's literally impossible. Not only for the conquest but also impossible for ruling a stable kingdom for a while. Every god damn enemy lord i defeat comes back with a solid party after couple of minutes. It's not even possible to have a ten minutes of peace to settle some matters in the kingdom. They constantly declaring war against my kingdom and there is no choice for peace treaty. I had enough of the same kill everyone ****. If this game doesn't offer me anything else then I'm done with it. It was fun at first until I ran out of options very quickly. Then I started questioning. Eight ****ing years and is this what we get? Why there is no option to make peace treaties, non agression pacts, alliances against common enemies? Couldn't you guys manage to put these very simple things that come mind first when you think of diplomacy?

Last edited:
They have this idea that the game shouldn't be too easy. So that you don't notice how poor the AI is (behind the cheating).
But the main idea should be that the game should be fun. Cheating AI is not fun even if you can beat them over and over with ease.
It gets boring.

They have this idea that the game shouldn't be too easy. So that you don't notice how poor the AI is (behind the cheating).
But the main idea should be that the game should be fun. Cheating AI is not fun even if you can beat them over and over with ease.
It gets boring.
I did notice that, yes. After I trained a full elite party, I had no challenge to beat them up without causalties on realistic damage level. As you said beating them over and over again gets boring quickly. Diplomacy might give you a rest and keep battles still interesting since you wouldn't have to fight all the time. It would be quite fun to manipulate kingdoms and set them against each other.

We need to be able to built jail upgrade in our fief , so escape chances to be reduced even more. And if prisoner is in your fief or party, and clan pays random for prisoner, it's up to you to accept it or deny.
I hope they do something like that .

They're made to replenish so fast because they're made to fail and just be annoying. Cause the AI is so poor. Happens in warband too.
Instead of programming those cheats i would program a bit of tactics and formation knowledge into the AI. Teach them rock-paper-scissors. So they
bring proper troops for a goal. And drop the cheating.
So they put up a decent fight and at least fail with honor (no more 24h respawn with troops). So that when a lord is hurt he will spend
a couple of weeks to restore and he will learn that he needs more troops or alies before attacking the same player army again.
That will feel real.

Last edited:
We need to be able to built jail upgrade in our fief , so escape chances to be reduced even more. And if prisoner is in your fief or party, and clan pays random for prisoner, it's up to you to accept it or deny.
I hope they do something like that .
There is a mod called "prevent escape" that contains the ransom feature you said but unfortunately it doesn't work anymore. Besides it supposed to be one of the main features.

I've said this before there needs to be a serious cool down timer before lords can make a new party somewhere around 5-7 days and at least 7-10 days before they can come back at full strength. Idk why TW is having such a hard time understanding how frustrating it is to have defeated lords with full parties respawn so quickly. The diplomacy issues or lack of I can live with, for now, because it's so barebones and I'm hopeful it will get fix sooner rather than later.

It's not even so much a grind as it is a limbo. Warband was a grind, where you would expand, build up relations and collect good vassals, making steady long-term progress. In Bannerlord you just keep beating the same lords easily over and over. They don't want peace, they don't understand they will never beat you, they don't have feasts or go shopping around the world for new armors. They don't care if bandits go hog wild and eat their villagers. They don't do quest for notables. They don't care that other factions will take their stuff while they try to take yours. They look at a number in the data and go attack attack. It's like once you have a town it becomes a weird tower defense game. Just waves and waves. "oh hey it's a been awhile..." no it ****ing hasn't it's been 2 days!

It's the Baby(AI playing on more even terms with the player) being thrown out with the bathwater(the AI being unable to get it's **** together if it takes a loss),
but then the bathwater magically brought to life by Micky mouse and taking over the whole game with continued snowballing and relentless wars where they can neither defeat the player or be controlled in any meaningful way.

To make this game more sensible war declaretion should be depending on some conditions. What's the point of randomly declaring war? If the ai lords think my kingdom is weak and free real estate then why do they keep coming to their funeral after I beat them over and over again? I believe this game seriously needs a diplomacy system like paradox games.

Last edited:
I understand that they have to give the defeated lords a few free troops so they can recruit and not get beaten up by looters but at least make a timer so they have to wait a few days before they can start moving again, a simulation of this free recruiting and wounding recovering. Maybe around 10-15 days so that their defeat means something in the whole conflict.

I understand that they have to give the defeated lords a few free troops so they can recruit and not get beaten up by looters but at least make a timer so they have to wait a few days before they can start moving again, a simulation of this free recruiting and wounding recovering. Maybe around 10-15 days so that their defeat means something in the whole conflict.
I have also noticed that the phase when the lords visits towns and villages to reach his army cap with fresh recruits is very fast, i see the AI recruit up to 15 recruits to each village so in a couple hours the army is built. Maybe there should be a system where constant recruitment depletes the village and makes it harder to recruit there for a while.

If they make defeated lords take 2 weeks to recover snowballing of factions would be far, far worse as after a big defeat half of the cities in in a country could be taken before the lords would have an army again. Until the pace can be slowed down, near instantly regenerating lords will be needed.

They should hire new competent people to do their AI. The ones they have are clearly no good at their job.

LOL. I heard Ubisoft snatched some of their employees. Maybe they can replace them with Paradox's AI experts.

Related to random wars, one of the things that bothers me about the game is that AI lords don't care about their men at all. While I'm organizing military funerals at home for every Vlandian Banner Knight I lose in battle, AI lords don't hesitate to throw their soldiers into meat grinders. This is probably because of the endless recruits in the game. Recruits are not connected to prosperity or any other algorithm as far as I can tell, they just continuously respawn in towns ready to get recruited day after day. Endless recruits = endless wars. Resources are supposed to be finite. This game needs a manpower system.

Just to clarify - the AI's only cheat in terms of troops is that they currently receive ~10% of their party size (10-15 men) upon respawning to avoid situations where they get stuck in defeat (by bandits). Some of them can return in force so quickly, because they do not just recruit from settlements, but also take troops from their holdings. Combined with the better managements of funds this can make for resilient opponents. Having said that, ideally, frequent defeats will see their garrisons weakened.

In regards to war and peace decisions, we are working on it. The shift from a single kingdom decision to a vote by its member clans and king will require balancing. Part of the solution will be what mexxico described here:
Yes there will be truce contract between 2 kingdoms and each day there will be payment for this contract. So breaking truce will not be logical for stronger kingdom because they will lose daily truce payment. Thats all I know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom