Fix Bugs or Develop Content

If you were the boss at TaleWorlds, which would you have them do first?

• Fix existing bugs

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Develop new content

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

If you were the boss at TaleWorlds, would you have them fix the existing bugs first, or add new content? Just curious.

Personally, I voted for fixing existing bugs even though I'm very excited for the skill perks to be implemented in the non-beta version of the game.

There's no option here, the game has to work right before they can add major additions. The problem is that what they have is very boring and un immersive outside of battles.

Just add content. Nobody really gives a **** when M&B games are buggy, as long as you throw in a bunch of features. You can fix the bugs later and most people will forget.

Bugfixing's important, but the game desperately needs new content. There are so many massive gaps in the game. There's really no late game at all, so every playthrough just peters out and goes nowhere. I still play all the time because its still fun just wandering around and fighting battles, but that's all there is to it. It doesn't add up to anything meaningful in the end. I'll catch myself early in my playthroughs working on my late game skills and think "who am I kidding? I know I'm gonna restart before I get to the late game."

I really do wish they'd focus on putting in all the rest of the missing pieces so that at least we can experience the full scope of the game, even if it is buggy. As @Apocal says, we can deal with the bugs, just give us the full game already.

to be fair the game is far less buggy than it was 6 months ago. At every patch they have generally provided a lot of bug fixes. This on top of just how much smoother it runs.

I do question the direction of new content though. The last video showed us changes to ranged combat and a 'lame horse feature'. Honestly I personally see almost no value in these and I've no one asking for them or anything like them. Ranged combat was ok for now and i really don't care if I have to switch in a new horse if my current one dies.

Everything seems to be getting nerfed all the time also. Armour was already a bit weak but now there is effectively no heavy armour in the game. rather than nerf Imperial Lamelar it would have been better to add good armours for other factions. Damage is already insanely high so now armour is even more useless than it previously was.

We've also seen the 'Everything has a price' perk get moved so high up the trade tree that you will need to focus completely on trade (social) for the first 20 levels of attribute points. Grinding trade to level 300 is really not appealing to anyone that doesn't hate themselves. This combined with the caravan, tournament and workshop nerfs in previous patches means that viable endgame playstyles are getting more and more limited. Apart from some new visuals, smithing remains still as broken as it was in April.

It's almost like they want the battles to be even faster and the campaign to be even more of a slow grind than it already is

Hey guys, I got some screenshots

Doing the main quest:
yawning-man-E0CD34.jpg

Courting ladies:
images

"Exploring" towns:
106572551-side-view-of-a-mature-man-yawning-while-driving-car.jpg

Arriving late game:
senior-man-sleeping-sofa-home-old-age-rest-comfort-people-concept-83532593.jpg

Armies gathering during peace time:
104587911-group-of-business-people-sleeping-at-the-meeting.jpg

to be fair the game is far less buggy than it was 6 months ago. At every patch they have generally provided a lot of bug fixes. This on top of just how much smoother it runs.

I do question the direction of new content though. The last video showed us changes to ranged combat and a 'lame horse feature'. Honestly I personally see almost no value in these and I've no one asking for them or anything like them. Ranged combat was ok for now and i really don't care if I have to switch in a new horse if my current one dies.

Everything seems to be getting nerfed all the time also. Armour was already a bit weak but now there is effectively no heavy armour in the game. rather than nerf Imperial Lamelar it would have been better to add good armours for other factions. Damage is already insanely high so now armour is even more useless than it previously was.

We've also seen the 'Everything has a price' perk get moved so high up the trade tree that you will need to focus completely on trade (social) for the first 20 levels of attribute points. Grinding trade to level 300 is really not appealing to anyone that doesn't hate themselves. This combined with the caravan, tournament and workshop nerfs in previous patches means that viable endgame playstyles are getting more and more limited. Apart from some new visuals, smithing remains still as broken as it was in April.

It's almost like they want the battles to be even faster and the campaign to be even more of a slow grind than it already is
I really don't understand why they insist on noodling around with balance changes when there's still so many big things missing from the game. It gives the impression that they don't know what to do next so they just fiddle with balance.

I really don't understand why they insist on noodling around with balance changes when there's still so many big things missing from the game. It gives the impression that they don't know what to do next so they just fiddle with balance.

My sentiments exactly, they have been messing with balancing now for 8 months. I lost count how many times I have started a new playthrough and forgot which workshop is the new flavor of the month.

My sentiments exactly, they have been messing with balancing now for 8 months. I lost count how many times I have started a new playthrough and forgot which workshop is the new flavor of the month.
Especially with the eco/money related stuff. As long as they leave smithing un-touched where players can print money at will what's the point in nerfing caravans, workshops and other tinker doos that mess with money stuff.
Like wise the tinker-pinkers with the Amor changes on troops...... if you're going to do something TW please MAKE ARMOR REDUCE DAMAGE MUCH MORE. Whatever you did to **** up herd penalty do it to speed damage boosts instead, we don't want to take 400 damage because you're moving towards the enemy.

But really add all the good stuff 1st and stop the tinkering.

Especially with the eco/money related stuff. As long as they leave smithing un-touched where players can print money at will what's the point in nerfing caravans, workshops and other tinker doos that mess with money stuff.
Like wise the tinker-pinkers with the Amor changes on troops...... if you're going to do something TW please MAKE ARMOR REDUCE DAMAGE MUCH MORE. Whatever you did to **** up herd penalty do it to speed damage boosts instead, we don't want to take 400 damage because you're moving towards the enemy.

But really add all the good stuff 1st and stop the tinkering.
Amor reduce more damage ?! are you mad lad. They have reduced it to a point where an arrow to an 43 in chest armor does peanut damage of 10 to you which is a damn outrage at top difficulty. You guys and your difficulty nerfs

Amor reduce more damage ?! are you mad lad. They have reduced it to a point where an arrow to an 45 in chest armor does peanut damage of 10 to you which is a damn outrage at top difficulty
Oh did they? When did they do this? I bet if you're moving on a horse it does a lot ****ing more then 10. Likewise I can still kill tier 4-6 in as many shots/hits as lower tiers, that's ****ing stupid.
I don't notice any improvement whatsoever, getting hit is still unacceptable even in best in slot armor, too much damage.

Oh did they? When did they do this? I bet if you're moving on a horse it does a lot ****ing more then 10. Likewise I can still kill tier 4-6 in as many shots/hits as lower tiers, that's ****ing stupid.
I don't notice any improvement whatsoever, getting hit is still unacceptable even in best in slot armor, too much damage.
On horse yeah maybe a little, but it isnt much that i worry about with all heavy armor....
Idk when this happened but ive noticed you can take more and more damage during the production line because of people whining about armor. Well thats prob because you have top skills almost and hit them in the head ? Since i still have to wack T1 troops 2 times (at times) with 200+ in skill one handed T6 sword with all bonus perks for damage because of buff in armor, which they have almost crappy low one ^^

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom