Fitness and all things fitness related (AKA: Eat your goddamn oats.)

Users who are viewing this thread

pentagathus said:
On a 5x5 program do you do 5x5 for deadlifts as well? I've heard on SS its just 1x5 but I'm assuming that's because SS has squats and deads in the same session.
SS and SL have 1x5 deadlifts because you're squatting so much anyway.

13244039_10153398109191853_790710164678502428_o.jpg

Cycled this today, 21.5 Km. My bum is dead.

Si-A-erra. said:
Cycled this today, 21.5 Km. My bum is dead.
I read this and the last part (You usually inject into the glutes due to that being the easiest place to do it) and I was like "Oh **** is Sierra on gear?" before I noticed that he mean bicycles.

Thank you ricardo piano.

10 pull ups in a row or sets of 10, wiggum?
The winter took away all my will to excercice. Also my back borked one day out of the blue (i haven't been to a gym for like a year now) and i dont want to **** it

The 11 O'Clock Swolltrain is now departing Pussyopolis for Turntupsberg by way of Betamale Station.

I also bike.

I just started on a simple training regimen for beginners. I live about two minutes' walk from a gym so why not.

Started on this one, don't know if it's any good but at least it starts off slow:
http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/complete-mf-beginners-training-guide-0?day=1

A bunch of foreign sounding exercises later on where I had to google them to find out what they are. Like Machine Preacher Curl, which sounds quite metal. And Romanian Deadlift, which just sounds scary.

Oh you want weird exercise names?

Well we have the Muscle Snatch, the Panda Pull, the Power Jerk and the Snatch Pull.
Search them up, they're all real.
I do all of them as well ㅇㅅㅇ)

Urgrevling said:
I just started on a simple training regimen for beginners. I live about two minutes' walk from a gym so why not.

Started on this one, don't know if it's any good but at least it starts off slow:
http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/complete-mf-beginners-training-guide-0?day=1

A bunch of foreign sounding exercises later on where I had to google them to find out what they are. Like Machine Preacher Curl, which sounds quite metal. And Romanian Deadlift, which just sounds scary.

Romanian or straight leg deadlifts are actually a little less technical than a standard deadlift. However, I would still seek out a knowledgeable coach to help teach you those lifts. Deadlifts look simple, but are actually very difficult to perform well without at least some initial instruction.

Also, what are your goals? What do you hope to accomplish with this program?

There are instructors at the gym, I could ask them for help. I don't want to do it wrong and injure myself. My goal is mainly just to get started with fitness training and getting used to following a program. Getting fitter and looking better is also up there, but I guess that'll take some time to achieve.

Magorian Aximand said:
Romanian or straight leg deadlifts are actually a little less technical than a standard deadlift.

How so? One would think that adding a lowering phase would make the exercise more technical.

Romanian doesn't involve full contraction at the start and so you don't need a very flexible starting position to do it. Straight leg deadlifts are kinda weird in the fact that to do them properly you need much, much more flexibility than a normal deadlift unless you want to curve your back doing or not have entirely straight legs (usually bending slightly at the knees.)

Romanian deadlifts are kinda of a bandaid for people that can't get into the starting position of a deadlift for whatever reason, but it's always better when you're starting off to do just a proper deadlift as it employs virtually all the muscles in the body.

That might be, but I would find it far easier to go all the way down and start over than to stop at the knees while keeping the correct hip flexion.

So I'm revisiting Korea again this summer and I've managed to get one of my friends over there to let me train in the Taeneung Training Center. There's some positives and some negatives to this.

Positive: I get to train with the Korean National Olympic Team. I get to perhaps talk to the coaches for my weight division and see if I enjoy the Soviet/Bulgarian method.

Negatives: My hero, Sa Jae Hyouk was kicked out of the olympic team for punching some guy in the mouth for **** talking his fiancee so I won't be seeing him... :sad:
It's also like 2 hours commuting time because Seoul's transport system is HELL.

All in all it's pretty good. 나를 위해 응원~!

Does anyone have any suggestions for foods that are filling but not overly unhealthy? I'm not constantly stuffing my face or anything, but I find myself hungry way more than I feel I should be. I used to drink a bunch of Ensures every day, and I think I'm going to start doing that again so I don't feel so hungry, but are there any other things? Generally, I eat some not-too-healthy snacks and things to keep the hunger away, but I get hungry half an hour after even large meals, and it's annoying. I want to nip this in the bud before it gets to a bad point, but the only things that I can think of that really make me feel full are milk and nutrition shakes.

Daikon, kohlrabi, radish and turnip work like a charm for me. There's something animalisticly satisfying about the way you have to crush them with your teeth. Also, stir-fried or steamed mushrooms.

Hunger or appetite can also be a veiled expression of boredom...

Back
Top Bottom