Fitness and all things fitness related (AKA: Eat your goddamn oats.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Big Bad, I was advising on how binge well.  If you're going to eat without water you're not going to get very far.  I said if you want to pig out you'll need lots of water.  Now you're reinterpreting that you don't need water.  Well, we should have an eating competition sometime and see how well you do without lots of water.  Note some of those top bingers dip their hotdogs in water since they need it.

Fats don't feed the brain since it tends to burn glucose only.  Even you agree fatty acids are not used to create glucose.

I should think that people who can manage to binge on fruits will find its difficult to to put on weight.  Its composed mainly of water.  500-1000g of fruit probably only has a tiny fraction of dry mass and a good portion of that is not available to the body as calories.

Fats do feed the brain under a low carb diet, both in the form of glucose from glycerol and in the form of ketone bodies.

You claimed that you wouldn't be able to properly digest food if you binged without also drinking lots of water. Not that you would be unable to physically force an absurd quantity of food down your throat without drinking. The former is wrong, the latter may well be true, but really shouldn't be relevant to someone asking for dietary advice. Even if you're trying to gain weight you shouldn't be eating as if you're in a competition. And drinking water with a meal apparently makes you feel fuller. I know I'd rather wait until after I'd finished a large meal before I drink anything on the occasions when I need to eat a lot fairly quickly.

And as to fruit, it obviously matters as to what type of fruit you're eating. A kilo of banana would be about 900cal apparently. Obviously less than a kilo of confectionary but it's still a lot of energy, and if you're trying to control calorie intake then ignoring this is not going to work too well. I don't know anyone who's eaten a large amount of fruit when on an otherwise low carb diet though, they usually tend to be pretty paranoid about fruit.

Barely.  Try surviving on mazola.  We were asked for advice so I gave mine.  Doesn't matter if its competitive eating or not, a lot of water helps.

Did anyone say anything about controlling calorie intake? 

Lots of plank and swimming in last 2 days, my core hurts so much that i can't ****.
counted calories again after sometime, q happy that everything's in balance thanks to habit despite not actively counting
23318576_10212422570657301_1400437512_n.jpg

23318889_10212422570457296_1614676637_n.jpg

23316144_10212422570257291_1948536121_n.jpg

Lots of running and pushups the past few days. And I have a stand up fighting practice in the evening as well. I'm stiff as a board, really need to improve my flexibility.

I'm still powerlifting almost daily. My bench press hit 225 several weeks ago, which was a huge goal for me to hit. Next goal is 405 on the deadlift, and then start working my way towards the thousand pound club.

[spoiler='till the roof comes off]
34DfG.jpg

BOErH.jpg
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='till the lights go out]
HVsz1.jpg

I6A8F.jpg
[/spoiler]

Superquality carbs, each with solid amounts of protein and/or fiber. Each costs literally 30p in the cabbageland.

weglowodany/sacharidy = carbs
w tym cukry/z toho cukry = sugars (out of total carbs)
tluscz/tuky = fats
blonnik/vlaknina = fiber
bialko/bilkoviny = protein

Also great, although note the values in the link are per cooked 100g, so multiply accordingly for relevant comparison.

:razz:

The first one is split pea. Let is sit in salted cold water for 2 hrs, then cook on about 60% of your stove's max without the lid until the water is gone, if it's still hard, add water and continue cooking. When you're almost done, add pressed garlic, rosemary or marjoram (not both unless you're a degenerate) and a little pepper. If you feel fancy you can roast some chopped onion separately on either butter or olive oil. Canola is acceptable, but not preferable. Add it to the finished mix. If you feel really fancy, add reasonable amount of walnuts. Eat. Cheap and so simple a literal retard can make it.

Pro-tip: change the water for fresh one before you start boiling it. It prevents most of the foam that would create after heat is applied. You can stir the foam in, if you want to do it the old and hard way, but get ready for stirring non-stop for ~30 mins.

Macro-wise, you can live on pretty much just this for the rest of your very long life.

Split peas were used for an unusual non-culinary purpose during the Second World War. Great efforts were made to optimise the manufacture of the British Supermarine Spitfire fighter aircraft, speeding and cheapening manufacture while maintaining or enhancing performance. Flush-headed rivets were used on a prototype for the smoothest possible surfaces, but this made it more difficult, expensive, and slower to produce than using the usual dome-headed rivets. Rather than the cumbersome alternative of comparing actual rivets, split peas were glued over all the flush rivets to simulate dome heads. This reduced the speed by 22 mph (35 km/h), which was unacceptable. Split peas were then progressively removed to determine which rivets really needed to be flush; the results were applied to production aeroplanes.[1][2]

You might want to try beans but you better read up on them.  Need to ensure they're cooked and best to soak them.  High protein, high fibre.  Do not eat too much if you have a long commute the following day.

Back
Top Bottom