first time modder

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

akatosh

as the topic states i am thinking about starting to make a mod and had a  :?:.

is the moding tool that came with the game even worth it and how much can i do with it?

thx in advance. :wink:

The moding tool that came with the game? The scene editor? Thats the only one I can think of. But, obviously, you can edit scenes with it. So it would be worth it if you were a scenemaker. I think that is what you are talking about, correct me if I am wrong.

akatosh said:

is the moding tool that came with the game even worth it and how much can i do with it?

if you're referring to the module system, that's pretty much the best way to make a mod. So it is absolutely worth it.

TIDM2 said:
The moding tool that came with the game? The scene editor? Thats the only one I can think of. But, obviously, you can edit scenes with it. So it would be worth it if you were a scenemaker. I think that is what you are talking about, correct me if I am wrong.

in the configure menu the enable edit mode is what i am talking about.

akatosh said:
in the configure menu the enable edit mode is what i am talking about.

That's actually the edit mode for scenes and stuff, it only allows you to add buildings, objects and spawn points. If you want to make a mod, you'll want to use the module system.

Hank said:
akatosh said:

if you're referring to the module system, that's pretty much the best way to make a mod. So it is absolutely worth it.

ok so were is that??? i dont see it in the game menu.

Okay, first go here (Clickme) and download that, then you might want to check around for some tutorials on how to start a mod.

Then try and look around these 2 pages

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,15562.0.html --This is a list of advice on modding

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,48405.0.html -- This is a nice starting guide to modding.

It takes time, lots of it, and you need to be willing to commit and learn.

Good luck to you sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom