First person view, I am the only one who use it?

Users who are viewing this thread

a_ver_est

Knight at Arms
So, I have been watching some streams and none was using the first person view. I use it all the time because I feel far more immersive despite the situation awareness is somewhat worse, am I the only one?

BTW I am continuously losing tournaments, get some troops killed by low tier bandits and getting a lot of pyrrhic victories against enemy lords, so people playing on highest difficult settings like me have similar results? or it is just that I am a terrible player?

So, I have been watching some streams and none was using the first person view. I use it all the time because I feel far more immersive despite the situation awareness is somewhat worse, am I the only one?

BTW I am continuously losing tournaments, get some troops killed by low tier bandits and getting a lot of pyrrhic victories against enemy lords, so people playing on highest difficult settings like me have similar results? or it is just that I am a terrible player?

I'd say if you were going to play MP competitively then you would want to try getting used to 3rd person; as it is better functionally & then use 1st person for ranged weaponry (though you don't need to these days). However you play the game however you want, especially singleplayer. Game can be tough, especially if you are new, don't fret just enjoy it!

Yeah me too, out of respect I never say anything bad to the youtubers who act all proud when "cheating" with 3rd person.

For me 3rd person is to make screenshots....

If i want an arcade slasher i just play Dynasty Warriors or something like that.

But Bannerlord for me is not a simulation but it is half way between these two extremes so I only play first person because the second my guy becomes a sort of superhero or semi-God , the game lose all its interest to me.

This is also why I didnt try multiplayer yet and probably never will if servers are not locked to 1st person cause i refuse to play against someone who cheats with 3rd person and dont see the point of playing with the external view.. robs you of all the immersion and feeling of vulnerability and take out most of the challenge in single player especially if you play max difficulty with a general on foot ( limited view of the battlefield).

All weapons ( ranged included ) and situations are perfectly functional in 1st person... so i dont understand the point that 3rd person is important for multiplayer.

For me 3rd person in multiplayer is precisely what locks me out of it.

Last edited:
I used to play 1st person in M&B exclusively, and found it to be so immersive and enjoyable. But then multiplayer came out and I found I couldn't compete, so I had to force myself to switch to 3rd.

Sadly I can't do 1st person anymore, even in single player. It just makes me dizzy and I no longer have that innate ability to figure out where the swings are coming from.

I miss it though.

Well, I'd really love using 1st person view, but in Bannerlord it feels somehow worse than it was in Warband. I honestly don't know why, maybe it's just personal, but in Warband I've never used 3rd person camera while in Bannerlord I use ONLY 3rd person, cause 1st person feels very shaky and uncomfortable.

Well, I'd really love using 1st person view, but in Bannerlord it feels somehow worse than it was in Warband. I honestly don't know why, maybe it's just personal, but in Warband I've never used 3rd person camera while in Bannerlord I use ONLY 3rd person, cause 1st person feels very shaky and uncomfortable.

Maybe because now when you block with the shield you aren't able to see anything, in warband you still have some partial view even with the shield raised. I felt kinda anoying at the start but now I love it because you can't go around just with the shield raised, blocking now requires more coordination.

Maybe because now when you block with the shield you aren't able to see anything, in warband you still have some partial view even with the shield raised. I felt kinda anoying at the start but now I love it because you can't go around just with the shield raised, blocking now requires more coordination.

>using shields

two handed brothers rise up

Since as a player you don't have advantages that "cheating AI" have you need to game a game a bit on realistic.
Actually rules here will be similar to what "legendary" difficulty requires in total war series.

1. Loss mitigation is key. AI lords refill armies in 2 days, you can do it in 10-15 days. Also AI autotrains troops. You need to grind a bit
2. You need to focus on ranged units + some meele shock 2h troops best if they have thrown weapon
3. dont focus on meele Cav - it is currently only good for either chasing after enemy horse archers or killing routing troops
4. Horse archers are true bannerlord easy mode. Just remember to pick those with two quivers
5. Tournaments - i suppose group fights are easy so you might refer to 1v1's or 2v2's if you get terrible partner.
1v1s you can easily win once you have enough athletics so you can actually dodge. Otherwise swing,shield,swing,shield,swing,shield until win

Yeah me too, out of respect I never say anything bad to the youtubers who act all proud when "cheating" with 3rd person.

For me 3rd person is to make screenshots....

If i want an arcade slasher i just play Dynasty Warriors or something like that.

But Bannerlord for me is not a simulation but it is half way between these two extremes so I only play first person because the second my guy becomes a sort of superhero or semi-God , the game lose all its interest to me.

This is also why I didnt try multiplayer yet and probably never will if servers are not locked to 1st person cause i refuse to play against someone who cheats with 3rd person and dont see the point of playing with the external view.. robs you of all the immersion and feeling of vulnerability and take out most of the challenge in single player especially if you play max difficulty with a general on foot ( limited view of the battlefield).

All weapons ( ranged included ) and situations are perfectly functional in 1st person... so i dont understand the point that 3rd person is important for multiplayer.

For me 3rd person in multiplayer is precisely what locks me out of it.

Cheats with 3rd person... despite 3rd person being the default view...? How dare players learn to play the game using the standardised settings...

I wasn't actually aware there IS a first person view. But then, first person makes me extremely motion sick so I'm grateful for any game that gives players the choice (since first person is still useful when I want to look at details while stationary. Sad Bannerlord doesn't really have details worth zooming in on)

I find 1st person so uncomfortable.. And I find it more immersive to see my character as a human, walking around in calradia, instead of literally beeing a floating weapon. How do you even see anything in combat when playing 1st person? For me, it has to be played in 3d person asap.

I wasn't actually aware there IS a first person view. But then, first person makes me extremely motion sick so I'm grateful for any game that gives players the choice (since first person is still useful when I want to look at details while stationary. Sad Bannerlord doesn't really have details worth zooming in on)

Exactly, its not a shooter game, where you point your weapon somewhere, you have to constantly move your screen in all directins in combat, how can you not get dizzy from doing that?

Bannerlords graphics can be very beautiful nonetheless. There isn't really the need to zoom in to something. The details lie in other things, like the trading and management systems, those are really nuanced and detailed.

Last edited:
I find 1st person so uncomfortable.. And I find it more immersive to see my character as a human, walking around in calradia, instead of literally beeing a floating weapon. How do you even see anything in combat when playing 1st person? For me, it has to be played in 3d person asap.
You don't see anything really; thats why its really only relevant for ranged weapons and for the extra challenge. I would highly recommend not using it if you don't enjoy it.

I used to play 1st person in M&B exclusively, and found it to be so immersive and enjoyable. But then multiplayer came out and I found I couldn't compete, so I had to force myself to switch to 3rd.

Sadly I can't do 1st person anymore, even in single player. It just makes me dizzy and I no longer have that innate ability to figure out where the swings are coming from.

I miss it though.

Have you guys tried adjusting the FoV setting? Some of my friends reported similar issues but changing their FoV settings helped, apparently.

I don't use any shield since I prefer having a bow/crossbow (that's 2 slots), a polearm and a sword/axe. The camera itself just really feels a bit off, I don't know why.

Cheats with 3rd person... despite 3rd person being the default view...? How dare players learn to play the game using the standardised settings...

Because you are supposed to be roleplaying your character not his angels :smile:

But i respect your opinion, i put "cheating" in brackets for single player because 3rd person view also turns a game that is already easy to beat the AI in duel ( even in highest difficulty ) into something trivial where you lose all sense of danger, any need for situational awareness and lose all the adrenaline and rewarding feeling of accomplishment from my point of view.

If you look at all the reasons put forward for people using third person, it always come down to it being easier for them to be good.. Which is fine but the point in this long grinding game is to train and be weak at something at first then slowly improve and put the effort and perseverance to become better overtime.

Whereas 3rd person you are instantly a super hero on the battlefield as you see everything, never surprised, super easy to dodge and assess weapon reach etc.. basically you rob yourself of all the immersion and challenge and can very early stand head and shoulders above even the greatest warriors of Calradia with kill scores of 20+ kills per battle without breaking a sweat :smile:

If you like it like that in your own game it is fine, but for instance in multiplayer, for me the fact that there are no servers locked in 1st person is keeping me out of it because my point basically is that Bannerlord is a very different experience and almost a different game in first person, but once again I respect your view.

Last edited:
Well to be fair you should see less in some cases if you do not want to "cheat". I expect most of the players (at some point) have helmets which most likely would reduce their view dramatically. So you would have a helmet view (2 holes maybe :smile: ).

Last edited:
Well to be fair you should see less in some cases if you do not want to "cheat". I expect most of the players (at some point) have helmets which most likely would reduce their view dramatically. So you would have a helmet view (2 holes maybe :smile: ).

lol that would be great indeed, more realism :smile:

But then you'd have to allow the player to open and close his helmet "visor" at will so he can switch between full view and "2 holes" style of view.

lol that would be great indeed, more realism :smile:

But then you'd have to allow the player to open and close his helmet "visor" at will so he can switch between full view and "2 holes" style of view.
I am describing this from experience because one other game had this. When you used your weapon the helmet closed automatically. You had no chance to fight 2 or 3 opponents. I wonder if this "experience" could have been the same in real "knights life". Your head was protected but your combat abilities degraded by lot more :smile:
I enjoyed it maybe 1 day, at the end no-helmet view mod was the solution :smile:

Last time i tried 1st persoon was in this epic multiplayer siege battle. I could definitly deel the rush, but i actually think its easier to see which direction im blocking or swinging. Id love to try a server with 1st persoon view only and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom