Users who are viewing this thread

I wish Bannerlord has first person aiming system like Mordhau. In mordhau we look directly to crossbows and bows
images

images

Looks like we are looking from the side when we aim with crossbow in bannerlord. I hope there will be some modes that fix this

Bannerlord seriously needs some first person view rework tbh. I rarely use it in ranged mode and never in melee mode. I really would like to hear devs plan on this. Are they happy and is this final version of first person view?

Would love to see the first person reworked for ranged weapons. The War of the Roses (although a big flop) had a brilliant first person bow view also!

2D198C299FF9C91323A52276B1780E61C9F73F50

It seems to me like Bannerlord uses the same first person as Warband, where it's using the third person animations/models. But it would be pretty awesome to have a 1st person as you do in other games if possible. I can live with it if they don't but it would make it so much more immersive/fun imo.

Greetings knights and peasants of all Calradia!

First person is a feature that most of people don't even use, in my case I only use it for horse riding and ranged weapons in Warband, sometimes never... My point here is to say that this feature could have been imporved since Warband, but it looks exactly the same. For example in ranged weapons why do we need a reticle in first person? You should be able to aim with the bow or crossbow "sight". I'm talking about that because of inmersion... what do you think people?

Apart from that I could talk about interface features like hitmarkers, killfeed, red walls to limit maps...

Thank you and sorry for my english!

I actually find it more accurate with a bow while aiming at moving targets in FP. I switch to 3rd regularly as well.

I think this is one of those cases of diminishing returns.
Alot of work for each bow and not much reward, especially since like you said barely anyone uses that pov.
Yes, but don't you think that people don't use it because it is really bad?

I always use 1st person view for bows/crossbows, and the reticle is much more convenient than what you suggest imo.
I meant that I would like to play without reticle for inmersion, just aiming with the bow or crossbow as if you try it now it's pretty hard to aim well, you have almost no reference as you see the bow or the crossbow on one side.

I feel like first person as a feature is just useless now. I feel like i'm better off shooting a bow or crossbow in third person, and melee just has never been useful at all in first person.

Call me out if I'm wrong but bows and crossbows don't have sights... at least not in this kind of period. Not sure about first person, when I've played seemed to actually find it easier shooting in third because it didn't seem like I had to compensate the drop as badly, but I think need more playing around with it to get a feel for it. I will probably still use first person for shooting anyway, since you can block your own view in third person.

Call me out if I'm wrong but bows and crossbows don't have sights... at least not in this kind of period. Not sure about first person, when I've played seemed to actually find it easier shooting in third because it didn't seem like I had to compensate the drop as badly, but I think need more playing around with it to get a feel for it. I will probably still use first person for shooting anyway, since you can block your own view in third person.

Yeah, there may be exceptions, but... While later crossbows did sometimes feature something resembling iron sights, I'm fairly confident they didn't show up on the early medieval crossbows. Still, I don't dislike the idea of using a crossbow sight to aim, on its own. It's not implausible to think someone just... drove a screw into the middle of his crossbow, for instance, to help guide his eye when aiming. Even if it wasn't a proper sight.

Only some of them had sights (some crossbows) but I'm not talking about having modern sights just being able to use part of the crossbow or the bow as a reference for aiming, as you can see here you can have no reference without the reticle:
maxresdefault.jpg

While aiming you should be able to put your eye on the end of the crossbow, here I'm going to use Mordhau as an example, it has a reticle for bows and crossbows, i don't use them but you can hace a reference with the bow or the crossbow while aiming:

hqdefault.jpg

Did I made myself clear now? I mean in the first image you have no reference to know where the bolt is going if you don't have the reticle, but in both of mordhau pictures you can clearly know, maybe bow is harder, as it is in real life.

Thank you all for the answers!

Back
Top Bottom