Resolved first person archery reticle bug

Users who are viewing this thread

hi there,

i've noticed that when you switch to first person with archery, the reticle is 'inaccurate'

what i believe is happening is:

when you switch from 3rd to 1st person, the angle changes (e.g. if you had a point aimed at 3rd person and go to 1st person, the reticle will now be slightly above your previous target)

when you shoot in 1st person, however, the new 1st person angle reticle is wrong. every shot will be slightly lower than intended at medium range -- getting worse the farther you aim. it acts as though you are aiming with the old 3rd person reticle (which is slightly lower), even though the new 1st person reticle LOOKS higher.

you can test this at a medium range shooting at a point (a tree, for example)

all shots will be low if aiming dead center, treating the bottom 3/4th of the reticle as the "center"

switch back to 3rd person without moving your target, and all shots will be back exactly on target.

switch back to 1st person and all shots will be on 'target' with the old 3rd person center (missing the new 1st person center)

while this affects archery most noticably due to bullet drop, it seems likely that the same would be true for throwing and xbow, as well

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this topic when it was first created. If you are still experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please leave a reply to this thread so we can forward to the team for investigation.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom