First campaign with births&deaths. Results?

Users who are viewing this thread

Csatádi

Grandmaster Knight
6 of our nobles died in battle and 1 from the enemies. And that one is from a clan I want to convert to our realm so I married one of their members. We didn't lost a battle... :grin: I also lost a companion but it doesn't matter.

I didn't start such a campang so far because math said it will be bad. Math had right. :grin:
The campaing is not long we didn't even conquer other factions yet, there were just a few wars here and there.

Tried once, gave up after losing 4 clans entirely. Lost a lord to looters even. So unbalanced the mechanic is right now, it's almost impossible to manage after mid game. They're working on a more fair version AFAIK like it'll be enabled for ai vs ai battles as well and total 5 or so death per year shall be the target. I'll give it a shot when it's fixed because aging and death are the best new feature compared to warband. It's a crime it's so messed up atm.

The only good thing about death in battle is harvesting spouses.
If I join or create a faction I only join my allies in large fights if it's absolutely necessary (it isn't). It's better in the long run for them to be captured then to bleed lords away, which you will if you have the large army fights with many lords in them.
A proactive aproch of defeating single lords and gathering(small) armies is much better then joining in for some blowout battle.
I will rescue say groups of 3 or less, but more then that and you are very likely to get somebody killed.
Lets just assume they're all going down, as AI is dum and probably will, if you go in with 5 allies it's a 50% chance one of them will die for good. Yes you can re-load your save, but who wants to do the battle again?

There's actually mods for this. Houses of Calradia for one. TaleWorlds will probably eventually eat that one like they did with Settlement Icons

Basically clans that are low on breeding stock marry ASAP. You'll still lose some clans but this at least gives them a buffer if the campaign goes on long enough.

A proactive aproch of defeating single lords and gathering(small) armies is much better then joining in for some blowout battle.
I will rescue say groups of 3 or less, but more then that and you are very likely to get somebody killed.
Lets just assume they're all going down, as AI is dum and probably will, if you go in with 5 allies it's a 50% chance one of them will die for good. Yes you can re-load your save, but who wants to do the battle again?
It would be boring. I rather give up this campaign.

I play only to the point when I have 3 cities.
This point is earlier as it used to be with the new perks which give obscenene amount of xp for discarded weapons and armors.

A battle simulator where you should avoid the biggest battles or you will wipe out your faction, this has been the state of the game for the latest months...

Back
Top Bottom