Firearms quality

Users who are viewing this thread

For sniping, what's the best firearm in the game to buy?

I head there is als a dual carabine/pistol?

is armor affecting bullets? in the 16e century, calvalry had a heavy breastplate, that could with stand pistol bullets and "rifle" bullets at medium+ ranges.
IIRC, armour manufacturers sold plates with a dent - where the dent was a testshot from a pistol, to prove it's effectiveness.

thnx,

S.

The miquelet musket is good for sniping, and it costs 1000 gold. For factions which don't have it, get the next best thing (the good musket which costs 700 gold).

There is a dual carbine, costs 2000 gold, and reloads like a musket. It's pretty sweet.

Armour does affect bullets. This morning I was constantly shooting at armoured hussars, only to see them get stunned and carry on riding. Some infantry "tank" loadouts also allow them to withstand bullets pretty well.

Silencer74 said:
IIRC, armour manufacturers sold plates with a dent - where the dent was a testshot from a pistol, to prove it's effectiveness.
It was also a scam, they'd use a pistol with a half powder charge to make the dent specifically so they could sell it as bullet proof. Although I guess there wasn't that much chance of anyone returning it for a refund :lol:

Miquelet is the best I've found so far. Accuracy doesn't really improve but it does seem to reload quicker. For sniping I suspect you'd be better off with a bow.

actually Archonsod,

I advise you to read on a studies of metallurgy of medieval armor plates.
Shows that the full armor knights went to heavy breastplates. the thickest ones were used with cavalry, and increased in thickness until the 18e century.

there is even a nice study published on the net, can't find the link atm. if anybody has it please post. uses modern techniques to show armor quality and thickness, in full diagram colours.

Yes, and if you read the accounts of armoursmiths they actually reveal the secrets to that selling tactic :lol:

Blackpowder is by nature inconsistent, one shot can be stopped by thick wool, another shot from the same gun could go through steel, there's a huge amount of variables at work. It's why armour fell out of use for infantry (cavalry retained it because their role shifted to dealing with their fellow cavalry, and a breastplate stops a 19th century sabre just as effectively as it does a 13th century one).

King Harkinian said:
The miquelet musket is good for sniping, and it costs 1000 gold. For factions which don't have it, get the next best thing (the good musket which costs 700 gold).

There is a dual carbine, costs 2000 gold, and reloads like a musket. It's pretty sweet.

Armour does affect bullets. This morning I was constantly shooting at armoured hussars, only to see them get stunned and carry on riding. Some infantry "tank" loadouts also allow them to withstand bullets pretty well.

Is my game bugged then? Because the prices for the weapons you list are at minimum ten times more costly in my game.
Moreso in the case of the dual carbine, which costs +90,000.

Ah, ok, that worried me a bit. Been with M&B since early .4**, but was never terribly interested in the multiplay introduced w/ warband. Had rather thought that this was primarily a single player "expansion." I mean, aren't there already free Warband mods that add guns and, from what I've heard, do it better?

edit. Meant this in relation to the Multiplayer. I already know there are better free mods for single player. Didn't mean to confuse.

Back
Top Bottom