"Fire at will"

Users who are viewing this thread

Not sure where to post this suggestion as it applies to both SP and MP... feel free to move this thread.

The phrase "fire at will" only started being used with the widespread use of firearms. It literally means to use a firearm.

Can we please have this phrase replaced with something else? Both the audio of the character's voice when the player selects the "fire at will" option and the text UI of the "fire at will" option itself should be replaced with something else that actually makes sense in the context of the game setting.

Not sure where to post this suggestion as it applies to both SP and MP... feel free to move this thread.

The phrase "fire at will" only started being used with the widespread use of firearms. It literally means to use a firearm.

Can we please have this phrase replaced with something else? Both the audio of the character's voice when the player selects the "fire at will" option and the text UI of the "fire at will" option itself should be replaced with something else that actually makes sense in the context of the game setting.
Loose arrows is another term the AI uses. They could replace "fire at will!" with "release!" or "let them fly." But honestly I agree with @Lyceria. It's a low fantasy game it doesn't need to be changed. Also, this game has a lot of other things that desperately need fixing.

I get the need for immersion, but I’d rather this game not become a historical driven game. If it did things would be too rigid; developers and future quest writers would be to Constrained and couldn’t get their full creativity out. Just my opinion.

I recognize this is a final polish level of change, and other more important things should be addressed first.

There is a difference between being historically-inspired and being historical, definitely.

But language is important in creating an immersive environment. Not that I think the language itself should adhere to the fictional time period (in terms of the grammar, dialects, etc), but references to things that don't exist in this world shouldn't be okay. If there was a reference to automobiles, computers, or something like that, it would also feel weird to me, and I would think those shouldn't belong.

In the modern english language, you can fire arrows just as you can shoot bullets. See it as a modern convenience or a translation of what's actually being said. But if your immersion is being broken by such a thing, then it was very weak to begin with. Most people have more tolerance for such trivial things than you do.

In the modern english language, you can fire arrows just as you can shoot bullets. See it as a modern convenience or a translation of what's actually being said. But if your immersion is being broken by such a thing, then it was very weak to begin with. Most people have more tolerance for such trivial things than you do.
Not cool man. We all have things that bother us. What might seem trivial to you may not be to someone else.

Lol I already recognized myself it is a trivial thing. I don't think it's game-breaking, just annoying.

i agree with you, @Bronk the Raven.

for those who are saying this is a fantasy game. it already takes the weapons, armour and factions from history. when there is nothing in history, they put what they think fits in.

the fire arrows argument is weak because "fire" could also mean to light the arrows up. what's more important is the game doesn't even have fire arrows.

Most of you guys are forgetting one other phrase that's more fitting when firing arrows:
'Loose!' and 'Loose Arrows!', set free/release the arrow you are withholding.
Benjamin Bones and the OP has a point. However if the 'Fire at will!' line is there, there might just be a small chance TW is planning on implementing Firearms in the game in some theoretical future expansion of Bannerlord similar to the Napoleonic Wars only this time it's available in SP.

Most of you guys are forgetting one other phrase that's more fitting when firing arrows:
'Loose!' and 'Loose Arrows!', set free/release the arrow you are withholding.
Benjamin Bones and the OP has a point. However if the 'Fire at will!' line is there, there might just be a small chance TW is planning on implementing Firearms in the game in some theoretical future expansion of Bannerlord similar to the Napoleonic Wars only this time it's available in SP.
Were firearms in warband? If not that wouldn’t make sense

I can live with "Fire at will" although I can understand the OP and would see a change to a more immersive command as a nice gesture, so to say the very last of game changes.

BTW refering to the fantasy world of Calradia here does not make sense at all. You can counter with this badly thought out historical transfers (like: "in our medieval times there were no female soldiers, must not be in the game then…", which is stupid) but not things which come from the inner logic of the fantasy world. A fantasy world without firearms would not use a "fire" command, exactly as in our world, period.

Back
Top Bottom