Fire arrows in bannerlord.

Users who are viewing this thread

supersaiyan121 said:
Watch at 32 Seconds

That's probably a flaming ballista shot not an actual arrow.  Since there already are the "flame/ smokey trail" particle effects for flame shot ballistas and catapults, it probably shouldn't be hard to mod flaming arrows into the game.

Since fire damage is now a thing, especially for siege equipment,  I thing fire arrows would be a big deal for siege defenders to have.  It would e similar to Total war sieges where fire arrows targeted at siege equipment would burn them down.

Maybe "fire arrows"  could be a siege prep choice for the defenders in the pre siege window ( the same one where you choose which siege equipment ypu want to build).  It would take the least ammount of time to prep compared to the ballistas, catapults etc....The logic behind that being that the defenders just need to fill buckest of tar and line them across the wall (possible near lit torches)

An additional cool feature would be that if these tar buckets are hit by the enemy's flame shot, they would explode into flames and set nearby defenders on fire... similar to the flame explosion caused by throwing the tar pots onto the attackers from the murder hole above the main gate.

This makes flame arrows a double edged sword for the defenders.... with cool visuals

I wonder why torches and fire arrows were completely removed. I'm guessing it ended up causing performance issues.
Probably same reason as Banners; they had added them technically to the game but not worked out how they would actually function. I imagine you may see these features (like banners) return possibly before the end of EA.

Flaming arrows are pretty impractical if you think about it. The added weight of a flammable rag would mean less range and the padding of the arrow head will significantly reduce the trauma inflicted. Whatever wounds that the flaming rag would do would likely be superficial as it will most likely not piece the skin let alone muscle tissue

Flaming arrows are pretty impractical if you think about it. The added weight of a flammable rag would mean less range and the padding of the arrow head will significantly reduce the trauma inflicted. Whatever wounds that the flaming rag would do would likely be superficial as it will most likely not piece the skin let alone muscle tissue
Agreed. But visually they look amazing and when you consider that 90% of our interactions with video games is visual; I'm happy for them to blur the lines on realism to introduce something like this.

Fire arrows used against people? nah, makes no sense.
Fire arrows used in sieges to cause panic in the city? Sounds good to me. But since it would require making the "panic" actually do something tangible....
Yea, probably not happening.

Fire arrows in open field battles are just a Hollywood fantasy. They were used in sieges but that´s it.

They won´t add much to the game beside looking cool.

I wonder what strain it might put onto the GPU if we now need many many tiny fire effects and trailing smoke...maybe because of this we won't get them? And btw.: Why would you want to cauterize an arrow wound with the same arrow? You want to kill with the arrow, not save lifes :wink:
To have burning soldiers? They do not wear polyester clothes (highly flammable) like us, but cotton and wool (not very inflammable).

Last edited:
I wonder what strain it might put onto the GPU if we now need many many tiny fire effects and trailing smoke...maybe because of this we won't get them? And btw.: Why would you want to cauterize an arrow wound with the same arrow? You want to kill with the arrow, not save lifes :wink:
I just wanna see siege towers and buildings burn. I suppose there are flaming ballistae in the game, just no burning animation.

Firearrows are AWESOME. If you are still on 1.5.5, this mod will work. Watch them fly at night. They are so cool to watch and once you see them, you will love them. I am hoping someone will update this mod for 1.5.7 as it's been abandoned a 1.5.5. I just posted a thread asking about it (assuming creator is fine). Seems like a pretty simple mod. https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/795. There is also a 2nd one. These are the only two that are available according to my searches. Neither work beyond 1.5.5 https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2394?tab=description Thank you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom