Fire and Sword Version 1.141 is ready

Users who are viewing this thread

Such crash are solved for me if I use Dx7 instead of 9. Hard sacrifice sure, but its work  :mrgreen:
Thanks for the job made on this patch & his change log. Especialy for your precisions, Mexxico, about economic feature.

In Taleworlds we trust !

p.s. Good to see you, Armagan, on the breach again  :wink:

Gaunt said:
Wheem said:
My game is actually locking up quite often now, usually when going into a battle (even some small ones). It has occasionally happened during the battles as well, and often manifests in a way that I've only ever seen before with one Warband mod; the screen will be frozen on a particular frame, but it seems to rock back and forth slightly. Sometimes I can hear some battle sounds in the background as well, but all I can do is Alt + F4 and close the game down to get out.

I used to get that in cRPG, alt-tabbing out and then in again usually worked.
Ah that actually works, thanks; but it keeps doing it again every few seconds :evil:.

I don't remember it doing this to me yesterday, and I turned Load Textures On Demand off today, so I'll turn that back on and see if it makes any impact. (Turned it off because that was a suggestion for a different problem I've had since one of the Warband patches - sometimes I'll get a <= 1 second pause/stutter/skip when causing damage to an enemy soldier.)

Falkai said:
Very impress with all the fixes and changes. They were beyond my expectations and surprise me. Thanks for the time taken to do this. One question:

When I go to a major and request a caravan the list of cities available has been reduce compared with prior to the patch. Is this intentional or a possible bug?

I notice this as well and was wondering the same thing. Before, you could trade with any city or fort now you seem to be restricted to specific locations. I when over the list and this is cities you trade with:

Koenigsberg, Reval, Kiev, Vilna, Sich, Warsaw, Lviv, Moscow, Pskov, Azaq-kale, Cherkassk, Riga, Smolensk, Bakhchisaray, Chernigov, Krakov, Akkerman, Kyzykermen.

It seems limited but maybe there is a reason for it.

Is patch 1.141 coming through GamersGate any time soon? I just looked, and it's still only at 1.140

But from what I've read in the patch details (Original post), I'm impressed by the input from the community. Please keep up the good work, and please, don't listen to the people who can't deal with a shift from Warband. It is a very good game in  it's own right, and it does not need to be a copy of it's predecessor.

The Spanier said:
Falkai said:
Very impress with all the fixes and changes. They were beyond my expectations and surprise me. Thanks for the time taken to do this. One question:

When I go to a major and request a caravan the list of cities available has been reduce compared with prior to the patch. Is this intentional or a possible bug?

I notice this as well and was wondering the same thing. Before, you could trade with any city or fort now you seem to be restricted to specific locations. I when over the list and this is cities you trade with:

Koenigsberg, Reval, Kiev, Vilna, Sich, Warsaw, Lviv, Moscow, Pskov, Azaq-kale, Cherkassk, Riga, Smolensk, Bakhchisaray, Chernigov, Krakov, Akkerman, Kyzykermen.

It seems limited but maybe there is a reason for it.

There are already AI merchant caravans travelling between nearby towns as you know. As example, each caravan travel between "town A" and "town B" makes prices a bit closer in these towns. If "town A" produces "pottery" and "smoked fish" well, their prices are low at that town as expected and whenever an AI caravan moves between "town A" and "town B" "smoked fish" and "pottery" prices get a bit low in also "town B". Now this makes if an item is not produced in any of nearby towns this item will be expensive in that area. This is working well in towns and villages. But castles damage this balance a bit. So we want players to think where to sell while they are starting a new merchant trade, thats why we only limited them with towns. If we do not do this selecting nearest castle will generally make good profits with very short travel time (short travel distance means also less looting danger) then any player will not select far towns for trading. Also if we care reality issues, population of castles are so low compared to towns and they do not need that much item. It is not so logical selling them tons of item and make good profits.

Also offering a huge selection list to player does not seem good in any part of game. List was not even alphabetical. It can be hard for players to find their real target between centers but this last reason has really low effect, real reasons are explained in above paragraph.

Now, I am aware it is hard to gain money then you used to. I think when some overpriced item costs are a bit lowered everything will be ok. Problem is not the fixing of broken trade system, problem is huge item costs. Now player have to know which towns produce which goods and where to sell any good to make maximum profit and these production values will change game by game and time by time slowly and randomly. This increased the depth of game. Try to get used it and I hope you will like it.

This is good but im having a problem with it.

im a steam user and on the start up page it says i am running 1.141.
when i play single player everything is fine but going on a multiplayer server it says the servers are running 1.141 and im running 1.140.

but very strangely when i try going on a older multiplayer server it says i cant because i am running 1.141.

I really want to player online but this problem is preventing me!!! :cry:

Realy love lower money, it forces me to watch my money and to refrain from recruitong expensive mercs. When you have low money questing is also way more fun

nox said:
diggitydiggity said:
I still get the bug where I talk to lords in my faction and they tell me 'you got away the last time' and I lose relations points...
And the game crashes at some random points which didn't happen before iirc

Did you ever fight with these lords previously? 

How did you enter the faction?  Are you a vassal of the king of a faction?  This needs to be entered as a bug, and with as much detail as possible, please.

I'm merc for the poles, and no, never fought these lords:

Here's a good example

Hi,

I have only one, simple question:

Why ALLWAYS east Europe (Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus etc.) have to wait a month to get own playable language version of this game, why don't released supported versions to this country with english version? We pay to less or sth like that? I just dont know, why i payed for a game, and i have to wait few weeks to play in MP just because our national publisherss didn't get patch?

What is the effect? a lot of people can't play MP with rest of Europe because of, exactly, because of what?

I have a complaint about one of the earliest quests in the game. The quest where you have to pay ransom for a girl is bugged. You get the money
to pay the ransom for her but I decided to kill the bandits instead. Even though she joins my party the Mayor doesn't seem to acknowledge that.
I just get the option "what if I can't finish the quest" or something in that order...

wannyboy said:
Realy love lower money, it forces me to watch my money and to refrain from recruitong expensive mercs. When you have low money questing is also way more fun

You are absolutely right by my opinion. I also have one question - does the crouching improves accuracy for shooting or not. I mean is it important for the gameplay or is it just a cosmetic add-on ?

tomzicare said:
I have a complaint about one of the earliest quests in the game. The quest where you have to pay ransom for a girl is bugged. You get the money
to pay the ransom for her but I decided to kill the bandits instead. Even though she joins my party the Mayor doesn't seem to acknowledge that.
I just get the option "what if I can't finish the quest" or something in that order...
well i get that ransom money too but if you decide to kill bandits, you can keep it. I could deliver girl without any problems.
wildyracing said:
wannyboy said:

You are absolutely right by my opinion. I also have one question - does the crouching improves accuracy for shooting or not. I mean is it important for the gameplay or is it just a cosmetic add-on ?
i don't think so, but it allows to form 2 ranks of marksmen without troubling the sight of the backrow because those in the front are sitting. Pikemen also tend to crouch, i'm not sure why but i think they deliver more damage to charging horses this way. It's also usefull because a sitting target is harder to hit with a musket bullet, in siege i tend o sit on top of the ladder with a shield while defending and because i can crouch, the shield covers my entire body(with only skill level 1) so i don't have to worry about bulelts.

Dont have noticed any accuracy bonus, but it is not only "cosmetic" in all case.
Its allow you to build 2 fire lines as AI can shoot without moving right over the head of crouched line.

umm the bugs

that's the fifth time I am going to restart the game

when it comes to third time to load

always something happens!
I saw everybody is a sword
yes bogdan hmelnitski is a sword,a sword which has a head

what a bug!

already read about the swordheadbug somewhere else, it was already there before this patch but dunno what they did to fix it, try searching, maybe you can find it

BUG :
Female armor

Some armors dont work with female model :
- alldays robe
- some kuntush (not all) & luxurious one
I dont have done exhaustiv test.

Osviux said:
I hope that you changed the Polish Republic name otherwise I am going to rage
[me=Caba]coughs *[/me]
Armagan said:
Single Player:
-------------
Added starting option to play the game with a female character. All armor pieces have been given proper morphs when equipped by female characters.
All dialog has been readjusted for accounting for female player characters.
Renamed the faction "Polish Republic" to "Polish Commonwealth"

Caba`drin said:
Osviux said:
I hope that you changed the Polish Republic name otherwise I am going to rage
[me=Caba]coughs *[/me]
Armagan said:
Single Player:
-------------
Added starting option to play the game with a female character. All armor pieces have been given proper morphs when equipped by female characters.
All dialog has been readjusted for accounting for female player characters.
Renamed the faction "Polish Republic" to "Polish Commonwealth"
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
That didn't change anything.

Back
Top Bottom