Fire and Sword Version 1.141 is ready

Users who are viewing this thread

well i must say that i dont like the new pricing system. troops and items are still VERY expensive and because of firearms your casualties are high most of the time (so you have to recruit new men all night long). leaving me completly broken without enough money to buy my troops some food.

you seriously should fix that! right now i dont even have to think about getting best in slot items because its simply not possible while you are at permanent war (which happens 99,99% of the time in fire&sword).
also the time you have to reach the game goal (ie the days you have before you loose stats) is way to short in comparison to the time it takes to get "leveled up and equiped".

as of know i do the same thing i did since fire & sword release:
i stick to warband and give f&s a try once avery few weeks/months after new pachtes/mods came out...

LostHero said:
well i must say that i dont like the new pricing system. troops and items are still VERY expensive and because of firearms your casualties are high most of the time (so you have to recruit new men all night long). leaving me completly broken without enough money to buy my troops some food.

you seriously should fix that! right now i dont even have to think about getting best in slot items because its simply not possible while you are at permanent war (which happens 99,99% of the time in fire&sword).
also the time you have to reach the game goal (ie the days you have before you loose stats) is way to short in comparison to the time it takes to get "leveled up and equiped".

as of know i do the same thing i did since fire & sword release:
i stick to warband and give f&s a try once avery few weeks/months after new pachtes/mods came out...
do you lose stat after some time? that's just stupid. But food should indeed be more accessible

There's going to be a period of adjustment while people settle in to the economy.  As it was before, "best slot' gear was trivially accessible by exploiting a fairly broken mechanic.  That has obviously led to some expectations, which will adjust with time.

If you guys are having trouble getting good gear early on, look for Winged Hussar deserters in the Polish lands. I've found and defeated some in groups of 4, and you have a chance at getting their armor after a very easy battle (as long as you have a horse and a ranged weapon). I'm on day 10 and wearing Winged Hussar Mail, though my weapons are still pretty bad.

As far as the economy in general goes, I've only been able to find one good caravan run so far; 20 pottery from the Crimean capitol to Kiev with 1 guard cost me 370 denars, and it sold for 2,660. While that run isn't going to make you rich, it helps out in the early game. So far, the other goods that I've found have either been too expensive for me to finance yet, or not plentiful enough (though I did buy some salt at a decent price from a different Crimean city, and have made a little money selling that on my own).

Lowering costs on some weapons and armor may be in order, but I don't think it should be too drastic, and some of the lower end items should probably keep the same prices that they have now. The previous economy pretty much made looting superfluous (unless you refused to abuse the way caravans worked before).

nox said:
There's going to be a period of adjustment while people settle in to the economy.  As it was before, "best slot' gear was trivially accessible by exploiting a fairly broken mechanic.  That has obviously led to some expectations, which will adjust with time.

Yeah the best slot stuff should take some time and effort to get, but I for one was referring to the mid-level gear. The cheapest pikemen armors, typical lances and bows, wheel lock muskets etc. Are you saying this can be gotten fairly easily through trading foodstuffs?

I remember that before I learned of the exploit I was getting very frustrated by the lack of income from looting etc. compared to prices (except for the really bad gear).

and what about the "special horse"  (thoroughbred horse) you can order for 90k but find BETTER (heavy thoroughbred horse) ones for a fractal of that prize at normal horse merchants?

Royamarn said:
Good job on the patch
I do have a bit of negative feedback tho:
Party size : 176/143 ?? :p

Party size formula is revised. We were aware that situation will occur in some old saves but this will not lead any serios problems only for some time you will not be able to recruit new troops. Old version's formula was broken, numbers were not matching with actual party max size in party size report menu.

hi steam auto patched my copy of the game to 1.141 a couple days ago and it is absolutely awsome, one problem... i cant do anything for long before it crashes... its fairly uniform with when i start a new game or load a game it crashes sometimes it lets me through but then its random but requent before it crashes, i also cannot enter multiplayer games without it crashing except for one time when it immidiately crashed anyway.

i dont care much abotu any other bugs but this one is really frustrating and is making it impossable to play the game for me, please please please release a patch to fix it

Good upgrades, especially in formation orders (i was expecting something like that when i bought the game, so i'm happy now) BUT, as i said on the steam forum grenades are now useless compared to endless bullets and powder bags... for the record, firepower was used since the 13th century in europe... not massively of course but u need to be accurate to be taken seriously...

After this patch I'm still struggling with a bug where I get a screen popping up with a letter to the secret service clerk with some stuff about the templars in riga.
Then when clicking on continue the mirza I captured earlier will start talking to me and from this point on, I'm stuck in a loophole between a conversation with that mirza, and with the secret service clerk letter popping up.

I've found no way out of this besides starting all over again.

I think the market prices may be a little lower, but for ordinary stuff only. Masterwork and hand-made items should cost high as they are right now. As for food, I like it that way 1.141 with high prices. It makes the game more challenging and realistic. I don't think that a full cart of chickens should cost 5 talers, eh ? Let the developers leave it that way, or maybe a compromise desicion, but for god's sake don't make the food prices low as before. Warband style rulez.

I still get the bug where I talk to lords in my faction and they tell me 'you got away the last time' and I lose relations points...
And the game crashes at some random points which didn't happen before iirc

I agree about the disposable grenades being useless. It's too much hassle buying and re-equipping them between each battle. The low ammo count of the grenades in earlier version was balancing enough. It would be nice to have some some grenade troops also in the game.

Very impress with all the fixes and changes. They were beyond my expectations and surprise me. Thanks for the time taken to do this. One question:

When I go to a major and request a caravan the list of cities available has been reduce compared with prior to the patch. Is this intentional or a possible bug?

diggitydiggity said:
I still get the bug where I talk to lords in my faction and they tell me 'you got away the last time' and I lose relations points...
And the game crashes at some random points which didn't happen before iirc

Did you ever fight with these lords previously? 

How did you enter the faction?  Are you a vassal of the king of a faction?  This needs to be entered as a bug, and with as much detail as possible, please.

Hey I'm really loving the update, only beef I have is ever since the patch came out my game will randomly crash. It's not my computer because every other game works fine. I didn't see any other post. I don't know if it's a problem through Steam, but I would realy like to play this more without having an interruption.

Thought I'd add to this by saying that the game crashes at any point whether I'm walking around the map or in the middle of a conversation or fight.

My game is actually locking up quite often now, usually when going into a battle (even some small ones). It has occasionally happened during the battles as well, and often manifests in a way that I've only ever seen before with one Warband mod; the screen will be frozen on a particular frame, but it seems to rock back and forth slightly. Sometimes I can hear some battle sounds in the background as well, but all I can do is Alt + F4 and close the game down to get out.

Wheem said:
My game is actually locking up quite often now, usually when going into a battle (even some small ones). It has occasionally happened during the battles as well, and often manifests in a way that I've only ever seen before with one Warband mod; the screen will be frozen on a particular frame, but it seems to rock back and forth slightly. Sometimes I can hear some battle sounds in the background as well, but all I can do is Alt + F4 and close the game down to get out.

I used to get that in cRPG, alt-tabbing out and then in again usually worked.

Back
Top Bottom