Fire and Sword Version 1.141 is ready

Users who are viewing this thread

Regarding the economy, what increases or decreases a place's prosperity?

I sometimes see a village that is Very Rich, and wonder how that happens.

original said:
Regarding the economy, what increases or decreases a place's prosperity?

I sometimes see a village that is Very Rich, and wonder how that happens.

Most important reason is loots. If that village is not looted for a long time, it can be very rich. Also every village has villagers carrying their goods to their bound centers (centers they are connected (castle/town)) periodically and after each carrying process completes village gain 1 prosperity with some small probability. Also if player buy some items from village then money at village increases, additionally each week village gains very less money automaticly and after that money become greater than some limit it converts to 1 prosperity.

Oh thank you so much, developers ! I simply have never seen such a responsibility from a game creators to their fans. Even two things that I personally have suggested are fixed. I respect you very much for that and for listening to other gamers. I will play the new patch and submit, if I see something wrong. Keep up the good work.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. @nox, thank you personally for your participation in the forum dialogs.

wannyboy said:
I read quite some topics on this forum and i'm amazed by the amount of suggestions hat were actually put in. Couching and females by example are asked quite often. I also spotted high and low stab attack with the spear and holding muskets by barrel at melee mode, some things i was asking for. Too bad high and low stab with rapier wasnt included. I got a feeling like the beta just ended and we now get to play the actual game
I'll say it once more, amazing patch, gonna enjoy it

I forgot to say that your suggestion is great. All Thrusting attack on all thrusting weapons should be 2 kinds, because now thrusting swords are almost useless with 1 stabbing attack - it is pretty easy to block, when you know for sure where the hit will come from.
And I think reloading muskets should always resume from where it was stopped, no matter if the player moved or being hit with something. It is logical, reload a little, move to cover, continue to reload - I don't see the point of starting the process all over again. This would continue to contribute balancing pistols/muskets.

EDIT: I played just right now with the new patch and I saw that you did implement moving reload for muskets. Awesome. Thanks !

Also, I red in some posts here in this topic that some people are not feeling good because the trade exploits have been removed. I consider those "exploits" cheating and I hate every way of cheating. So thumbs up for the developers for removing any kind of bug/cheat/non-balance/exploit.

wildyracing said:
Also, I red in some posts here in this topic that some people are not feeling good because the trade exploits have been removed. I consider those "exploits" cheating and I hate every way of cheating. So thumbs up for the developers for removing any kind of bug/cheat/non-balance/exploit.

Not exactly, we are worried because the economical system was unbalanced and costs too high, which were previously mitigated by the exploit. Removing the exploit exacerbates the original problem. For example, before I knew about it I could poor hours into the game and not be near affording myself custom weapons or nades, it was only after I read about it here I could afford anything. I'm not saying we should keep this though as highly equipped mercs are too easy to get tons of if the exploit was not fixed. So kudos for fixing it. But the prices remain as high except for a few changes.

Wow thanks for this patch, it just made Fire and Sword twice the game and since this is an early patch im sure the developers will even make it 10 times better  :lol:

When installing the new patch i lost a few men in my party. I also got my party size reduced from 148 to 111.  :roll:

Now that musket reloading doesnt make us sitting ducks, i would suggest increasing the reloading time with a few seconds to prevent the game becoming too much of a shooter. Also you should nerf horse archers (at least in multiplayer) by doing what they did in Warband, not allow them to get the best horses but only the average ones.

The last thing i think needs to be changed: increase the damage of lances and pikes, its quite depressing to charge at full speed thrusting your lance into some low armored musketeers heart, only to see him at more than half hp left. The same with pikes, they are supposed to be cavalry countering weapons, but when a horse needs 4 stabs after an initial one where you stopped the horse (which probably charged at full speed and should realisticly already be dead, but nevermind), its almost impossible to bring a horseman down after you have stopped him unless he has already taken damage. In my opinion lances charged at full speed should kill in 1 strike for low armored people and 2-3 for the heavily armored ones - the strike can be avoided anyway, so its only fair really. A pike should (if used properly of course) take down a horse in 2-4 hits depending on the horse.

Thalamond said:
Now that musket reloading doesnt make us sitting ducks, i would suggest increasing the reloading time with a few seconds to prevent the game becoming too much of a shooter. Also you should nerf horse archers (at least in multiplayer) by doing what they did in Warband, not allow them to get the best horses but only the average ones.

The last thing i think needs to be changed: increase the damage of lances and pikes, its quite depressing to charge at full speed thrusting your lance into some low armored musketeers heart, only to see him at more than half hp left. The same with pikes, they are supposed to be cavalry countering weapons, but when a horse needs 4 stabs after an initial one where you stopped the horse (which probably charged at full speed and should realisticly already be dead, but nevermind), its almost impossible to bring a horseman down after you have stopped him unless he has already taken damage. In my opinion lances charged at full speed should kill in 1 strike for low armored people and 2-3 for the heavily armored ones - the strike can be avoided anyway, so its only fair really. A pike should (if used properly of course) take down a horse in 2-4 hits depending on the horse.

I am pretty sure they increased the damage this patch. I was using a lance with 32 damage and almost every stab was a kill.

OMG nice update!!!

By the way, When will you do a update for warband? Yes that game you made long time ago.

I noticed my double barrel dutch carabine still hits with the barrel. Also i cant use it as melee while riding on a horse. I do like that the ai now acts like i is supposed to do while defending a wagon circle and i end up with a whole lot more casualities than usual. The only thing is dislike is that they raised food prices. It was awesome to be able to buy food even if you just started the game without any problems. There should be some very cheap low morale food and some more expensive high morale food. (by cheap i mean about 5 thaler and by high morale i mean about 7)

Thalamond said:

I think we need a pike equivalent to couched lance damage, making it more risky to charge cav into a pike group.

Also, I say keep the recruitment system as is. Just because people can't shift from warband, doesn't mean that a good system should be disregarded

I think you guys should put up another "gametrailer" with these new changes, they're incredible and would probably attract one or two.

Great Job with these new changes, they add a handful of new and fun stuff. The Crouching is especially useful, I liked it a lot in 1866.

The Musket, Pistol, and rifle sounds are great!

Great changes. I like the hit physics and new sounds. It also feels like the enemy is less likely to flee and battles are more interesting.

Right now early-game economy is working well. You buy food from villages cheap, and sell them at higher prices in towns. This was such a simple and good fix that I wonder how come I never thought of it.

Also love the new musket sounds, and also being able to see where your shot landed. The light effects at night is also nice.

I'm really digging the patch so far, but I noticed one minor problem remains - the Muscovites still have the "Marksman Spearman" unit. It does appear that one other unit name/equipment issue was fixed though; Poor Cossacks and Poor Cossack Pikemen apparently had their equipment (or names) reversed prior to 1.141, but that seems corrected now.

Has anyone played enough with a new game yet to see if enemy commanders still make comments about the player abandoning his men on the field, even if you've never fled or withdrawn from battle? That always bugged me before, how dare they say such things about my honor! /glove-slap

Wheem said:
I'm really digging the patch so far, but I noticed one minor problem remains - the Muscovites still have the "Marksman Spearman" unit. It does appear that one other unit name/equipment issue was fixed though; Poor Cossacks and Poor Cossack Pikemen apparently had their equipment (or names) reversed prior to 1.141, but that seems corrected now.

Has anyone played enough with a new game yet to see if enemy commanders still make comments about the player abandoning his men on the field, even if you've never fled or withdrawn from battle? That always bugged me before, how dare they say such things about my honor! /glove-slap

Agreed on those commanders being stupid. I wanted to just out right attack those guys for that kind of behavior to me.

Back
Top Bottom