Fire and Sword Version 1.141 is ready

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone else find the new village quest of stopping the bandits at midnight too punishing?

I had to face eight guys with muskets all alone and I spawned in the middle of no cover....

Hatonastick said:
I haven't got time to run through 10 pages or so to find out if this has already been suggested, so I'll just say it and risk looking like an idiot (hey I'm used to it):  Please look at giving rapiers the spear/pike treatment. ie. a low and a high thrust.
jep i already mentioned it. Actually kinda stupid, i had suggested somewhere before to do high/low stab with rapier, then comes patch and i see only spears do it

jep i already mentioned it. Actually kinda stupid, i had suggested somewhere before to do high/low stab with rapier, then comes patch and i see only spears do it
[/quote]

Would be fun to see stabs for all four directions and matching rapier-style parries for them.
Or they could just add weaker horizontal swings.

juicemaestro said:
wannyboy said:

Would be fun to see stabs for all four directions and matching rapier-style parries for them.
horizontally swings probably won't do. A rapier is so thin that it would probably break as soon as someone blocks it with a little force

wannyboy said:
juicemaestro said:

horizontally swings probably won't do. A rapier is so thin that it would probably break as soon as someone blocks it with a little force
[/quote]

Erh... rapiers are flexible. They are designed to block and parry other swords. I doubt you could easily break one without having it trapped between some leverage

oh well, then they won't break, but if flexible, they will do so low damage that enemy attack won't be interrupted

i have a suggestion, can we have some kinda interface for actually setting up your formations in battle? kinda like in total war click and drag while in the backspace menu thing or maybe a way to merge marksmen and infantry lines like 1st line pikement 2nd and 3rd line marksmen stuff like that, jusdt top add a little more stratergy and customising to the formations it just feels like theres a really awsome foundation for a truely epic formations option and maybe add the option of setting specific rows the crouch command manually or a way to do the new orders quickly or summin

Azuchi said:
i have a suggestion, can we have some kinda interface for actually setting up your formations in battle? kinda like in total war click and drag while in the backspace menu thing or maybe a way to merge marksmen and infantry lines like 1st line pikement 2nd and 3rd line marksmen stuff like that, jusdt top add a little more stratergy and customising to the formations it just feels like theres a really awsome foundation for a truely epic formations option and maybe add the option of setting specific rows the crouch command manually or a way to do the new orders quickly or summin
Even without the ability to drag, the current system is quite flexible. You can use Shift to select more than one group at a time and either hold down F1 and use the flag or click on the backspace menu to give the order to hold that position. Once the groups are in an arrangement you like (say three line arrangement you indicated above) you can use "Advance 10 paces" repeatedly to have them maintain that formation while advancing, for instance.

Definite room for improvements, but I'm not anticipating any major changes like that prior to the advent of "project obvious".

"charge while holding formation" would definitly add something, then you could just line up your hussars and let them perform a wall of dead

DO WANT...

WANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANT.
Also, love you guys so much.

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Yw75xFFMo

The above is a link to a video that shows many of the new mechanics in Fire & Sword, and I felt like sharing it because I think it, and possibly another minor bugfix patch if needed have finished the project.
Here is another video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMN74cQLaro

Glorious.

is there anyway you guys can implement units to run quickly to formation?

For example, if their muskets are primed they move REALLY slow since they're in aiming mode.

It sucks when you're trying to advance the line.

Nameless123 said:
Hey where is the download link???
http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_wfas_upgrade_1138_to_1141.exe
or
http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_wfas_upgrade_1138_to_1141.exe

Nameless123 said:
Hey i have 1.139 version and can i directly install it on that version?
Yes.

Back
Top Bottom