MP Other Fire and Smoke: A Sound Modification for Muskets, Artillery and Explosions

Users who are viewing this thread

The musket sounds are the mod sounds in the folder but they don't work in game, however the sounds for when the bullet whizzes past and the bullet impact sounds are the mod sounds  :???:

ok, everyone whos having problems with the mod "not working", go into the folder for mount and blade in the folder string --- (Local Disk (or whatever HD) >Program Files>Steam>steamapps>common>mountblade warband>modules>Napoleonic Wars) INSTEAD OF USING (Local Disk>Program Files>Mount & Blade Warband) this helped for me, and i hope i helped others too!

This maybee stupid queston but will this mod works in NW multiplayer?

Cheers

Sloth said:

Cheers
The sounds work both in multiplayer and custom battles, and will not be interpreted as cheats nor cause performance issues or crashes. There would not be much point to the mod if that were not the case. Hope you enjoy the sounds.

andeve3 said:
Sloth said:

Cheers
The sounds work both in multiplayer and custom battles, and will not be interpreted as cheats nor cause performance issues or crashes. There would not be much point to the mod if that were not the case. Hope you enjoy the sounds.

Thank you!

I can't get it to work, but I did notice something strange. The first time I moved those sound files into the sound folder, it didn't ask me if I wanted to replace anything. And I didn't remove the original files, so they just got dropped in (subsequent attempts DID ask, but I think I was replacing mod files with mod files, not replacing the origins). So I think I screwed it up that way. Not sure how to rectify the problem now without a reinstall.

How do you download?

Is there some sort of tutorial somewhere?
  :mrgreen:

JamesThompson said:
How do you download?

Is there some sort of tutorial somewhere?
  :mrgreen:

It's right on the topic...

"Installation

- Locate the directory where warband is installed, open the "Modules" folder, then the Napoleonic Wars folder, then place the files within the "Sounds" folder.
- If you have warband on steam the placement will probably look like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Napoleonic Wars\Sounds
- I advise you keep the default files saved elsewhere to make reverting easier, alternately you can verify the integrity of the game on steam.
- I also suggest that you disable the "sound variation" option, in the configuration menu of the splash screen, as it will make some sounds unrealistic if enabled."

Back
Top Bottom