- Best answers
The Fire and Smoke sound modification seeks to alter the atmosphere of the game by replacing the following sounds:
- All musket and rifle firing and impact sounds
- All cannon firing and impact sounds
- All rocket firing and impact sounds
- All explosion sounds
The musket sounds have previously been used in forum user solecist's "Sound and Smoke FX" mod for With Fire & Sword,
other sounds have been compiled from sound mods for Empire: Total War and Napoleon: Total War.
I have done some minor mixing, and altered the files as to make them function properly in Napoleonic Wars,
it is solecist who deserves most of the credit for the creation of this sound pack.
The Reenactor's Musket Sounds
The reenactor's musket sounds are a set of musket sounds recorded outdoors, the only mixing these files have undergone is the removal of some of the background noise (birds/mumbling) and an increase in volume,
thus they are very natural, closer to the actual recordings. The download link for the reenactor's musket sounds also contains the artillery and explosion sounds from the Fire and Smoke sound pack.
- Locate the directory where warband is installed, open the "Modules" folder, then the Napoleonic Wars folder, then place the files within the "Sounds" folder.
- If you have warband on steam the placement will probably look like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Napoleonic Wars\Sounds
- I advise you keep the default files saved elsewhere to make reverting easier, alternately you can verify the integrity of the game on steam.
- I also suggest that you disable the "sound variation" option, in the configuration menu of the splash screen, as it will make some sounds unrealistic if enabled.
I hope you enjoy these sounds as much as I do.