MP Other Fire and Smoke: A Sound Modification for Muskets, Artillery and Explosions

Users who are viewing this thread

andeve3

Recruit
2hi14jo.jpg

The Fire and Smoke sound modification seeks to alter the atmosphere of the game by replacing the following sounds:

- All musket and rifle firing and impact sounds
- All cannon firing and impact sounds
- All rocket firing and impact sounds
- All explosion sounds

The musket sounds have previously been used in forum user solecist's "Sound and Smoke FX" mod for With Fire & Sword,
other sounds have been compiled from sound mods for Empire: Total War and Napoleon: Total War.
I have done some minor mixing, and altered the files as to make them function properly in Napoleonic Wars,
it is solecist who deserves most of the credit for the creation of this sound pack.

The Reenactor's Musket Sounds

The reenactor's musket sounds are a set of musket sounds recorded outdoors, the only mixing these files have undergone is the removal of some of the background noise (birds/mumbling) and an increase in volume,
thus they are very natural, closer to the actual recordings. The download link for the reenactor's musket sounds also contains the artillery and explosion sounds from the Fire and Smoke sound pack.

Installation

- Locate the directory where warband is installed, open the "Modules" folder, then the Napoleonic Wars folder, then place the files within the "Sounds" folder.
- If you have warband on steam the placement will probably look like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Napoleonic Wars\Sounds
- I advise you keep the default files saved elsewhere to make reverting easier, alternately you can verify the integrity of the game on steam.
- I also suggest that you disable the "sound variation" option, in the configuration menu of the splash screen, as it will make some sounds unrealistic if enabled.

I hope you enjoy these sounds as much as I do.

Menelaos16 said:
Great work you've done, mind if I add it to my community collection?
I would be happy to see it added to the list.

psychopigeon said:
Thanks. Would it be possible to make a sound for incoming artillery also?
Yes that is possible, the sound emitting from the travelling cannon ball is a simple loop, that could be replaced easily.

Gamer2da said:
Is this any similar to Khans sound mod?
Not much, most of the sounds are "softer" than the ones in Khan's mod. This mod changes all the musket and rifle firing sounds, where khan's mod replaced most of them. In short the two mods sound different, and have different amounts of audio files changed.

jezza93 said:
Hey I really like what you've done here :smile: how would you feel about this being used in the American Revolution mod? (Providing I consult the team first)
I think that would work nicely, you are welcome to use the sounds.

andeve3 said:
jezza93 said:
Hey I really like what you've done here :smile: how would you feel about this being used in the American Revolution mod? (Providing I consult the team first)
I think that would work nicely, you are welcome to use the sounds.

Well if we do we'll be sure to give you credit :grin:

OP updated with download link to the new version of the mod. The new version includes new artillery and explosion sounds, altering all artillery related sounds except the sound of the rocket travelling.

I did a double review of this and Beta's Retextures, I'll have it up by the end of the week :grin:.

OP updated yet again, this time with an entirely new set of sounds. These sounds are far rawer, recorded outdoors. I will probably mix the echo on them further in the future. Curious as to what people think of them.

ThaNightmare48 said:
Very very very well work boy! This community keeps this game alive.

This sexy gurl is just for you!
mb34.jpg

:lol:

I-I'll be in my bunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD3yBQxoyOg&feature=youtu.be

There is that review :grin:. It's not a professional review by any means, and is quite rough but was fun to make all the same :smile:

OP updated, both the fire and smoke pack and the the reenactor's musket sounds have received further mixing, as well as additional sounds. Both packs now contain new rocket sounds, artillery sounds and explosion sounds. I am happy with the improvements made, I have not had too much time to test them however.

Back
Top Bottom