Finding CD key?

Users who are viewing this thread

First off I am NOT asking for a CD Key.

Okay, I was wondering if there is anywhere in the Mount&Blade folder where I can find my CD key listed? I bought the game about 3 years ago and in that time have misplaced it, but now I want to replace the computer I originally had it on and can't find the key.

If there is no way around this is it possible to put the whole game on disc and transfer it? Or would I still need to use my key to verify it on another computer? Thanks.

You can see the key in the registry.

Click the start menu, then click on ''run''.
Typ: regedit, hit enter.
You'll see some screen popping up.
+ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
+ SOFTWARE
Look for mount and blade (at the M :razz:)
+ it.
Click on some folders, on the right side of the screen, when you look in the right folder you'll see the Key.

DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING IN THE REGISTRY!

You can destroy, yes destroy your computer with doing that, everything is listed there, if you deleted a wrong file your computer wont boost up anymore!

Just find the key and write it down somewhere.

PrinceGhaldir said:

You can destroy, yes destroy your computer with doing that, everything is listed there, if you deleted a wrong file your computer wont boost up anymore!

Why would he want to delete anything? Purging a place like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run does usually HELP your computer(this is one of the locations of what starts up when you start Windows, purging it is actually safe... Well you should not purge drivers for stuff from starting however).

I dont know, just a warning so he can't blame me, if he ****** his computer  :lol:

PrinceGhaldir said:
You can see the key in the registry.

Click the start menu, then click on ''run''.
Typ: regedit, hit enter.
You'll see some screen popping up.
+ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
+ SOFTWARE
Look for mount and blade (at the M :razz:)
+ it.
Click on some folders, on the right side of the screen, when you look in the right folder you'll see the Key.

DAMN YOU! YOU DESTROYED MY COMPUTER!

Just kidding. Thanks for the help. I am however slightly stuck: I've found the folders Mount&Blade(containing '(Default)' and 'version') and MountAndBladeKeys (containing '(Default)' and 'Last_Module'), I'd assume the 'MountAndBladeKeys' would be it but I can't seem to open the folders up.

You can also email the guys (the email is like ester****, something or the other).  You will find their email address in the options of contacting them for the CD key.  I just told them my name, address, and whatever other info I remembered.  They got me my CD key in 24 hours.  They even updated my email from the old one to the new one so if I ever lose it I can recover it this time.

They were really helpful!

Here's the link - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,68485.0.html

To clarify the above, your original Mount&Blade key is not in the registry. The one stored there is the special one generated from a combination of your key and your hardware hash. While this activation data will generally be OK across hardware upgrades it will not work on a totally different machine. Contact eSellerate through the link Drahcir posted above. For best results it helps if you remember and have access to the email address you used when buying the key.

Darian said:
To clarify the above, your original Mount&Blade key is not in the registry. The one stored there is the special one generated from a combination of your key and your hardware hash.

Well, then it would have looked very much the same as the serial...

Back
Top Bottom