Final steps to package mod for distribution

Users who are viewing this thread

xucan

Recruit
I've created a simple mod that uses Harmony to modify how a single method functions. I've tested it both in debug mode and running in my local game. However, I'm a little stuck when it comes to packaging it up for distribution and letting others use it. Any mod I've downloaded supplies only the mod's dll and the Harmony dll (if it uses Harmony), but when I attempt to run my mod using just those two dlls the game crashes. Running with the full complement of dlls that are output into my folder structure when I build obviously works fine. So I guess my question is whether there's a step somewhere I'm missing that would allow my mod to function properly without having to provide every referenced dll?

@NPC99 Sorry. For some reason it used to not work when I tried deleting all the .dll files generated in my Visual Studio build except for the harmony one and my own. But now it does.
Not sure what went wrong before but to OP and anyone else... yeah just delete all the .dll files of assemblies you referenced but keep the 0Harmony.dll and yourmod.dll

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom