Final Solution to Unfair Matchmaking

Users who are viewing this thread

You do realise that the servers are still not stable? They didnt even publish their duel gamemode, so they probably got engine problems when creating new game modes or some other issues.

Ranked gamemode is litterly already done, they just need to add UI and icons on top of the mmr system.

Usually Ranked modes have two components: Rank and MMR. They're separate for a number of reasons, but the main reason is to balance each other out.

I assume TW is implementing this as well, where Rank is separate from hidden MMR. That needs UI, assets, and other stuff created first.

Of course, I just want to know how potato my MMR is in Skirmish, but I doubt we'll ever be seeing MMR values.

You do realise that the servers are still not stable? They didnt even publish their duel gamemode, so they probably got engine problems when creating new game modes or some other issues.

Ranked gamemode is litterly already done, they just need to add UI and icons on top of the mmr system.
I asked the same question on another thread. How come that 10 years ago, a small indie studio could give players good servers, but now a medium sized studio can't even host one decent server?

I asked the same question on another thread. How come that 10 years ago, a small indie studio could give players good servers, but now a medium sized studio can't even host one decent server?
we dont know how long of their time they actually spent on the mp servers... and warband mp wasnt made in 1 day as well

Custom servers would be better for the short term and long term. Ranked matchmaking will make the game even more empty (especially on the highest level), and let's be honest, literally no one will play it when custom servers are out. In order to ensure the security and continuing stability of bannerlord, custom servers are the only solution. Ngl it would be a waste of time for both TW and the community to work on/ wait for ranked matchmaking. Here is why: Custom servers will probably be out at the end of EA (so 31st of march based on the 1 year duration of EA). On the other hand, TW is working on ranked matchmaking, which will probably take a while before coming out, and even more time to be polished. Let's say early November. That's what? 5 months of ranked matchmaking with a declining population.

However, releasing custom server files would:
- bring back population
- make tournaments more interesting and easy to make
- remove most of the trolls
- provide different skill servers, only with the reputation of the server (ex: IG_Battleground for comp players, Wolfpack TDM for casual players)
- Make it way easier to test bugs, experiment mechanics, create strats, etc
- Add more diversity to the game (some dudes will make custom gamemodes really fast)
- And finally give the community what they deserve.
I agree that custom servers should be the priority. A lot of the reason the warband multiplayer stook around for so long is because of the massive amount of events and servers the mp community would host. I think this not being possible in bannerlord was a disappointment for a large number of veteran players, including myself.

This entire thread:

maxresdefault.jpg

creating a physics based mp is no easy task, you can make it urself easy but then it will bite you later (like fall guys now, mby still worth?)

There is already a game with physics based combat but does not have so many variables and you can actually count on your weapon to always deal proper damage and not that 1-2-3 dmg bull****. It's called warband,

As I said, we are working on Ranked Mode and that should end players leaving matches others joining mid match.

The only way to improved rank system is to make a healthier Eco-system in a competitive setting, make no mistake skirmisher mode cannot be and should not be the first mode A new player engage with.

But so far the mode that below skirmisher is TDM which serve no propose for improving skill, none of the skill involve in tdm that can translate into skirmisher mode with maybe the exception of marksmanship, again without the proper melee training that is not matter much, since you don’t know when to run and engage in melee. In tdm cav just running circle there is no real read on map presence and no way to train many other key skill which vital to perform in skirmish. For infantry 80 percent of them just spam two hand mindlessly swing and wish to hit something with no regard of defence which is also the key in skirmish, live longer in engagement.

So the natural solution is a to make a public server that toward the improving combat skill for example battle mode or a format that similar to skirmish.

It need a bridge toward the skirmish mode.

Right now my average skirmish line up time is more than 10-20m to said the least, and almost every time i hit that search bottom there are around 10 people queuing with me, at this point is not even funny anymore. As old warband veteran and small IT bushiness owner i don’t have time to play as much as i used to, but when i do i rank relatively well consider my play time.

I really hope you can bring this to your team discussion, THE BIGGEST failiue of bannerlord mutiplayer to me is lack of vision, guys who makes the shot just want it to “success” but dont know how, so it start to grap other game’s features, Causally without thinking of the core feature of the warband which draw a modest yet very dedicate fan, the end game goal should be expand this core base fan into larger amount, and try to extract commercial gain there like e-sport or gain influence for the next game. Instead of envy other game’s online player number every time look at steam chart. have more confidence in your own product please.

Back
Top Bottom