Final Funeral glitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Deerpig

Recruit
After defeating hundreds, no. Thousands of men, Vikings, monks, enemies, friends, chipmunks, and other various creatures, I finally defeated Sven and claimed victory. But it was all for not, due to the last challenge I faced, which would be my final doom. And that would be the coffin of my mother. You see, I walked down to her funeral, and was told to go down to her, and leave something she could use in Valhalla. So I walked down into the boat/cave system/glitchy mess that I assumed was her coffin. Only to get stuck in the ceiling of the glitchy cave and was not able to get out of that spot. Jumping, punching things, moving about, nothing worked. So I proceeded to throw javelins and throwing spears into the heads of watching villagers, to see if I could get something to happen. Alas, it did not work. I then chose to Save & Exit. I rebooted the save, and it went back before the battle with Sven, and put me outside the village. Only this time, I could not go into the village.

I guess my entire mission was doomed from the start. Sven may be dead, and might I add how disappointed I was to not be able to kill him myself, due to my companions rushing in and one hitting him before I had a chance to run up to him. (insert sadfaic here)

Well played coffin. Well played indeed.

Did you drop your weapon? Don't throw anything, but drop it.

You describe it as a "glitchy cave". Can you show a screenshot?

The funeral is supposed to look like this:
1TVYo.jpg

Well, it didn't look like that. It was almost the same, except with a tunneled cave(had no visible ceiling) running across the boat. I can't take a screen shot, being as I can't access the funeral again.

Adorno said:
Did you drop your weapon? Don't throw anything, but drop it.

You describe it as a "glitchy cave". Can you show a screenshot?

The funeral is supposed to look like this:
1TVYo.jpg

Did the fix to this area in 1.02 work?
Im still just looking at that ******** boat trying to find something at all to interact with.
Honestly Im pretty pissed off with the dlc, I mean if you cant make a working storyline then why did you? and why didnt you play the game to see if it worked before you put it on sale?

sigmatico said:
Did the fix to this area in 1.02 work?
Im still just looking at that ******** boat trying to find something at all to interact with.
Honestly Im pretty pissed off with the dlc, I mean if you cant make a working storyline then why did you? and why didnt you play the game to see if it worked before you put it on sale?

Hi sigmatico,

The scene works since the release in normal situations. Try what we said and if it still not working put your savegame that allow me to test it (right before the scene).

sigmatico said:

sigmatico said:
Oh Ive never actually pushed G playing mount and blade didnt know you could drop items :p

Well not being an ignorant moron worked this time :smile: thx alot for the help.

He forgot to use G shortcut.

Once again I missed the obvious.  :oops:
I've bound the "G" key to the battle overview since M&B I, as "backspace" is too awkward when I'm in "WSAD mode". I can't even remember what the "Drop" key is! Now I've missed it, I guess. Not sure I want to start from scratch, yet again.  :???:

It would be nice if one could access the inventory during the funeral scene and drop something meaningful, such as Ragnar's Saex. IMHO, that would be much better than dropping a random piece of equipment. "Here, Ma! Have a slightly used blue steel chainmail! It matches your eyes so nicely!"  :roll:

BTW, as my character was born & raised Christian, how is it that dear ol' Mom suddenly becomes "Mom Ragnarsdotter, priestess of Odin"?  :shock:

Speaking of battle overview, it would be nice if you implemented the "mini-map" I've seen in other mods. It's annoying  for me, the Lord High Mucky-Muck, to depend on the rank & file to get a clue about where my opponents are! (This mini-rant is something that's bothered me about M&B since M&B I.)

Now that I'm done ranting: I enjoyed the story line quest very much. Nicely done.  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom